You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10pound rebuy at local club

Heres the situation....blinds are 250-500 its folden to me in the co.i look at A8 off i make it 1400..only get a call from the sb..flop is 832 2 spades! he checks i bet 3/4 of the pot...he check raises to 7k.... he has about 10k back i started the hand with about 20k...whats your plan of action here guys?

Comments

• edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: 10pound rebuy at local club:
    "I'm all in" ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    this.
  • edited January 2010

For future reference, list how big your stack is and villains stack is before the end of the hand, it makes it easier to digest and process the information.

Also, its prety vitally important whether you have the As, so list what suits your hands are.

Action is bet 2100, raise to 7000 with 10k behind which means you are almost covered, given that you have 20k at start of hand.

Unfortunately, this situation is very specific, some villains will c/r this flop with 44/55/66/77/8x assuming that you have AK and that you are merely c-betting. Some villains flat TT-QQ to a button raise to avoid variance and flipping coins, and getting it in on safe boards. Of course, there are the villains who know that two overcards and a spade draw is in very good shape and will try to get the money in on this flop (as well has spade+straight draw combos).

Of course, villain could have slowplayed KK/AA, or flopped a set, which is very bad news for you.

Against an aggressive, loose player, this is most probably an all in. Against a tight player who you haven't seen get out of line at all, this is probably a fold, considering you only commited 15% of your stack to the hand and you are most likely behind at this point. Remember, the As is an important card to have, because if the tight player is raising and does not have th nut flush draw, you are probably facing a strong made hand.

You went all-in, villain calls with 99 and you lose?