You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Losing Value with Queens

edited January 2015 in The Poker Clinic
Im under the gun playing with four opposing players. Pick up two of a kind queens before the flop.
I am beneath the gun as I stated, so my hand looks stronger than usual with the raise.
I made the raise before the flop is dealt to increase the pot size, but should I just flat call so that I can ensure that a flop will be dealt and then I can make more money after the flop?
As played, the blinds folded, so I feel I lost some of value.

Hand History #867279286 (16:37 28/01/2015)
Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
showoff1 Small blind £0.05 £0.05 £10.00
hhyftrftdr Big blind £0.10 £0.15 £23.50
  Your hole cards
QQ

Airball Raise £0.30 £0.45 £19.70
Sngwizkid Fold
showoff1 Fold
hhyftrftdr Fold
Airball Muck
Airball Win £0.25 £19.95
Airball Return £0.20 £0.00 £20.15

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I folded my BB?! Can't believe that..... ;)

No, don't limp in. That could land you in all sorts of trouble. Unfortunately sometimes when you get a premium hand, others at the table have trash. Like when you get a walk in the BB with aces, it's frustrating but part and parcel of the game.

Also, I know you open raise when entering a pot, so if you suddenly limped in then it would look very suspicious to people paying attention.
  • edited January 2015
    Top drawer stuff! First post and your levelling, haha! Gotta love it. Right?

Table Dynamics when you limp in?

Btn folds, SB folds, BB Checks. 

He'll give you action when your behind and fold when he's not.

Raise it all day. This is where you hope to get paid off for polarising your range if there's any history.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Losing Value with Queens:
    Im under the gun playing with four opposing players. Pick up two of a kind queens before the flop. I am beneath the gun as I stated, so my hand looks stronger than usual with the raise. I made the raise before the flop is dealt to increase the pot size, but should I just flat call so that I can ensure that a flop will be dealt and then I can make more money after the flop? As played, the blinds folded, so I feel I lost some of value. Hand History #867279286 (16:37 28/01/2015) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance showoff1 Small blind £0.05 £0.05 £10.00 hhyftrftdr Big blind £0.10 £0.15 £23.50   Your hole cards QQ     Airball Raise £0.30 £0.45 £19.70 Sngwizkid Fold showoff1 Fold hhyftrftdr Fold Airball Muck Airball Win £0.25 £19.95 Airball Return £0.20 £0.00 £20.15
    Posted by Airball
    Hi Airball

I don't know if I would raise, your fellow poker players could potentially have AA or KK which gets you in a of a situation which you could avoid by folding under the gun.

Many thanks
    TheHoover
  • edited January 2015
    Hoovers and Airballs

Only need MyDyson to comment ! :-)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Losing Value with Queens:
    Hoovers and Airballs Only need MyDyson to comment ! :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    'TheHoover' because i clean up all the chips