You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Have forum diaries stifled the lack of fluidity in other forum categories & sub-categories?

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
I think a lot of people use other forms to analyse hands. I think Skype/facebook are now more popular to analyse hands.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    A question I have been asking myself!

Not having a pop at diaries, in fact I believe them to be good for the diary keeper's game.

I played here, as some will know, a few years ago and always enjoyed a wee peek into the forum and certain categories which were thriving. Namely, 'The Poker Clinic' and all the opportunities to analyse hands. 

Their all now sitting in regular posters personal diairies. Now we need to trounce through this stuff. whatever happened to "blah, blah, blah facing river jam", "aye, that sounds like fun". Same could be said for 'BBV'. I just believe that these categories are fundamental to poker forums. 

But maybe there's something better at work here?

Discuss!
  • edited January 2015
    You mean that the sub category itself is stifled because of the game evolving into the use of study groups or the such?
  • edited January 2015
    They could maybe have a diary section, but it would water down the content in poker chat. Either way's cool imo
  • edited January 2015
    There are some lolbad diaries on other forums, always makes for great reading.

What Bates said, btw.
  • edited January 2015
    no they haven't
  • edited January 2015
    Maybe you are spending too long solving the 2nd order partial differential equations on fluidity. Time better spent reading posts or replying to them. 

But this is a good start. Another day another post. But start posting many times a day on the threads you like and they will grow with you.