You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

awful spot for set

edited March 2015 in The Poker Clinic
no reads
having choose not to reraise on the turn, is their any hand possible for me to be ahead of?
x Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £24.13
supercrazy Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £20.05
  Your hole cards

hhyftrftdr Fold        
PAPRIKA Fold        
craigcu12 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £17.84
x Call   £0.25 £0.70 £23.88
supercrazy Fold        
Flop

• Q

x Bet   £0.53 £1.23 £23.35
craigcu12 Raise   £1.46 £2.69 £16.38
x Call   £0.93 £3.62 £22.42
Turn

• K

x Check        
craigcu12 Bet   £2.72 £6.34 £13.66
x Call   £2.72 £9.06 £19.70
River

x All-in   £19.70 £28.76 £0.00
craigcu12 ?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Looks like a flush, probably the nut flush. Fold for me.
  • edited February 2015
    I agree with Larson. The fact he bets out on the flop looks like a semi-bluff holding a poss flush draw. If he actually had top pair I think he'd be check raising. 

Probably take a hard swallow and press fold...
  • edited February 2015
    Would someone really make such a massive overbet in this spot if they had the nuts?

Given that Craig has raised pre, raised the donk bet, bet the turn... fair assumption that lots of his range are still going to value bet the river as well, so wouldn't a flush be looking to c/r all in rather than lead out?

IDK, it just doesn't seem like a line that a super strong hand would want to take and risk losing value once they've hit their monster.

But then I am a massive river fish.
  • edited February 2015
    people are significantly better at mining their own value these days and an many player types would infact ship it here when they hit their equity rather than look to c/r imho.

Its a smaller mistake to fold and be wrong than the bigger mistake of being wrong and calling given the bet size also.  Its never really 1 pr, its really unlikely to be KQ. 

56 is a fun merge :p but looks like a pass to me.  
  • edited March 2015
    It's a sigh fold, you have an uncapped range and flush is a large part of your range, so he is not shoving worst for value and let's be fair he's not bluffing.

I would raise the flop bigger and bet turn bigger.
    In response to the person saying why would he overshove here with the nuts, he is shoving £13 effective into £9 it's pretty standard shove all range or check 
  • edited March 2015

I would have bet massive on flop guy lead out which would indicate he had a good hand for this flop so charge him. turn id punish even more make it almost impossible for him to call with flush your not giving him the correct odds to chase flush on river but its not far especially if he has nut flush draw over bet pot on turn charge him for when he misses or get a fold hes shown hes interested so I think its defo protect your hand mode forget proper betting and being reserved or trying to get value you have a great hand he had a good hand or great draw so protect your hand. river seems a bit face up seems like he hit nut flush but don't know the player but readless seems like its nuts trying to get max payoff you should have done that to him on the turn.
  • edited March 2015
    Did you call Craig?  If so, what did he rock up with?
  • edited March 2015
    Obvs we don't want him told a flush draw on the turn guys, the idea is to extract value and protect our range not get him to fold his draw
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: awful spot for set:
    Obvs we don't want him told a flush draw on the turn guys, the idea is to extract value and protect our range not get him to fold his draw
    Posted by mrleemr1
    I wasn't suggesting he makes him fold out the flush draw but you cannot give guy odds to chase it you have to make it a really bad call on villians part to make the play profitable if he hits or misses genrally you find if they are chasing nut draw they will fold less often so betting bigger on turn is extracting max value don't make it easy for him to call and see.