You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Virus infected computer!

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi I have had a very unplesant experience this weekend.
Had trouble using IE!
Internet explorer not responding,tried several times,then had a pop up saying my Adobe Flash player needs updating,  then agrred to update and then realized my computer was being bombarded with adware.
Tried to uninstall all the adware that had been loaded,but now ,cannot get back into my computer,so using laptop.
Tried every thing I know of to get back into my computer,but no joy,
Cannot even load my system disk.
Any help appreciated!

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Try loading in safe mode 

If you get in then try and restore back a week or 2
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Virus infected computer!:
    Try loading in safe mode  If you get in then try and restore back a week or 2
    Posted by stuarty117
    Cannot get into bios or safe mode.
    My system is Windows 8.
  • edited February 2015
    You should be able to get into safe mode by holding down the shift key and clicking on restart, this should take you to the trouble shooting option where you can select safe mode....

I don't ever use system restore because it doesn't actually delete the problem files it just restores your computer to an earlier time....

I use two things on my computer and I would recommend both for getting rid of your problems, one is called CCleaner  the other avast antivirus
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Virus infected computer! : Cannot get into bios or safe mode. My system is Windows 8.
    Posted by wynne1938
    Will always try to help but it's very hard as you don't describe the symptoms at all, saying only "can't get into the computer".

RE the highlighted section above. I can't see why you'd want to get into the BIOS (settings) but if you cannot then that would suggest a serious hardware issue. Normally a single press of a 'function' key is all that is needed to access that. Does your keyboard work? Is the PC powering on at all?

In the thread title you say you have a virus but don't mention it in the post. Can you elaborate further?

In the post body you say you were bombarded with adware but then removed it. What adware removal tools did you use to get rid?

I think you're going to need to get the PC to someone skilled who can see what's happening and then fix the issue.

• edited February 2015
    Although I have managed to get into my computer ,the virus is still there.
    Only affects IE and Fire Fox
    It is called Flash Zero!
    Still trying to get rid of it!
  • edited February 2015
    Although I have managed to get into my computer ,the virus is still there. Only affects IE and Fire Fox It is called Flash Zero! Still trying to get rid of it!
    Posted by wynne1938

seems this has taken quite a hold, everyone needs to be aware.

read carefully

regards