You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

russian roulette

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi TK, erm, just an innocent question, really!
On sky poker you advertise russian roulette,, im not sure this is even poker is it?
A man of your standing in poker is advertising bingo!!
Do you have a say in which games you promote?
You know i dont post controversially but just wanted to find an answer to something that
has started to question my understanding of poker.
Many regards
Major
p.s. ,, never mind,, lol

Comments

• edited January 2010
    sorry, i thought i posted this on "ask tikay"
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: russian roulette:
    sorry, i thought i posted this on "ask tikay"
    Posted by major1962
    I think russian roulette is a bit of a change and a blast every now and then. I have played it a few times and lost but it really gets your adrenaline going, especially when forced to go all in with others who also don't want to. Everyone watches as the 'bingo' flop, turn and river are dealt and you literally are living on a prayer and end up laughing whatever the outcome, but not loosing much if knocked out.

I was in the good position of being 2  or 3 bb ahead not long ago after being all in a few times with bad and good hole cards and winning every time. Ended up 3rd or something and got 4 quid or so. Fantastic feeling, i was elated after spending a few minutes completely on edge.

99% a lottery but Good fun, better than sticking 50p in a bandit or on red or boring stuff like that.

Should Sky promote it? Perhaps so, but it would be more realistic if they used words such as 'try your luck'  or something. Have some 20p ones where players really wont care at all and can just play it for a laugh.
  • edited January 2010
    major sort it out, lol sorry didnt reply been away for a couple of months and just got back on here now and had a message off u was gonna reply after i looked on threads and 1st 1 was off u lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: russian roulette : I think russian roulette is a bit of a change and a blast every now and then. I have played it a few times and lost but it really gets your adrenaline going, especially when forced to go all in with others who also don't want to. Everyone watches as the 'bingo' flop, turn and river are dealt and you literally are living on a prayer and end up laughing whatever the outcome, but not loosing much if knocked out. I was in the good position of being 2  or 3 bb ahead not long ago after being all in a few times with bad and good hole cards and winning every time. Ended up 3rd or something and got 4 quid or so. Fantastic feeling, i was elated after spending a few minutes completely on edge. 99% a lottery but Good fun, better than sticking 50p in a bandit or on red or boring stuff like that. Should Sky promote it? Perhaps so, but it would be more realistic if they used words such as 'try your luck'  or something. Have some 20p ones where players really wont care at all and can just play it for a laugh.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    I think you've read this wrong, they have roulette games where everyone has 500 chips with 5 minute blinds, i think thats what your refering to in your reply however they also have russian roulette games that are HU and 1 hand only, both all in no choice, some people play these for up to £50 lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: russian roulette : I think you've read this wrong, they have roulette games where everyone has 500 chips with 5 minute blinds, i think thats what your refering to in your reply however they also have russian roulette games that are HU and 1 hand only, both all in no choice, some people play these for up to £50 lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    LOL  your right. Thanks for pointing that out. Rather play the game that i was on about rather than the one that your on about.

50 quid, 1 hand BLIMEY not on your nelly.