You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*** Tonight's Live Show with Jules, Karl, & Julian! ***

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
So on tonight's show, we've got a bit of a Jules sandwich! It's me, and Mr Julian Thew, with Karl Mahrenholz squidged up in the middle. We have no set structure to tonight's show at the moment, so it'll be a fun 5 hours of poker and chat with our two amazing poker pros. 

We'll be here at the usual time 7pm til midnight and one thing we definitely know is that we will be showing hands from tonight's main event, the £6,000 Turbo Open! It's only £11 to buy in so I know loads of you will be involved tonight, but don't forget satellites are running all day for you to get in for under £3. Goodluck!

As always, we'll also have some prizes/free seats to give away on the live show.. I'll confirm these later on. ALL contributions will be entered into the draw, so get your emails, posts, tweets, questions, hand id's, random chit chat in now!

And it's February. ACTUAL February. Where did January go????!!!!!! Good news is it's the month of the UKPC (21 days to go), woop! And it's also the month of LOVE (Valentines Day in 11 days time people). SO let's keep it simple tonight, answers on a postcard please:

What do you LOVE about poker?

Email: skyopen@bskyb.com
Tweet: #skypokertv
Post on the forum below.

See you later lovers! 

Jules xx

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I love the up and downs of poker Each hand/round is never the same and it keeps it Fun and fresh You also meet new people and Then make friends for life Poker brings people together 
  • edited February 2015
    Great  show so far keep it up.
    What do I love about Poker?
    I guess it's a love hate relationship, I love the up's and downs and also hate them. It's what makes poker great.
  • edited February 2015
    I love most things about poker, 

i love playing learning and of course the feeling of making a FT!!!

i love the forum and the people i meet, im now in so may groups on facebook with people ive never met sharing stories of hands and live games and of course following the big tournaments.

i love the fact that one day, even though i play small stakes most times, that one day that could be me one of these massive events, through a satalite e.g the UKPC £1,000,000 (im not though) but the possabilites are endless.

i love sitting at a table with 9 random people and let the conversation take off, the feeling of the cards snapping in my hand, the sounds of everyones chips in the room looking at the players left and the preizepool sizing up everyones stacks, 

pure and simple i just love playin, it is my favoutite hobby and passtime,

i love the fact im playing in the turbo tonight for free, from winning a seat.

and i  love skypoker, ok your software needs looked at but the forum and live shows the guests on the show and presenters are 2nd to none,

keep it up sky!

• edited February 2015
    Great stuff guys! Keep them coming in... Julian will be with us later so any questions for Mr Thew? Any questions for Karl about your game or tips for the Ukpc perhaps? 
  • edited February 2015
    I love the community on Sky Poker.

I think most people are aware now, of the charity competition that I set up at the start of the year.

Well, thanks to the fantastic Sky Poker community, £2,130 has already been pledged, to a whole host of wonderful charities.

Many thanks again for all the support with this initiative.

Cheers Graham (StayOrGo)
  • edited February 2015
    A thing I love about poker is the discussions around particular hands, other than a few instances like DYM bubble spots or late stages in MTT there is more than 1 potentially optimal way to play a hand, and different viewpoints can be equally as valid.

Also the sky poker community, lots of friendly people around and already know some friends for life. Have great support on my diary too.

Look forward to show.
  • edited February 2015
    Great Show So Far Guys!

I have always enjoyed playing sport & love the competitive element of it. However, age has meant that there are few physical pursuits for me to use my competitive spirit on so poker fits the bill perfectly. You can train to get better and play lots of different people. It is a great game to compete at & a great way to make friends.
  • edited February 2015
    love being part of a team ( go team outlaws ) great fun to rail your team mates & to have them rail you when you all go deep & make final tables in tournies
  • edited February 2015
    What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made during a poker game?
  • edited February 2015
    Hi all have a great show 

What do i live about poker 

That u dont have to be the best player to have ya day in the sun any 1 on there day can beat any 1 

as greg raymer said if u play tiger woods at golf u will lose  if u play phil taylor at darts u will lose 

but what i like is poker is a even playing field on there day amateurs can beat the best players in the world 
  • edited February 2015
    What do you LOVE most about poker?

You'll never suffer from insomnia!!

After mammoth sessions, you can sleep for days!
  • edited February 2015
    Have a  great show, the things i love about poker is that you can play any way you like and win pots regardless of hands. I also love that at the low stakes that i play, i can send somebody who maybe "normal" in real life on tilt for playing my own Any2suited cards or connectors, and beating their hand because they are to skilful and above my level of thinking! Whether they are trapping and not betting, so i can play a cheap flop!! When i then say its only a £2 tourney or don't react how they want, they go tilty?Great game.
  • edited February 2015
    I love the sitting down at a MTT with hundreds of players & putting my game against them to see how far I can actually before im knocked out. Nothing better than coming in the top 5/10% - that is the best moral boost for myself I could ask for!!
  • edited February 2015
    What do I love about Poker!? Bit like married life - it has it's ups and downs!! Can be very enjoyable in many different ways (socially / pitting your skills against others / winnings pots and doing well in tournaments) be can also be equally frustrating! And don't worry, the wife isn't watching!!

Kev
  • edited February 2015
    yes i was rubbing them lol

he was getting involved in a lot of boards and not the first time his stack was shoved so, i called it off, 

i didnt think there was much out there and snapped hime/her off, 

anyway NH!!! and good luck, 39/434 in the mini though with a head so see how that will go.
  • edited February 2015
    What do i love about poker?

When my A game is like the A TEAM and I love it when a plan comes together!

Unfortunately, so often, the poker gods love it when a plan falls apart!

memfno
  • edited February 2015
    Hi all, 

My favouraite thing about poker? Winning an MTT is without doubt the best feeling there is in poker. Its not even about the money, ive finished 2nd and 3rd etc in tournaments for more than some wins but after playing for hours and winning the whole thing its priceless!

Keep up the good work guys. 
  • edited February 2015
    What was you biggest defeat In terms of you leading By miles and then losing ?
  • edited February 2015
    If you have AA pre flop and EVERYONE at the table "6 seated" Called the Table leader all in would you call or would you fold ?
  • edited February 2015
    Do Karl &  Julian have any favourite starting hands?  i.e. hands that seem to run well for them?
    Loving the show BTW.
  • edited February 2015
    Keep your posts coming in for Julian and Karl! And of course, tell us what you LOVE most about poker?

UKPC QF satellite seats up for grabs!! 
  • edited February 2015
    Love the adrenaline rush and the complete unpredictability that gets your heart racing when you declare all-in.

In tonights main I raced into the early chip lead when my AA was all-in v JJ and 77 and it held up.

Next time I get them though I am virtually out of the tournament when AA cracked by A8 on a J88 flop.

There is always next time.

PS Tell Julian that Phoenix Nights Live was amazing and he must get the DVD when it comes out. No Clinton Baptiste but Kenny Dalgleish Snr does an amazing Britney Spears routine. Best wishes to Ted Robbins for a full and speedy recovery.
  • edited February 2015
      jackpot          
      10:03 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 604 635 265 44  
      left 78 184 12    

AKAscotty 8 130      
      LmfaoAllin 10 108      
      rspca12 19 107      
      coco3461 21 80      
      incy79 26 52      
      62crew62 27 116      
      tommy114 40 65      
      splashies 47 167      
      gemy 49 88      
      eddie80 71 99      
      EBBERDON 72 16      
      wynne1938 74 71      

• edited February 2015
    Good evening Jules, Karl and Julian.
     The thing i like about poker, is you can play some of the top players for £2.20.
    I would consider it a huge honour if yourself Jules and Karl could spare the time to play the £2,20 @2.20 deepstack.
    And would consider it a great honour if Julian could spare the time to play the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack again.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited February 2015
    Sorry for causing confusion. hadnt realised it was the "other" yoyo i had been chatting to on the forum in the reasons to be cheerful thread.

#mybad
  • edited February 2015
      jackpot          
      10:53 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 604 635 265 44  
      left 8 29 1    

rspca12 1 4      

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: *** Tonight's Live Show with Jules, Karl, & Julian! ***:
    Sorry for causing confusion. hadnt realised it was the "other" yoyo i had been chatting to on the forum in the reasons to be cheerful thread. #mybad
    Posted by Phantom66
    Haha don't worry phantom!! Easy mistake to make! Made us giggle anyway :)
  • edited February 2015
    what i love about poker is even if it is just one time, anyone can beat anyone.  i also love the social side of it its quite strange how nice most people are when ur trying to win their money :)

i have a question for karl and julian but its DYM specfic,

if your big stack on the bubble with 4.5k and the other 3 players are sat with around 2.5k you UTg and pick up a medium pocket pair 6's - 9's with blinds at 150/300 or higher. whats your play here? im lways inbetween just folding and letting the other 3 fightit out, or open shoving and taking advantage of the bubble, but generally i choose to fold, is this a leak in my game?
  • edited February 2015
    hi guys ty for shout out on show was in  1st place on ft with 6 left double avg lost 3 all ins and got short. sigh on to next one. 
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Richard and TK, Don't know why my tablet isn't showing tonights thread so probably talking to myself.  ANYWAY, whilst I agree with the idiots joining tournaments for women and seniors, I'd be interested in TK's view of Anika Sorenstam playing in a PGA event against the men. Does he share VJ Singhs view? (i.e he withdrew).

(your the man shout) after 1st tee shot did amuse me.