You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Up Your Game" & Priority (10,000 points)

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi,

Would it be possible for someone at Sky to clarify/confirm the following please:

If I were to earn 9,999 poker points playing solely DYMs during "double points" weekends, I would earn £199.98 "Sky Poker Rewards"

If I were to earn 10,000 poker points playing solely DYMs during "double points" weekends I would earn £100 "Sky Poker Rewards" (20% priority rakeback)

So at the end of the month I might effectively have the choice of £100 extra cash bonus or priority benefits but not both, is that right?

This is just to clarify, I have no problem at all with that situation, I think this is an amazing promotion put on by Sky. I just think the players that, like myself, intend to end on around 10,000 points and play the vast majority during "double points" boosts ought to be aware.

Cheers
JC

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I would also love clarification on this
  • edited February 2015
    You should geta  minimum of £200, so 10k should = £200. 11k, you'd still be on £200.

iirc, minimum for 10k = £200
  • edited February 2015
    I think your wrong with the 9,999 points being just shy of 200.

You earn double points but your raked on only half of it so the widget is effectively lying when it says you should get 198 pound. You should get half of it. 

Double points just helps you get into priority quicker or move up to the next % boost, that's the only benefit as far as I know so just play normal I'd say.
  • edited February 2015
    Ben, have you heard anything about your UKPC seat?
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: "Up Your Game" & Priority (10,000 points):
    I think your wrong with the 9,999 points being just shy of 200. You earn double points but your raked on only half of it so the widget is effectively lying when it says you should get 198 pound. You should get half of it.  Double points just helps you get into priority quicker or move up to the next % boost, that's the only benefit as far as I know so just play normal I'd say.
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Hi mate.

This is from the promo page: Use these double points days to earn those Poker Points even quicker. PLUS all Poker Points earned count towards your Sky Poker Rewards bonus as usual! So the more you play, the more you learn, the more you earn!

And Sky Poker Rewards up to 10k points are expressed as a fixed sum, not % rake back, so I still think it reads how I suggested. Hopefully someone can clear up for sure though, cheers.
  • edited February 2015
    I don't think the c4p you recieve will drop if you go over 10k points.
  • edited February 2015
    before 10k you will recieve the figure it is showing on the cash rewards section. Im not sure of how much you would get over 10k points but I cant imagine it to be less than £200
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to "Up Your Game" & Priority (10,000 points):
    Hi, Would it be possible for someone at Sky to clarify/confirm the following please: If I were to earn 9,999 poker points playing solely DYMs during "double points" weekends, I would earn £199.98 "Sky Poker Rewards" If I were to earn 10,000 poker points playing solely DYMs during "double points" weekends I would earn £100 "Sky Poker Rewards" (20% priority rakeback) So at the end of the month I might effectively have the choice of £100 extra cash bonus or priority benefits but not both, is that right? This is just to clarify, I have no problem at all with that situation, I think this is an amazing promotion put on by Sky. I just think the players that, like myself, intend to end on around 10,000 points and play the vast majority during "double points" boosts ought to be aware. Cheers JC
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Am I missing something here, Would'nt 20% still be £200.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to "Up Your Game" & Priority (10,000 points) : Am I missing something here, Would'nt 20% still be £200.
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    20% of what, I think is the question?

If JohnConnor exclusivley earned all his C4P on double points weekend?! Then would he have paid £1000 in rake to get his £200 at 20%?

What if JC only pays £800 in rake? Then does he only get £160 as supposed to the £199 he would get for stopping on 9999 points?

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: "Up Your Game" & Priority (10,000 points) : 20% of what, I think is the question? If JohnConnor exclusivley earned all his C4P on double points weekend?! Then would he have paid £1000 in rake to get his £200 at 20%?
    Posted by yuranASSet
    Ah I see what you mean.
    So is priority paid on rake rather than points earned then?
  • edited February 2015
    Yeh, paid on rake.

Would we be right to assume though that to have made 10,000 points, then what we get on a normal month without double points, is less than half of what we would make in rake? That would need to be the case for JC not to lose any money on a double points month. The standard would need to be, lets say 9% rakeback for 9999 points until we hit 10,000. 
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: "Up Your Game" & Priority (10,000 points) : 20% of what, I think is the question? If JohnConnor exclusivley earned all his C4P on double points weekend?! Then would he have paid £1000 in rake to get his £200 at 20%? What if JC only pays £800 in rake? Then does he only get £160 as supposed to the £199 he would get for stopping on 9999 points?
    Posted by yuranASSet
    If I earn 10,000 points exclusively during double points boosts then I will have paid only £500 rake (it would be £1000 during normal times). 
  • edited February 2015
    Saw you on the tele last night JC! Nice haircut :D
  • edited February 2015
    If you get 10,000 points in sngs this weekend alone yes you pay 500 in rake and get 20% on that figure, not the £200 the widget will say. That's what I was trying to say.

It's only beneficial if you reach the next tier increase for example.

You normally earn 15000 points or pay 1500 in rake you would get 20% on 1500 return.
    Double points you now pay 1500 in rake but earn say 25000 as it's not all double points which puts you in the 25% tier, you would now just get 25% on the 1500 rake paid. 
  • edited February 2015
    If you get 10,000 points in sngs this weekend alone yes you pay 500 in rake and get 20% on that figure, not the £200 the widget will say. That's what I was trying to say. It's only beneficial if you reach the next tier increase for example. You normally earn 15000 points or pay 1500 in rake you would get 20% on 1500 return. Double points you now pay 1500 in rake but earn say 25000 as it's not all double points which puts you in the 25% tier, you would now just get 25% on the 1500 rake paid. 
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Exactly, which is £100. But if I stop on 9999 points I will get £199.98 (according to the widget). Can somebody from Sky clear this up please, would be helpful to know. Thanks.
  • edited February 2015
    Hi all,

We guarantee that no one is worse off by earning 10,000 points and hitting Priority by paying a minimum of 2p per point. However, you will still receive rakeback, if it’s more than 2p per point. This means you can have the best of both worlds!

Cheers,
    JP.

• edited February 2015
    Hi all, We guarantee that no one is worse off by earning 10,000 points and hitting Priority by paying a minimum of 2p per point. However, you will still receive rakeback, if it’s more than 2p per point. This means you can have the best of both worlds! Cheers, JP.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Ah, fantastic. Thank you for that JP. 
  • edited February 2015
    Hi all, We guarantee that no one is worse off by earning 10,000 points and hitting Priority by paying a minimum of 2p per point. However, you will still receive rakeback, if it’s more than 2p per point. This means you can have the best of both worlds! Cheers, JP.
    Posted by Sky_JP

Good Stuff!
  • edited February 2015
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Nice one, Glad you got the right answer JohnConnor.
  • edited February 2015
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Fantastic JP, thank you.