You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker points and Freerolls.

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
I like and appreciate all the freerolls that sky offer !!.......but if you dont play everyday and can only play a freeroll if you have earned 3/5/10 poker points to enter a freeroll in the previous 24 hours , it can be annoying if i have earned 150 points on a saturday and sunday but i come home from work on a tuesday and cant enter a freeroll ! But i would be quite happy to over pay the free points buy in. So say for example the recent ukpc freerolls were 10 points to enter earned over the last 24 hours, i would be happy to pay 100 points to enter the tournament at a higher rate because i may not have played for a few days.Even though obviously sky would have received rake from £100 for me to take part in this freeroll. Any opinions on this would be appreciated.

Cheers Dave.

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Like the idea. 

But I liked it when the free roles were points based regardless of previous 24 hours. The more people in them the better for sky as loads of people rebuy (madness) 
  • edited February 2015
    A very good idea!
  • edited February 2015
    Wheres the "like" button.  
    I'd gladly payextra, anything to get use em up. Currrently on circa 40k pp's
  • edited February 2015
    I love the 3\5 points in last 24 hours it's very good no need to change it
  • edited February 2015

As a nitty player, yeah getting into freerolls from historic play rather than last 24 hours play would be a bonus (more attempts to bink £48 cashes lol).

But from Sky's point of view, why would they want to change the current set-up?  You have to pay what, £1 of rake (a bit more if a cash player) to get yourself into a freeroll (where you may or may not buy some extra 50p add-ons)... the whole point is to get recreational players to put a little bit more into the site with the carrot of a few more freebies.

Little value pumping money into truly 'free' rolls unless they find a way to generate extra paid-for poker as a result.

The historic points thing is a bit of a red-herring... but perhaps as some sort of long-term incentive points could be reset to zero once a year and then an end of year free-roll is held for different tiers of points earned to date/not used in other freerolls. IDK.