You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sharkscope

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I went on there to see how myself and my girlfriend, msnaughty have done in the last few months and wow!
I knew we were in profit but couldnt believe how well weve done.
I typed in a couple more players to see how we compared (wont embarrass them by mentioning them) but we are doing better % wise than a few of the "better" players. :)
So, my post earlier this week is a bit of a "feeling sorry for myself".
Do many others look at their statistics on there,, and,, is it a good way to check on your form? or do you already know how your doing by your bank?

p.s, started the week with £11 and played in loads of mtt & stt's and still have £12.04 left.
A weeks entertainment for a £1 profit cant be bad can it?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to sharkscope:
    I went on there to see how myself and my girlfriend, msnaughty have done in the last few months and wow! I knew we were in profit but couldnt believe how well weve done. I typed in a couple more players to see how we compared (wont embarrass them by mentioning them) but we are doing better % wise than a few of the "better" players. :) So, my post earlier this week is a bit of a "feeling sorry for myself". Do many others look at their statistics on there,, and,, is it a good way to check on your form? or do you already know how your doing by your bank? p.s, started the week with £11 and played in loads of mtt & stt's and still have £12.04 left. A weeks entertainment for a £1 profit cant be bad can it?
    Posted by major1962
    Hello Major,
                     You sound pretty much in the same boat as us poker-wise.
    Just wanted to check out my own percentages etc, but don`t know how to find or access "sharkscope" any help would be appreciated.
  • edited January 2010

well done to you and yours ,

yep great fun for little money,

both in forum and in poker tables ,

and yep i do keep track of my games on skarkscope,

keeps me focused.

over and out roborover !

• edited January 2010
    google "sharkscope" then follow instructions.
    I dont remember how i got %'s but it was pretty easy once i got on there.
    Getting old now so my memory is pretty bad :)
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks for that, just found it and have concluded that I am naff at poker.
    It says -20% out of 1800 or so games. 
    Thank the Lord I have a day job........
  • edited January 2010

Still cant believe that I was searching this site for hours trying to find it

• edited January 2010
    In all seriousness though MAJOR or IRISHROVER, have just found my stats but don`t understand them 100% except the profit/loss bit.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: sharkscope:
    Still cant believe that I was searching this site for hours trying to find it
    Posted by emilyegg
    Coincidence isnt it ?
    Well, from your other post, you may see where you are going wrong by checking sharkscope more often?

good luck in the future
  • edited January 2010
    Thats quality, have just looked on it again and realised that you can get it in detail (graphs etc)
    after looking at these graphs I would appreciate it if I could be addressed as the artist formally known as emilyegg from now on ;,)
  • edited January 2010
    In all seriousness though MAJOR or IRISHROVER, have just found my stats but don`t understand them 100% except the profit/loss bit.
    Posted by emilyegg

you want me to  post,

and explain the info on here for you ?
  • edited January 2010

Thanks to you all, what an eyeopener.

• edited January 2010
    worked it out now IRISHROVER. Thanks Again.
  • edited January 2010
    worked it out now IRISHROVER. Thanks Again.
    Posted by emilyegg
    no probs .
  • edited January 2010
    Quality Posters and Advice on these threads. Have never taken the game too seriously and enjoy playing on here.
    I only play on small stake mtt`s/stt`s. After some sound advice on many threads and the eyeopener that is sharkscope I am going to try and keep a closer eye on the bankroll, maybe play a bit-tighter, try some dym`s (if I can learn to be a bit more patient) rather than just joining in games of bingo with others and calling anything that moves.

Definately going to try and put all the good advice received to good use. Would like to get a better knowledge and understanding of the game, hopefully becoming a better player in the process without losing any enjoyment.

The new me starts NOW.....so watch out (not)
  • edited January 2010
    Quality Posters and Advice on these threads. Have never taken the game too seriously and enjoy playing on here. I only play on small stake mtt`s/stt`s. After some sound advice on many threads and the eyeopener that is sharkscope I am going to try and keep a closer eye on the bankroll, maybe play a bit-tighter, try some dym`s (if I can learn to be a bit more patient) rather than just joining in games of bingo with others and calling anything that moves. Definately going to try and put all the good advice received to good use. Would like to get a better knowledge and understanding of the game, hopefully becoming a better player in the process without losing any enjoyment. The new me starts NOW.....so watch out (not)
    Posted by emilyegg
    gl with that,

tell me when its safe to go back in to the water !!!!!!!!!

lol
  • edited January 2010
    are the £ converted into $ or is it equal to a pound POTTSY82           1,144 $0   $1   -10% -$282   - 55 Sky Poker   to be honest I thought I was more down than that lol was putting money on for fun when I first started. playing £11 games with £20 in my account.  stick well within my BR now, lesson learned
    Posted by POTTSY82
    Can see what you are saying there POTTSY. You have obviously tried to change it and be more aware.
    Have you seen much of a difference since you did?
  • edited January 2010
    Its safe now IRISHROVER, I`m off to watch RoadWars in a minute.
  • edited January 2010
    Just heard about this the other day, dont get it tho...  Say profit is - [minus]  ? But cant be - , as I havnt loaded cash on here yet.  [so cant be at a loss] Joined Oct, played cash 2/4 with £2 bonus, got up to about £9, came 2/3rd in a freeroll winning £20. been up n down over the 2month, and went down to 19p this week, but worked at it over the weekend on DYMs headsup n cash getting back up to £11.
    Posted by SDodger
    1. Sharkscope does not track cash games.
    2. Sharkscope does not account "properly" for tournaments where you have gained free entry or satellited in.
    3. Sharkscope doesn't know anything about bonuses or free offers that you have received.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: sharkscope : 1. Sharkscope does not track cash games. 2. Sharkscope does not account "properly" for tournaments where you have gained free entry or satellited in. 3. Sharkscope doesn't know anything about bonuses or free offers that you have received.
    Posted by MereNovice
    cheers mere, nice one...

didnt think my post posted,  gave me a msg about nobes??? and didnt see it on thread after.. still dont see it now only on ur post??

anyway cheers.
  • edited January 2010
    All id say is make sure the games you play are covered by sharkscope, there are a number of tournaments that arent recorded, as well as cash games.

So be aware if you spew money on the cash tables sharkscope wont pick it up and you may be lulled into a false sense of success, or vice versa if you own the cash!
  • edited January 2010
    what i like about sharscope is you can see what type of tournys you are most profitable on( with some help from certain people) ie have an roi of + 50% on £5 mtts and -50% on tournys with a buy in of £25. not hard to see what games i have been sticking to this year.   phil

• edited January 2010
    All id say is make sure the games you play are covered by sharkscope, there are a number of tournaments that arent recorded, as well as cash games. So be aware if you spew money on the cash tables sharkscope wont pick it up and you may be lulled into a false sense of success, or vice versa if you own the cash!
    Posted by dantb10
    Hey dan, the £1k deepstack is covered now, looked at my graph today and it had shot up after my win last night... It may of put me top 3 for MTTs on sky as well by the time it updates :-)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to sharkscope:
    I went on there to see how myself and my girlfriend, msnaughty have done in the last few months and wow! I knew we were in profit but couldnt believe how well weve done. I typed in a couple more players to see how we compared (wont embarrass them by mentioning them) but we are doing better % wise than a few of the "better" players. :) So, my post earlier this week is a bit of a "feeling sorry for myself". Do many others look at their statistics on there,, and,, is it a good way to check on your form? or do you already know how your doing by your bank? p.s, started the week with £11 and played in loads of mtt & stt's and still have £12.04 left. A weeks entertainment for a £1 profit cant be bad can it?
    Posted by major1962

Been on sharkscope for about a year....i think it interferes with your game.  I find myself constantly checking my stats.