You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DTD tie up agreement with Party Poker!

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
Will this mean an end to future Sky tournaments there?

Edit... I guess it does as DTD are only saying the Feb tournament wont be effected.

Comments

• edited February 2015
    the monday night ones? i really hope not, these are the 3 MTT's i try and play every week by far my favourite games

ignore this, this was a stupid post, u meant UKPC obviously, im stupid
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to DTD tie up agreement with Party Poker!:
    Will this mean an end to future Sky tournaments there? Edit... I guess it does as DTD are only saying the Feb tournament wont be effected.
    Posted by a00rock
    That's jumping to conclusions Mr Rocky Mc Rock.

I'm not in a position to be a spokesperson for either Company, but as far as I am aware, nothing has changed as to possible future Events @ DTD, & negotiations for the August Event are well advanced (but not finalised) already.

The Club is currently plastered with Sky Poker Branding, & has been for 2 months, & this will remain in place until after the February renewal.

Sky Poker have been aware for some time of various options DTD were considering, including the Party option, & Rob Yong of DTD met with Sky Poker to discuss these options recently.

Party have their own "Live" brand - WPT - & this does not clash with UKPC as far as I am aware.

DTD will be running Satellites to the February Sky Poker UKPC on Party Poker, which suggests both parties are comfortable.

Prior to this deal, DTD Online were part of I-Poker, & that never prevented the Sky Poker UKPC taking place.

I am not aware of any reasons that the partnership between DTD & Sky Poker will not continue. That's not an "Official" statement, just what I am aware of.

• edited February 2015
    Yeah maybe really just saying it would be a shame if it did Tikay as many who go there say it is a great venue. I do hope to go there 1 day to a Sky event when I move back to S Yorks hopefully in the not too distant future. Ho and I've recently withdrawn my bankroll from Party as I don't like their new software lol.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: DTD tie up agreement with Party Poker!:
    Yeah maybe really just saying it would be a shame if it did Tikay as many who go there say it is a great venue. I do hope to go there 1 day to a Sky event when I move back to S Yorks hopefully in the not too distant future. Ho and I've recently withdrawn my bankroll from Party as I don't like their new software lol.
    Posted by a00rock
    Well fingers crossed things will continue "as is". We don't know that yet, but we don't have reason to suppose otherwise at this stage.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: DTD tie up agreement with Party Poker!:
    In Response to Re: DTD tie up agreement with Party Poker! : Well fingers crossed things will continue "as is". We don't know that yet, but we don't have reason to suppose otherwise at this stage.
    Posted by Tikay10
    As someone who has played on Party since I had hair, I think it is unlikely to make much difference here. As an example, the WPTN is being held in Aspers Stratford in 2 weeks time. I suspect there will be more WPT 500s at DTD. However, their move was more likely inspired by some major issues on i-poker recently.
  • edited February 2015
    PartyPoker charge you for the audacity of having a dormant account!
  • edited February 2015
    There's enough months in the year for other online sites to use DTD im sure they will welcome the traffic through the doors,so it wont affect UKPC.Great club btw
  • edited February 2015

I think sky missed a massive opportunity here