You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

question for cash grinders...

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
As an MTT player i know that I have more losing days than winning days but (hopefully) the winning days for out-weigh all the losing ones.. But when playing cash what would a winning player see as a successful win rate?? 5 out of 7 days maybe? and  what would be seen as a good average win rate? 1/2 buy in per hour etc??

im just looking to start recording some small/mid stake cash sessions and just want to see what kind of rate would be seen as something to aim for.

any input would be appreciated

Comments

• edited February 2015
    It all depends on the stakes/how good you are...

If I grinded 4NL everyday I'd expect probably 80%+ of sessions to be profitable.
    If I grind 50NL everyday, I'd expect it to be closer to maybe 60%.

Also, your winrates are pretty far out. If you were completely destroying a level you'd be very happy with a winrate of 10xbb/hour (big blinds)

It's like all poker really, ignorance is bliss :D once you learn about reasonable winrates it all sounds a bit meh. Like winning turbo Tuesday is great for £1500 or whatever, but when you realise actually your ROI in MTTs is only gonna be like 20-30% max usually so that equates to winning £2-3 everytime you play, it's less exciting. DYMs, you can absolutely crush with 10% ROI but at £5 games that's only 55p per 30 minute game. Cash at any reasonable level these days 5xbb/hour is vv good so at 50NL £2.50 per hour.

And no offence but you aint gonna come in as a non cash player and get anywhere near 5bb/hour at 50NL, it's very hard.

All these things are longterm though. Like I expect to win 60% of sessions ish but you'll have weeks where you win 0 sessions and weeks where you play 5 sessions and win 5/5. Same for winrates, that's a long term, but in reality at 50NL, you've gonna have plus and minus £200+ sessions pretty regular.