You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is there a rational explanation?

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I was playing in a DYM this evening and was lying second with 4 remaining when these 3 hands occurred consecutively. Shortly afterwards I was eliminated in 4th place (whilst in online chat with Sky Support reporting the behaviour I was seeing). Can anyone explain why these hands would be played the way they were apart from the obvious?
eagull158 Small blind   300.00 300.00 645.00
Villain1
Big blind   600.00 900.00 6507.50
  Your hole cards

Villain2
Fold        
Villain3
All-in   630.00 1530.00 0.00
Seagull158 Fold        
Villain1
Fold        
Villain3
Muck        
Villain3
Win   1530.00   1530.00

Villain1
Small blind   300.00 300.00 6207.50
Villain2
Big blind   600.00 900.00 2717.50
  Your hole cards

Villain3
Fold        
Seagull158 Fold        
Villain1
Call   300.00 1200.00 5907.50
Villain2
Raise   600.00 1800.00 2117.50
Villain1
Call   600.00 2400.00 5307.50
Flop

• A
  • Q

Villain1
Check        
Villain2
Bet   1800.00 4200.00 317.50
Villain1
Fold        
Villain2
Muck        
Villain2
Win   4200.00   4517.50

Villain2
Small blind   300.00 300.00 4217.50
Villain3
Big blind   600.00 900.00 930.00
  Your hole cards

Seagull158 Fold        
Villain1
Fold        
Villain2
Raise   900.00 1800.00 3317.50
Villain3
Call   600.00 2400.00 330.00
Flop

Villain2
Fold        
Villain3
Muck        
Villain3
Win   2400.00   2730.00

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I dont understand 'seagull'   If you've passed each time, how you were  eliminated .. However 

The first hand looks like a short stack  going allin which happens, although most players (villain 1) would call for only another 30 as he's in the BB already and that does seem strange ??

The 2nd hand and 3 rd hand ..  well I can only assume as the Blinds were  so high ,  if a 'villain' is betting they wouldn't be messing they'd bet   all- in  ..  so the   bet    call   check  fold  looks a bit  strange ...

Very strange  ... a case   for Mulder  and Scully  me thinks !!!

• edited January 2010
    looks naughty... what have sky said about it?
  • edited January 2010
    Seagull .......  

SkyMod1  will sort this out .. he has nothing better  to  do than send me stupid P M's    *sigh*
  • edited January 2010
    lol benny you really do get a hard time
  • edited January 2010
    I have wondered about dym's. Occasionally the person with the most chips who doesnt even have to play another hand (if he didnt want to) and has played a very good game just  gives his chips away like a proper fish with bad play and cards, and the same three people do this thruogh the game so that they have 3000 or so each.

Sometimes i start asking them if they are mates or married but they seldom respond lol.

Its like they are using free minutes to talk to each other on their mobiles. Could be done i suppose, i could do it myself but even i dont really believe it and it still doesnt guarantee them all a win, but two out of three players would turn over a profit.

I dont loose because of it or am  ranting about it, but i have thought that players are 'chip sharing' on many an occasion.

• edited January 2010
    report them then. only way to stamp it out. and its lose not loose
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Is there a rational explanation?:
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Yea  airwalker, and dont post another post till you can get the spelling right !!!......lmao
  • edited January 2010
    Very often when I am the big stack with 5000+ chips, I don't have to play another hand to cash, but I would call for another 30 chips in example 1, just to try to knock out the 4th player.
    Example 3 does look very strange when a check is available.
    As you have reported this to the Mods, I am sure it will get sorted.
  • edited January 2010
    1st hand villain 1 needs 30 to call into a 1530 pot, with  5907.50 chips, give the benefit of the doubt, may have folded to raise without thinking?? 2nd hand i cant see a problem?? 3rd hand is well dodgy folding without any action, meybe something in it, maybe not, sky would have to go back and look at game histories etc for more proof than this i think to conclude collusion, my advice is dont play these guys again if you feel cheated!!
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. I reported it to Sky through live chat while it was in progress because 1. Vilains 2 and 3 had similar names and came from the same small town, 2. I challenged them in the chat box and they admitted they were colluding but then denied it when i said I was reporting them, 3. I was suspicious right at the start because of the names and town and I noticed that whenever villain 2 bet villain 3 folded. What really surprised me was when Villain 1 folded the allin when he only needed 30 to call to put Villain 2 out and cash.
  • edited January 2010
    this is exactly the same as what happened... same place they were from etc, similiar play... sky sorted it all for me :)
  • edited January 2010
    Leave it to Sky to sort out mate. The 1st hand is absolutely unreal, never seen anything like it, fold for 30 chips?!?
  • edited January 2010
    Sounds like collusion 2 me pal, sky will sort it though
  • edited January 2010

1st one looks bad but they could have just seen the all in and not taken notice of the chip stack or due to laggy connection it may not have given them option to call (happened to me a milion and one times) and would not show as disconected.

Hand 2 doesn't look too bad. He calls from SB to see flop. Is raised by BB, calls again to see flop then the original raiser fires a big bet with A & Q on board and the limp caller folds??? it may not be great play but i don't see anything untoward in that.

Hand 3 does look odd but i have passed my option to check before and folded. When i first started playing if i had a hand that i thought may get me into trouble if it hit on later streets i used to fold it sometimes

• edited January 2010
    Hand 1 he could have had auto 'check/fold' ticked.
    Does look dodgy though
  • edited January 2010
    i agree that individually you can explain why certain actions could have been taken, but all in a row in the same game betwee same players?
  • edited January 2010
    1st and 3rd with no additional info i agree (by xtra info i mean if the timer ran down, if it was insta folded, or if the timer went to half way and fold was then a concious decision by the player).

I realy don't see anything wrong with 2nd hand, especially as this may be at £1 or £2 DYM stakes so the standard of play isn't great. (i know that's the OP's usual stakes so i presume that's what we are talking about)

The probability of collusion to make a profit with the rake at 10 - 15% is not high as there are better levels to do this at and better ways. I see no profit in this if it is collusion but i've said that on here and got shot down before as "Profit" isn't the point...... it's the principal of it lol

On a serious note, if i was going to bother cheating then it would have to be worth my while as i would be risking my account and losing any fun to be had from the game i was playing

EDIT:
    I would not consider cheating even if it were worth my while. But i imagine those that do would do it at a stake worth winning at.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Is there a rational explanation?:
    Posted by BlackFish3
    LOL cheers for the correction.

Hard to prove i suppose but just looks a bit dodgy sometimes.