You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

run run, runitsrann

1235»

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Wow, great achievement, exciting stuff
  • edited February 2015
    VWP!!  Excellent news.  I feel a 861 invite coming his way soon?  ;-)
  • edited February 2015
    Really very pleased for him.
    The very best of luck.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: run run, runitsrann:
    VWP!!  Excellent news.  I feel a 861 invite coming his way soon?  ;-)
    Posted by Glenelg
    You never know, though it's a bit awkward, as he lives in Edinburgh if I recall correctly. .

I'm certainly very hopeful he will be at UKPC, he usually plays all the Sky Poker "Live " Events.
  • edited February 2015
    And so the story ends, out in 4th shoving Pocket 2s into the chip leader's Pocket Jacks.

Wins AUD 430,000.
  • edited February 2015
    Out 4th he shoved with 22 in to cl's jj
  • edited February 2015
    He just just busted out in 4th. Open jammed pocket 2's and the chip leader in the big blind had JJ . And held

Great result though vwp
  • edited February 2015

Whilst we all await news from Australia, you may want to read a Sky Poker Blog by James Rann. The date of this Blog was 8th November 2011. Seems like he may have changed his mind....... 

It is
    HERE
  • edited February 2015

Ugh!

GREAT performance by James.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: run run, runitsrann : You never know, though it's a bit awkward, as he lives in Edinburgh if I recall correctly. . I'm certainly very hopeful he will be at UKPC, he usually plays all the Sky Poker "Live " Events.
    Posted by Tikay10[/QUOTE

He's London based now Tikay. Brilliant result!!
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: run run, runitsrann :
    In Response to Re: run run, runitsrann : You never know, though it's a bit awkward, as he lives in Edinburgh if I recall correctly. . I'm certainly very hopeful he will be at UKPC, he usually plays all the Sky Poker "Live " Events. Posted by Tikay10[/QUOTE He's London based now Tikay. Brilliant result!!
    Posted by joesman1
    Thanks Neil.

I'm very hopeful he'll be at the UKPC.

861? If we can, we will.
  • edited February 2015
    Thanks!!! Just wanted to thank you for all your kind words and support! While the money if life changing I can't put a price on all the support. It was quite overwhelming and genuinely meant a lot.

The sky poker community is very unique and I am very proud to be part of it!

I would have loved the opportunity to thank you all personally at the UKPC but afraid I won't be able to make it. I wish you all the best of luck at what will no doubt be a fantastic event!

Thanks, james
  • ommomm
    edited February 2015
    Thanks!!! Just wanted to thank you for all your kind words and support! While the money if life changing I can't put a price on all the support. It was quite overwhelming and genuinely meant a lot. The sky poker community is very unique and I am very proud to be part of it! I would have loved the opportunity to thank you all personally at the UKPC but afraid I won't be able to make it. I wish you all the best of luck at what will no doubt be a fantastic event! Thanks, james
    Posted by RUNITSRANN

Well done James, very inspiring stuff, particularly reading the old blog Tikay put up. Would be great to know what of your poker targets you have actually achieved. If anybody has ever deserved a bit of poker wealth it's you. Well done for all the hard work. 
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: run run, runitsrann : Well done James, very inspiring stuff, particularly reading the old blog Tikay put up. Would be great to know what of your poker targets you have actually achieved. If anybody has ever deserved a bit of poker wealth it's you. Well done for all the hard work. 
    Posted by omm
    Thanks Omm! I am a big believer in goal setting. One of the best things I've listened to recently was the mental game of poker podcast; Daniel Negranu interview. He talks about the importance of goal setting, and taking responsibility. It basically reafirmed a lot of my own believes.

I set myself goals. I avoid profit targets as this will often lead to dissapointment with the unpredictable nature of the game. At the start of 2014 my 2 main goals were to acheive supernova elite and to reach a final table with at least $100k up top, in the next two years. Acheiving supernova elite was one of the hardest things Ive done. The sheer volume required me to play when I was tired and tilted. But playing all that volume in 2014 has certainly improved my game(over 2000 hours online). The AussieM FT was the third time I've acheived my FT goal. In those FTs, I've finished 6th,4th and 4th so I definately have some work to do on my FT game.

In 2015 my main poker goal is to fall back in love with the game and only play when I'm enjoying it. A deep run and the biggest score of my life has certainly helped :)
  • edited February 2015

Brilliant stuff

What are your first things you intend to spend your money on / invest in?

Also, was anybody lucky enough to swap a percentage with you?
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: run run, runitsrann : Thanks Omm! I am a big believer in goal setting. One of the best things I've listened to recently was the mental game of poker podcast; Daniel Negranu interview. He talks about the importance of goal setting, and taking responsibility. It basically reafirmed a lot of my own believes. I set myself goals. I avoid profit targets as this will often lead to dissapointment with the unpredictable nature of the game. At the start of 2014 my 2 main goals were to acheive supernova elite and to reach a final table with at least $100k up top, in the next two years. Acheiving supernova elite was one of the hardest things Ive done. The sheer volume required me to play when I was tired and tilted. But playing all that volume in 2014 has certainly improved my game(over 2000 hours online). The AussieM FT was the third time I've acheived my FT goal. In those FTs, I've finished 6th,4th and 4th so I definately have some work to do on my FT game. In 2015 my main poker goal is to fall back in love with the game and only play when I'm enjoying it. A deep run and the biggest score of my life has certainly helped :)
    Posted by RUNITSRANN
    Hi James,

Big congrats on your recent score but even bigger on your SNE grind.  I play alot myself and am full of praise for your achievement.  Can you give us an insight to some of the perks besides the rb involved?  Also, with you being away travelling doesn't it eat away at you that this year would have been even more beneficial to make SNE again?

Have a great time and hope Michael is behaving himself ;)

James (dtm)
  • edited February 2015
    Thanks!!! Just wanted to thank you for all your kind words and support! While the money if life changing I can't put a price on all the support. It was quite overwhelming and genuinely meant a lot. The sky poker community is very unique and I am very proud to be part of it! I would have loved the opportunity to thank you all personally at the UKPC but afraid I won't be able to make it. I wish you all the best of luck at what will no doubt be a fantastic event! Thanks, james
    Posted by RUNITSRANN
    What a nice young fellow you sound! Enjoy the win!! :)
  • edited February 2015
    Brilliant stuff What are your first things you intend to spend your money on / invest in? Also, was anybody lucky enough to swap a percentage with you?
    Posted by SUPERSNEDD
    Had 52% of myself. Swapped 20%, sky poker regular Style had 5%.

I'm quite sensible with my money. Hope to buy a house in the next couple of years before I'm 30. Would love to take my family on safari.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: run run, runitsrann : What a nice young fellow you sound! Enjoy the win!! :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thanks!!!
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: run run, runitsrann : Hi James, Big congrats on your recent score but even bigger on your SNE grind.  I play alot myself and am full of praise for your achievement.  Can you give us an insight to some of the perks besides the rb involved?  Also, with you being away travelling doesn't it eat away at you that this year would have been even more beneficial to make SNE again? Have a great time and hope Michael is behaving himself ;) James (dtm)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    The main perks of SNE are the rb and bonuses. It was worth about $100k before profit and your right it is worth more second time round. But you can't put a price on happyness. I don't want to spend my days staring at a computer screen. This year I want to travel a lot more and play a lot more live poker. One of the perks of SNE is I've now got the wcoop main event to look forward to. That will be my biggest ever online tournament.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: run run, runitsrann : Had 52% of myself. Swapped 20%, sky poker regular Style had 5%. I'm quite sensible with my money. Hope to buy a house in the next couple of years before I'm 30. Would love to take my family on safari.
    Posted by RUNITSRANN
    Nice one sounds like the right move, good luck in your next venture