You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

time to quit

Finally had enough of being trounced in every game.  May not be a fantastic player but even I can tell its time to go when you cant win a hand even when being dealt top cards 10 times in a row and lost every one.  Rubbish cards being played by others and winning and no one should win almost every hand but it keeps happening.  

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I find I have to agree. Something very wrong has happened to Sky's RNG. 

Last two DYMs for example...first game blinds are 10/20, I'm in small blind with AK suited. It's folded around to me and I 3x and the BB, who is short stacked with just 160, shoves with A3 off. I call and the turn and river come runner runner to give him a straight. Two hands later I've got aces and BB has kings. Cue 3 bet, 4 bet, 5 bet, shove and call. King comes on the flop. 

Next game, second hand, four players to the flop, three of whom called a 4x pre flop raise from the cut off. I've got A8 clubs and flop comes K,J,10 with two clubs. I'm second to act and call the lead out bet of 80 from the BB. Turn comes 5 clubs. BB leads out for 560 into a pot of 640. I flat with the nuts and the players in the UTG+1 and cut off fold. River comes another 5 diamonds and BB shoves. I call and he turns over K 5 off for his house. 

Disregarding the donk call pre flop by the BB, that's some highly improbable (9% assuming none of the other eight hole cards included a king or five)

Had aces cracked twice today, kings cracked by 10s (with a 10 on the river), been sucked out by dominated hands hitting runner runner another three or four times too. Seems to be set up after set up. And anyone who comes with comments like "that's poker" or that old cobblers about you play more hands online so you see more bad beats, ignores the fact that I've lost about a dozen or more hands today where I had 85%+ equity before the turn or river. 

Jesus, even Zynga, that I play while taking a dump, has a better (i.e. fewer beats and unlikely run outs) RNG than Sky. 

• edited February 2015
    Hey Polgara

Nice sharing a table with you tonight.

Don't be too disheartened over one game.

You got very unlucky in the JJ hand against the other guys Ace 10.

You played well and solid.

• edited February 2015
    Wow, you must run well to get dealt 10 top cards in a row. 
  • edited February 2015
    Next DYM back...four handed, chip leader in SB in an unopened pot min raises to 300, I shove 2300, and he calls. He's got A4 suited, I've got A10 off. My equity in the hand increases on the flop and on the turn. The river comes a four. Another instance of getting your chips in good and getting fcuked over by a 7% river (assuming the other four folded cards didnt include a four) 

Come on Sky, play fair.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: time to quit:
    Next DYM back...four handed, chip leader in SB in an unopened pot min raises to 300, I shove 2300, and he calls. He's got A4 suited, I've got A10 off. My equity in the hand increases on the flop and on the turn. The river comes a four. Another instance of getting your chips in good and getting fcuked over by a 7% river (assuming the other four folded cards didnt include a four)  Come on Sky, play fair.
    Posted by bongo69
    Do you expect your AT to win 100% of the time? And never to get outdrawn on the river? Cause if so, you're playing the wrong game my friend :)
  • edited February 2015
    Two hands later I've got aces and BB has kings. Cue 3 bet, 4 bet, 5 bet, shove and call. King comes on the flop. 
    Posted by bongo69
    firstly id like to say the highlighted hand was me, and if the roles were reversed im pretty sure you would of made the same call, but regardless of that hand your whole post is based on tilt, you would no doubt of been on the other end the beats plenty of times to, but we dont get a post saying "im overjoyed at going in behind and winning to often", your a good enough and regular enough player to know these runs are going to happen from time to time, take a break come back tomorow and carry on taking my money, normal service resumed.

• edited February 2015
    Next DYM back...four handed, chip leader in SB in an unopened pot min raises to 300, I shove 2300, and he calls. He's got A4 suited, I've got A10 off. My equity in the hand increases on the flop and on the turn. The river comes a four. Another instance of getting your chips in good and getting fcuked over by a 7% river (assuming the other four folded cards didnt include a four)  Come on Sky, play fair.
    Posted by bongo69
    What are you shoving over 15bb with A10o for in a DYM?
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: time to quit : Do you expect your AT to win 100% of the time? And never to get outdrawn on the river? Cause if so, you're playing the wrong game my friend :)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Of course not, dont be daft. But A10 up against A4, with no straight or flush draws and only the river to come, I expect to win in this spot more often than I lose (with 90-odd per cent equity in that spot). 

Besides, I was highlighting that hand as another instance on a day with around a dozen or more spots where I had upwards of 85% equity on the flop and lost the hand. And always on significant hands, ones with big pots or on the bubble to cash to leave me short stacked or even out. 

And although I take RLT's point that you remember bad beats more readily than when you suck out on someone else. But I can assure you that I havent sucked out anything like the number of times I've been on the wrong end of it this weekend. Not even close. 

Of course RLT, all the money was going in pre...kings against aces, that hand plays itself every time. And I can assure you I'm fully conversant with the idea of variance. But so, so many seriously improbable bad beats, and not just those suffered by me, but many, many, many others suffered by other players. 

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: time to quit : Of course not, dont be daft. But A10 up against A4, with no straight or flush draws and only the river to come, I expect to win in this spot more often than I lose (with 90-odd per cent equity in that spot).  Besides, I was highlighting that hand as another instance on a day with around a dozen or more spots where I had upwards of 85% equity on the flop and lost the hand. And always on significant hands, ones with big pots or on the bubble to cash to leave me short stacked or even out.  And although I take RLT's point that you remember bad beats more readily than when you suck out on someone else. But I can assure you that I havent sucked out anything like the number of times I've been on the wrong end of it this weekend. Not even close.  Of course RLT, all the money was going in pre...kings against aces, that hand plays itself every time. And I can assure you I'm fully conversant with the idea of variance. But so, so many seriously improbable bad beats, and not just those suffered by me, but many, many, many others suffered by other players. 
    Posted by bongo69

I can understand why your angry if you've taken alot of bad beats, but in reference to the highlighted comments i know your a good player. so knowing that lets assume you get the money all in while ahead around 80-85% of the time as an estimate and you go in behind the other 15-20%

so naturally if your going in ahead 4 times more than your going in behind, your going to recieve 4 times as many bad beats as you dish out.

well thats how i try and look at it anyway, still doesnt stop it being annoying though.

i wonder if people (myself included) should look at these suckouts in a positive way, after all the more times you recieve them the better your decision making was up to that point to get the money in good. hmm thats my new outlook.  bring on the bad beats!!

• edited February 2015
    In Response to time to quit:
    Finally had enough of being trounced in every game.  May not be a fantastic player but even I can tell its time to go when you cant win a hand even when being dealt top cards 10 times in a row and lost every one.  Rubbish cards being played by others and winning and no one should win almost every hand but it keeps happening.  
    Posted by Polgara777
    i always like a positive first time poster, welcome to the forums, i hope you enjoy your stay here...
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: time to quit : What are you shoving over 15bb with A10o for in a DYM?
    Posted by Matt237
    A few reasons...he'd been min raising light, especially in unopened pots; and I was expecting him to fold; and I put myself ahead of his range if he did call. Plus I was tilted from a weekend of getting it in the 'arris. Turns out I had him crushed pre and before the river he had single digit equity in the hand. 

Besides...you think a 15BB shove is that odd, when your read is you're way ahead, on a site where people shove 30, 40 or 50BB on a daily basis, seemingly without considering the betting patterns of the player(s) they're shoving against? Give over. 

Aaaanyway, as RLT suggests, maybe it's time to give Sky a rest for a bit. I think I'll dust off my Pokerstars account and play over there for a while. 
  • edited February 2015
    in my last 2 live tournaments i have hit a 1 outer on the river, to double up, it happens, you should  be loving the call, in the long term you will win more than you lose,

this is live, it not rigged anything can happen, same goes online, 10 hands  is not a big enough sample to go on,

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: time to quit : A few reasons...he'd been min raising light, especially in unopened pots; and I was expecting him to fold; and I put myself ahead of his range if he did call. Plus I was tilted from a weekend of getting it in the 'arris. Turns out I had him crushed pre and before the river he had single digit equity in the hand.  Besides...you think a 15BB shove is that odd, when your read is you're way ahead, on a site where people shove 30, 40 or 50BB on a daily basis, seemingly without considering the betting patterns of the player(s) they're shoving against? Give over.  Aaaanyway, as RLT suggests, maybe it's time to give Sky a rest for a bit. I think I'll dust off my Pokerstars account and play over there for a while. 
    Posted by bongo69
    Yep, A10 always beats A4 on that site. In fact, every hand holds over there.

See ya.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: time to quit : A few reasons...he'd been min raising light, especially in unopened pots; and I was expecting him to fold; and I put myself ahead of his range if he did call. Plus I was tilted from a weekend of getting it in the 'arris. Turns out I had him crushed pre and before the river he had single digit equity in the hand.  Besides...you think a 15BB shove is that odd, when your read is you're way ahead, on a site where people shove 30, 40 or 50BB on a daily basis, seemingly without considering the betting patterns of the player(s) they're shoving against? Give over.  Aaaanyway, as RLT suggests, maybe it's time to give Sky a rest for a bit. I think I'll dust off my Pokerstars account and play over there for a while. 
    Posted by bongo69
    It's a DYM. Give over.
  • edited February 2015
    9 times out of 10 i fold A10 in a dym probably abit to tight :/
  • edited February 2015
    I take it all back. I sucked out twice tonight. Twice! Count 'em! Including a runner runner with a dominated hand. OK, I'm owed a few more, but, well, you know...
  • edited February 2015
    I take it all back. I sucked out twice tonight. Twice! Count 'em! Including a runner runner with a dominated hand. OK, I'm owed a few more, but, well, you know...
    Posted by bongo69
    Glsd to hear you had a better session.

So you are now OK with the RNG?

"....Something very wrong has happened to Sky's RNG......"

"....Jesus, even Zynga, that I play while taking a dump, has a better (i.e. fewer beats and unlikely run outs) RNG than Sky....."

Poker is an absolutely amazing game, & does not need spicing up or jiggery-pokery from RNG's tro make it fun, exciting, & most of all, unpredictable.

It;s how popker works, Live & Online, always has, & always will. 

If you want to play poker, then buckle up & embrace the variance - BOTH sides of it. Poker without variance is like Fray Bentos Steak & Kidney pudding without Bisto Gravy Granules.    
  • edited February 2015
    I find I have to agree. Something very wrong has happened to Sky's RNG.  Last two DYMs for example...first game blinds are 10/20, I'm in small blind with AK suited. It's folded around to me and I 3x and the BB, who is short stacked with just 160, shoves with A3 off. I call and the turn and river come runner runner to give him a straight. Two hands later I've got aces and BB has kings. Cue 3 bet, 4 bet, 5 bet, shove and call. King comes on the flop.  Next game, second hand, four players to the flop, three of whom called a 4x pre flop raise from the cut off. I've got A8 clubs and flop comes K,J,10 with two clubs. I'm second to act and call the lead out bet of 80 from the BB. Turn comes 5 clubs. BB leads out for 560 into a pot of 640. I flat with the nuts and the players in the UTG+1 and cut off fold. River comes another 5 diamonds and BB shoves. I call and he turns over K 5 off for his house.  Disregarding the donk call pre flop by the BB, that's some highly improbable (9% assuming none of the other eight hole cards included a king or five) Had aces cracked twice today, kings cracked by 10s (with a 10 on the river), been sucked out by dominated hands hitting runner runner another three or four times too. Seems to be set up after set up. And anyone who comes with comments like "that's poker" or that old cobblers about you play more hands online so you see more bad beats, ignores the fact that I've lost about a dozen or more hands today where I had 85%+ equity before the turn or river.  Jesus, even Zynga, that I play while taking a dump, has a better (i.e. fewer beats and unlikely run outs) RNG than Sky. 
    Posted by bongo69
    Some posts never change, eh?

I've been playing a lot of live poker lately, and you see crazy stuff in the flesh as well - trust me on that. On Sunday I was knocked out of a tournament by a guy who called my all-in on the flop. K 2 Q. Two hearts. We both had flush draws - two on the board and two in our hands. I had K3. He had 94. I had top pair and was miles ahead (you can work out the maths). Turn 4. River 9. I am out.
  • edited February 2015
    I have been running so bad when it comes to flips lately. My AK vs AQ,AJ has lost too many times to even be angry about anymore accustomed to it now. After a day of bad beats I registered for a bounty hunter, made it on to the final table and woke up with KK after facing a raise pre flop I shoved and consequently got called by K10.... Brilliant. The flop came J,6,2. Then he turned a 10. And suprise suprise another 10 rocked up on the river and I bust out in 5th. Worst beat of my life. 

• edited February 2015
    I have been running so bad when it comes to flips lately. My AK vs AQ,AJ has lost too many times to even be angry about anymore accustomed to it now. After a day of bad beats I registered for a bounty hunter, made it on to the final table and woke up with KK after facing a raise pre flop I shoved and consequently got called by K10.... Brilliant. The flop came J,6,2. Then he turned a 10. And suprise suprise another 10 rocked up on the river and I bust out in 5th. Worst beat of my life
    Posted by mike420
    :) That's running pretty good.

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: time to quit : :) That's running pretty good.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    lol a pair got beat,i know it ran out bad for him but worst beat of his life,jesus