You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Show - Super Bowl Special, with added Channing.

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat

We have a very special Show tonight, when we we look at Sunday's Super Bowl & try & find you some bets, & interest, in the great sporting night that is "Super Bowl Sunday".

So it will be.....

Poker from 7pm - 8pm.

Super Bowl from 8m until 10pm,

Then non-stop poker & chatter, a poker express all the way until midnight, woo-woo.

Presenter? Boycey, of course.

Resident Ambo - Mr Channing. He's even combed his hair.

Resident Sports Stats Geek - Richard Prew, aka "Tighty".

Sky Bet Ledge - Andrew Case

And of course, we will have a POKER EXPERT in the Studio. Sort of. Ish.

Should be quite a Show. 

Comments

• edited January 2015

Oh, & as it is a very special Show (we hope....), I've penned a little blog.

To be honest, it's an eclectic collection of assorted stories & tales, but you never know, some of it may arouse your interest. It has a photo of a bus, if it helps?

Go on, have a look. You know you are aching to......

http://bit.ly/1uwN1D7
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Tonight's Show - Super Bowl Special, with added Channing.:
    We have a very special Show tonight, when we we look at Sunday's Super Bowl & try & find you some bets, & interest, in the great sporting night that is "Super Bowl Sunday". So it will be..... Poker from 7pm - 8pm. Super Bowl from 8m until 10pm, Then non-stop poker & chatter, a poker express all the way until midnight, woo-woo. Presenter? Boycey , of course.   Resident Ambo - Mr Channing . He's even combed his hair.   Resident Sports Stats Geek -  Richard Prew, aka "Tighty ".   Sky Bet Ledge - Andrew Case And of course, we will have a POKER EXPERT in the Studio. Sort of. Ish.   Should be quite a Show.    
    Posted by Tikay10

How do you know this?
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Show - Super Bowl Special, with added Channing.:
    In Response to Tonight's Show - Super Bowl Special, with added Channing. : How do you know this?
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Well he had last week, as we can see.

Looks a bit like a naughty schoolboy here. (55 year old version).  

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Show - Super Bowl Special, with added Channing. : Well he had last week, as we can see.   Looks a bit like a naughty schoolboy here. (55 year old version).  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Looks like he's getting into the swing of things!
  • edited January 2015
    sounds like good stuff & have a great show guys
  • edited January 2015
    Oh, & as it is a very special Show (we hope....), I've penned a little blog. To be honest, it's an eclectic collection of assorted stories & tales, but you never know, some of it may arouse your interest. It has a photo of a bus, if it helps? Go on, have a look. You know you are aching to...... http://bit.ly/1uwN1D7
    Posted by Tikay10

is that the famous RTL??
  • edited January 2015
    Question for the panel.  When the Seattle center is about to snap the ball for the first time, do you think he should stand up and ask an official to check the air pressure in the ball?
  • edited January 2015
    Oh come onTK, thats an imposter Neil's hair never looks like that.
  • edited January 2015
     Huge amounts of hairspray and gel used there. Product they call it.

Will try and give it the swerve tonight.

It's tough having this episode on Tuesday, I'll be really suffering by looking forward to the game too much by Thursday.

Luckily I have the GUKPT to distract me. If anyone is playing at the Vic this week come and say Hi.
  • edited January 2015
     Huge amounts of hairspray and gel used there. Product they call it.  Will try and give it the swerve tonight.  It's tough having this episode on Tuesday, I'll be really suffering by looking forward to the game too much by Thursday.  Luckily I have the GUKPT to distract me. If anyone is playing at the Vic this week come and say Hi.
    Posted by NChanning
    Ha, "product", the generic term that "Wardrobe" use.

"Would you like some product for the weekend, Sir?"

GUKPT - I'll be there Thursday, for the 4/5/6 Omaha thing. Nits & old peeps only, so YBA.

• edited January 2015
    Hey guys My 3 favirite people in the world in 1 place Happy days :D
  • edited January 2015
    Which hand do you think is better to have Pre flop AK offsuit or JQ on suit 
  • edited January 2015
    It looks like good news for the Seattle Defence.  Richard Sherman has said that his elbow has recovered and Earl Thomas shoulder is fine too.  He went on to say that Marshawn Lynch's jaw was a bit sore so he wouldn't be giving any interviews.

Does the esteemed panel think that the game against the packers was just a one off blip for Seattle or have the pack shown how to beat them?  Personally I think that Seattle will just nick it in a low scoring game.
  • edited January 2015
    Hey guys My 2 favirite people in the world in 1 place Happy days :D
    Posted by whitebeast

You mean the Fonz & Mr. Cunningham?  ;-)
  • edited January 2015
    oh yeah its grimr as hes a mate of mine
  • edited January 2015
    Nice blog tikay, as regards to your blog question of why for next years super bowl has reverted from roman numerals to "arabic" numbers is simple...Know your market!! and as Super Bowl L doesn't have quite have the same recognition as 50th, i will have to concede to breaking of tradition.Whether they go back to LI for next years super bowl is the $Million question!Have a great show.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Show - Super Bowl Special, with added Channing. : You mean the Fonz & Mr. Cunningham?  ;-)
    Posted by Glenelg
    I ment 3 ahaha ;)
  • edited January 2015
    Big Shout out to Chris Cunliffe (rspca12) who is in your Super Roller Coverage.

He has been a great supporter of the Tournament Leader Board Charity Initiative.

Currently £1,805 raised so far.

Chris is also donating 5% of any winnings from UKPC to the charities.

Other people making pledges if Final Tabling a UKPC event include

Ross McConnell (Ross Mc)
    Ryan Spittles (Scotty77)
    Andy Young (chicknMelt)
    Conor Gilmore (bearlyther)

People can make pledges via the following link:

https://doodle.com/g3rvy5remsbhfqku

Cheers graham (StayOrGo)
  • edited January 2015
    Hi guys

Not a Superbowl market

However, how about a market for the top Sky Poker Tournament player.

The one who wins the most money from scheduled tournaments in 2015!

Just a thought as a "novelty" bet.

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Great show guys, well done. I'm a total novice when it comes to NFL, I'm more of a football and golf better but I'm finding the line of thinking on each market very interesting.
  • edited January 2015
    Ok a poker hand It's all about the pre-flop tonights turbo open hand id 867018342show my hand only, what should I do and why?
  • edited January 2015
    Hi GUys,
    I'm enjoying the show!
    However, my Mrs. is REALLY enjoying it!  She wants to know if Andy can come round when I'm NOT in and explain this "NFL thingy" in more detail!!   Sigh,  how shallow ;-))

Edit..she also wants to know why all bets are 10/11!!!!   BIG sigh!
  • edited January 2015
      jackpot          
      10:01 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 558 614 238 43  
      left 76 199 10    

memfno 15 67      
      SCHOF78 29 161      
      amcgrath 38 129      
      tommy114 43 135      
      REDARROW61 47 145      
      bubbles82 57 13      
      FlashFlush 61 108      
      MARYBOBBIN 65 159      
      shirley02 69 172      
      jawzindawz 74 136      
      spinky6108 75 196      

• edited January 2015
      jackpot          
      10:11 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 558 541 202 36  
      left 47 75 1    

REDARROW61 41 4      
      FlashFlush 42 61      

• edited January 2015
    Hi

Just started watching as boyfriend hogging the tv for footy and tennis. I'm sure it's been a great show...

Mr. Channing did not friend me on FB (( but never mind...

There once was a chap called Neil Channing
    Whose bad beats they're always banging
    But he's a great guy
    And I'll tell you why-
    Cause he gives the bookies a tanning

Onwards and upwards :-)
  • edited January 2015
    Sadly been working til late tonight so only just in and been watching since 11 but have to say this is some of the best strategy stuff I have ever seen on Sky. Top show guys.

• edited January 2015
    Hi guys, great show guys. Loved the American Football betting coverage.

No problem for the delay getting involved with the TLB charity Neil. Glad you want to get involved! That would be great!

BTW, I'm hoping to make Team Sky Poker via the "Tournament Side" this week.

I have 46 points after that 2nd place in the Turbo open. I think I'm leading with one day to go.

Touch wood.

Cheers Graham (StayOrGo)
  • edited January 2015
    Dodgy's all in... wow. Even I knew that was bad. BUT should the chip leader have folded, just in case the bigger FH was there?