You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pokerfor fun

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
Having had a sabbatical from Poker for various reasons I was well up for a game tonight. Thought I would work my way in slowly via the `freeplay`cash tables. Unfortunately I bumped into SuziScuzi, Kenwin blah blah and all their mates. If there was ever an excuse to not play Poker these over chipped `condescending knuckleheads are it. I was all inned most hands because they could and I couldn`t and they didn`t even have the common courtesy to stop the personal chat whilst making me feel like a piece of S....
Well done Sky for making all us minions feel welcome !!! 

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I dont know any of these people but you cant blame sky for their actions, if you feel their chat was abusive or out of order you should report them. Otherwise the mute function is always a great last resort.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Pokerfor fun:
    Having had a sabbatical from Poker for various reasons I was well up for a game tonight. Thought I would work my way in slowly via the `freeplay`cash tables. Unfortunately I bumped into SuziScuzi, Kenwin blah blah and all their mates. If there was ever an excuse to not play Poker these over chipped `condescending knuckleheads are it. I was all inned most hands because they could and I couldn`t and they didn`t even have the common courtesy to stop the personal chat whilst making me feel like a piece of S.... Well done Sky for making all us minions feel welcome !!! 
    Posted by mareeves11
    Hi Mark,

Why is any of that the fault of Sky Poker?

Players are perfectly entitled to move all-in every hand if they wish, it is not against any rules, & it is not bad etiquette. In "Free Play" Poker, most people adopt a similar strategy.

They chatted to each other whilst playing you? Again, what is wrong with that?

Maybe they don't like you, or your style of chat. In your profile, you say you are often described as "an abrasive ******", so perhaps they preferred not to engage?

Sorry it was not a pleasant experience, & I know it's standard for many people to blame Sky Poker for everything, but I can't really see what Sky Poker, or the other players, have done wrong here.

I certainly don't think it is right or fair to describe them in the terms you did, either.  

• edited January 2015
    This has to be a level thread no?
  • edited January 2015
    pardon my ignorance but what is 'freeplay cash' ?

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Pokerfor fun:
    pardon my ignorance but what is 'freeplay cash' ?
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Sky Poker do have these - go to the Cash Games Lobby, then  "FREE PLAY".

I don't know, but I assume they use Poker Points or somesuch.

There is, in fact, a 100-200 game running right now, on Table "Miranda" - one chap has 500,000 somethings in front of him, the rest seem to have around 50,000 somethings.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Pokerfor fun : Sky Poker do have these - go to the Cash Games Lobby, then  "FREE PLAY". I don't know, but I assume they use Poker Points or somesuch. There is, in fact, a 100-200 game running right now, on Table "Miranda" - one chap has 500,000 somethings in front of him, the rest seem to have around 50,000 somethings.  
    Posted by Tikay10

I just had a look, so you don't win anything, just points.

Thanks Tikay you have sated my curiosity.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Pokerfor fun : Sky Poker do have these - go to the Cash Games Lobby, then  "FREE PLAY". I don't know, but I assume they use Poker Points or somesuch. There is, in fact, a 100-200 game running right now, on Table "Miranda" - one chap has 500,000 somethings in front of him, the rest seem to have around 50,000 somethings.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    High-stakes action!
    I may sit down with my 45 big blinds.....

• edited February 2015
    This has to be a level thread no?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Many thanks for your level  thread post - everybody else just sucks up to Sky and their onboard mates. I have a problem with Sky Poker and I voice my opinion. I have been warned about my conduct in the past but as long as I`m not happy with the service that I`m paying for I will complain.

Many thanks 

Mark
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Pokerfor fun : Hi Mark, Why is any of that the fault of Sky Poker? Players are perfectly entitled to move all-in every hand if they wish, it is not against any rules, & it is not bad etiquette. In "Free Play" Poker, most people adopt a similar strategy. They chatted to each other whilst playing you? Again, what is wrong with that? Maybe they don't like you, or your style of chat. In your profile, you say you are often described as "an abrasive ******", so perhaps they preferred not to engage? Sorry it was not a pleasant experience, & I know it's standard for many people to blame Sky Poker for everything, but I can't really see what Sky Poker, or the other players, have done wrong here.   I certainly don't think it is right or fair to describe them in the terms you did, either.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have been warned by Sky Poker for personal comments whilst playing and reprimanded for voicing my opinion in the chat rooms even though nobody complained. I very rarely chat to people whilst playing since it ruins my train of thought and most of it is tosh anyway. I spend a lot of my free time playing live poker in the local pub leagues and to be honest I have had no complaints about my sarcastic nature or the way. I get moaned at for not turning up.
    I will play my bonus points properly to generate a cash return and then take my poker elsewhere.

It`s been great watching and chatting to you and the team (and Orford) over the years but I`ve had enough.

Best Regards

Mark
  • edited February 2015
    Many thanks to all at Sky Poker (and Orford) but I will be taking my poker spending back to the live tables. Best regards toTikay for some great advise and for helping me to improve my game. Been great playing against you all - see you on the freerolls till my points run out.

Very best regards

Mark aka mareeves11