You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Players thoughts on MTT 2K starting stacks??

Hi everyone,

This is my first discussion starter on Sky poker, (so excuse if this has been spoken about before). My question is what are players views on 2k starting stacks in the MTTS?

I thoroughly enjoy playing tournies on sky for many reasons, but one thing I don't quite get is the reason the starting stacks are 2k instead of 3k. My favourite tourney on sky is the wednesday rebuy for the pure reason i can start with 4k by rebuying straight away. Are there players who prefer the 2k vs a 3k starting stack?

Appreciate feedback thanks.

Tim

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Would love to see 3k starting stacks for Omaha MTT's (particulary PLO8).
  • edited January 2015
    I didnt know the PLO MTTS also had 2k starting stacks - seems kinda shallow. I think 3k stacks would reduce variance where you can afford to take a hit and still be in the tournament. It also means players would feel they're getting more bang for their buck.

I'm sure there is a legitimate reason why Sky chose the 2k starting stack... I would just like to see them pilot the 3k for the above reasons.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Players thoughts on MTT 2K starting stacks??:
    I didnt know the PLO MTTS also had 2k starting stacks - seems kinda shallow. I think 3k stacks would reduce variance where you can afford to take a hit and still be in the tournament. It also means players would feel they're getting more bang for their buck. I'm sure there is a legitimate reason why Sky chose the 2k starting stack... I would just like to see them pilot the 3k for the above reasons.
    Posted by devil_tear
    Exactly what I was thinking seeing as PLO is supposed to be a post flop game.

• edited January 2015
    Would quite like one of the BH mains to have a 3k SS. Probably not Thursday for obvious reasons but one of the other nights would be nice.

Lose one decent pot early doors in a BH main and you immediately feel under pressure!
  • edited January 2015
    Would quite like one of the BH mains to have a 3k SS. Probably not Thursday for obvious reasons but one of the other nights would be nice. Lose one decent pot early doors in a BH main and you immediately feel under pressure!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Being short stacked in a BH is usually no problem... you'll always get at least one player on the table willing to call a shove with any 2!

Anyway, isn't stack size irrelevant? It's BB's and structure that's important. A 3k stack with a 15/30 start is the same as a 2k stack with a 10/20 blind level. 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Players thoughts on MTT 2K starting stacks?? : Being short stacked in a BH is usually no problem... you'll always get at least one player on the table willing to call a shove with any 2! Anyway, isn't stack size irrelevant? It's BB's and structure that's important. A 3k stack with a 15/30 start is the same as a 2k stack with a 10/20 blind level. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    This
  • edited January 2015
    True bb and structure is important, so do you not feel these could be improved upon in some other way perhaps?

Also I know you both are regs and therefore being on a a table with you your 3 bet sizings are going to mean more play with a 2k stack... but with more amateur players there bet sizing on all streets tends to be alot bigger so for example if theyre bluffing 2 streets with AK and your calling down with your mid pair, then boom they get their on the river - your suddenly left really short due to how theyve sized their bets. So imo the 3k SS would help in this sort of situation.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Players thoughts on MTT 2K starting stacks?? : Being short stacked in a BH is usually no problem... you'll always get at least one player on the table willing to call a shove with any 2! Anyway, isn't stack size irrelevant? It's BB's and structure that's important. A 3k stack with a 15/30 start is the same as a 2k stack with a 10/20 blind level. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yeah, but I'm talking about one BH main starting with 3k at 10/20. Like the Friday night one has a 12min clock and better structure than the Thursday main, so that could be a good one to experiment with as a slightly deeper gambling tournament :)