You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Super roller

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
hi guys, I do ok when play mtts, not great not poor but just ok, but my record in the super roller is abysmal.

Does any1 have any tips for me to start doing well in it and get a good score.

I mean since its been changed from the Thursday roller where I had a good record with the 5k stack and changed to super roller I have literally 1 x min cash in about 25 ish attempts.

Sooooo poor!

Comments

• edited February 2015
    i would change the clock on your pc so that it thinks it's Thursday
    gl
  • edited February 2015
    Lol hahaha

I need to do something as I have a super super super poor record in the roller and it tilts me beyond belief!
  • edited February 2015
    Well do the clock thing anyway
    just to remove the superstition part
    as for poker
    how about trying not to play a hand for the first hour. 
    watch the table very carefully but don't play.
    Then after the first break you will have a clear view of everyone's style
    still have a deep stack
    and a tight reputation - time to play 
    Alternatively sell your soul to the devil
    again

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Super roller:
    Well do the clock thing anyway just to remove the superstition part as for poker how about trying not to play a hand for the first hour.  watch the table very carefully but don't play. Then after the first break you will have a clear view of everyone's style still have a deep stack and a tight reputation - time to play  Alternatively sell your soul to the devil again
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeah I will change my clock on my laptop before I start!
    I'll also play a very tight and nitty range for the 1st hour as usually I do opposite and try and spin up a stack and end up losing half my stack in the 1st hour 
  • edited February 2015

Ignore previous results and just play your usual game. The lack of success so far can be put down to one thing; variance. 

The Roller is no different to any another deepstack tournament with a similar structure. Changing away from proven winning strategies is a form of tilt that will only reduce your chance of success.

Good luck.

• edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    Well do the clock thing anyway just to remove the superstition part as for poker how about trying not to play a hand for the first hour.  watch the table very carefully but don't play. Then after the first break you will have a clear view of everyone's style still have a deep stack and a tight reputation - time to play  Alternatively sell your soul to the devil again
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeah, pay £110 to play a tournament and then fold for 60 minutes, so much fun ;)

I think a lot of people have a tournament that they never seem to get results in (BH mains for me), but I'm sure it will come good for you sir. Just a shame yours is the most expensive MTT on the schedule ;)
  • edited February 2015
    Fold pre.
    Posted by SJspanky1
    lol, you suggesting i play a few too many hands hehe
  • edited February 2015
    Ignore previous results and just play your usual game. The lack of success so far can be put down to one thing; variance.  The Roller is no different to any another deepstack tournament with a similar structure. Changing away from proven winning strategies is a form of tilt that will only reduce your chance of success. Good luck.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Well said Gary and tyty

Looks like ill stick to a vpip of 90% lol
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Super roller : Yeah, pay £110 to play a tournament and then fold for 60 minutes, so much fun ;) I think a lot of people have a tournament that they never seem to get results in (BH mains for me), but I'm sure it will come good for you sir. Just a shame yours is the most expensive MTT on the schedule ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Cheers Harry lol, im sure it will come good for me 1 day lol
  • edited February 2015
    Maybe cut down on the Peroni & coke tonite?  ;-)))

Or increase it?
  • edited February 2015
    Maybe cut down on the Peroni & coke tonite?  ;-))) Or increase it?
    Posted by Glenelg
    lol

Deffo a decrease hehe

Tonight its yazoo milkshakes and haribos ftw
  • edited February 2015
    Ignore previous results and just play your usual game. The lack of success so far can be put down to one thing; variance.  The Roller is no different to any another deepstack tournament with a similar structure. Changing away from proven winning strategies is a form of tilt that will only reduce your chance of success. Good luck.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    possibly - but how do you know that it is the problem in this case? if that isn't the case then continuing as usual is a gteed way to lose money.
    and even if it is, maybe maca is playing a higher variance style than is appropriate for the larger buyin mtts, which is often caused by too much activity in the early levels. hence the suggestion to tighten up a little to start with.

a lot of pros sit out the early levels of live mtts so it can't be a totally stoopid idea.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Super roller : a lot of pros sit out the early levels of live mtts so it can't be a totally stoopid idea.
    Posted by GELDY
    This is an online tournament and Maca isn't a pro.

Variance isn't a problem. Having a bogey tournament is perfectly normal. I went through a year long spell of being able to win anything except £5.75 Bounty Hunters. Trying to play a style he's unfamiliar with would be an unwise decision imo.
  • edited February 2015
    Doubled to 20k in 1st hour but after 3 hours still on 20k, in the past hour i have got 20k stack in with KK V KK and AA v AA for split pots lol

At least i didnt lose lol

Everyone loves a chopped pot!!!!
  • edited February 2015
    Doubled to 20k in 1st hour but after 3 hours still on 20k, in the past hour i have got 20k stack in with KK V KK and AA v AA for split pots lol At least i didnt lose lol Everyone loves a chopped pot!!!!
    Posted by macapaca
    Patience FTW!
  • edited February 2015
    Struggling along tho as per usual in this mtt lol
  • edited February 2015
    More chance of villa staying  up this season than me cashing in this lol and more chance of villa winning the league than me ft it hehehe
  • edited February 2015
    NO CHANCE OF A CASH!!!!! lol

43/45 with 23 paid and only 10bb and like totally card dead!!

Need a spin!!!

Gl me hahahaha
  • edited February 2015
    Looks like I could well be the bubble boy!

I have grinder between 7-15bb for over 2 hours it's hard work lol and now on bubble I have 6bb with blinds going through me in 1 hand time.

Need a cooler on outer table lol
  • edited February 2015
    Scraped a min cash lol

22nd for £221
  • edited February 2015
    WD, hopefully next time a bigger cash :)
  • edited February 2015

"Scraped a min cash lol

22nd for £221"

Better than a kick in the whatsits.

Well done.
  • edited February 2015
    Like I said.. Patience FTW. 
  • edited February 2015
    "Scraped a min cash lol 22nd for £221" Better than a kick in the whatsits. Well done.
    Posted by Tikay10

Could also be arranged FOC of course ;) wd cashing mate THE CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN!!!

• edited February 2015
    Bossed my table, well done!!
  • edited February 2015
    Scraped a min cash lol 22nd for £221
    Posted by macapaca
    congrats
    did you make any changes from your usual play
    other than the extra focus that a diary exposé usually inspires? 
  • edited February 2015
    Lets hope it was your own money, eh?