You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Gary Laud's 2015 Adventures

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
Thus far in 2015, Poker-Wise I've played very little as I spend alot of my free time with my Love Interest! Although I am sometimes now playing on Monday and Wednesday.

The bulk of my hours I put in on sky at the moment I am playing cash at 4NL Level (2p/4p) which I've got very used to playing, are quite often break-even or make a small profit...Oh Yeah and the odd loss thrown in too! 

Usually I buy-in for £2, which is something although technically it's "Short-Stacking" I feel comfortable playing this way.

DYM's have fallen by the way-side but the most recent time I played them I lost one and cashed one..so I still feel as though I have the skills required and not become too rusty.

My moment of note thus far this year was playing a 30min timed MTT and I managed to not only survive but make a small 30p Profit. Though I could have doubled my buy-in but I got dealt JJ with the penultimate hand of the competition and lost a chunk of chips, to a guy who flopped top 2pr and rivered a F/Hse.

So there you have it! Perhaps a little bit of an add-on coming if I'm at home Wednesday and a Shot and the Main/Mini Rebuys? Esp as the monday mains are a little bit too out of budget for me yet...Spose I could always try and satelitte in? (perhaps through the russian roulette method?)

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Well, the last time I wrote I was considering having a shot at a wednesday Main/Mini combo. However having discussed it privately with a couple of pals I have from this very forum, I decided that this even despite being the cheapest main/mini of the week would be a little beyond what I'm prepared to BR at present.

So I ended up registering for the following:-
    FOSP deepstack for £5.50
    £100 deepstack for £1.10.

Overal I found the play in the FOSP deepstack a little better than that of the £100 version, as the blinds were slower...Also the FOSP was way more FUN

Not too many registerant's played the FOSP but I finished mid-field, with top 3 getting paid.

A MUCH brighter note was that the second saturday in four that I had played, I cashed an MTT for the second time running (IE when playing on a saturday) this time taking a WHOPPING 57p (WOW WEE!) from the £100gtd Social F/R.

However what IS encouraging is that I finished 30th place out of some 550+ Entrants.

The other evening I was needing to play a £1.15dym in terms of the "Laddering Challenge" as set by Lambert180. I played it, but sadly suffered a disconnection when I re-started my laptop for an update and found it took ages to get my mobile to load the Iphone APP.

When I did eventually get it loaded the app performance was very poor and i was low on chips and could not hold on, so back to 60p.

Played a couple today during some free time, and ended up with the situation where I was sitting with around 1.3k-1.5k in chips and the other three players around double my stack - I've yet to master how to get around this situation and as expected I bust in 4th.

Cash was an absolute b*****d today, I got a good hand in KK and the flop brought me 1pair and a K-High flush draw - 764d. Admittedly my pre-flop action was V V poor, and I should have bet, goodness knows why I didn't (I think it might have been a rushed click after hearing the ping go off and finding timer nearly zero). 

The Turn brings about 3.o.a.K for me, and I bet just over pot size and snap called. River brings about an "A"  - now bear in mind I felt at the time I had little information here that the player could potentially have a monster, with no pre-flop bet (other than a limp) and a flat call OTF, I decided to take aggressive and shoved my remaining 63p into a pot of £1.08. I got called by the villain who turns over ACES!!!!

The other hand I lost big on was myself holding Q9 and betting into a flopped 2prs when the villain flopped the nut straight. (Upon review i'm actually quite annoyed as I feel I played that hand very poor - So I'm not embarrasing myself by revealing it here).

I need to get back to reading, studying and re-watching the cash video, as clearly I'm doing lots wrong and playing like the sort of person everyone likes to play against! 

• edited February 2015
    gl gaz in 2115.its a very slow process learning to get good at this game unless your a natural,ive been here 7 years now, some good days most of the time i have bad days but the love of the game keeps me going
    keep the faith bro
  • edited March 2015
    So! what have I been upto in the last month? to be truthful, not a great deal! Several night's out on my two free night's of the week (Mond & Weds) have restricted my game-time significantly, Then a downswing here on sky lead to me staying away for a little bit and concentrating on the only other site I regularly play on (not naming it but its played in $)

Still a week ago I attempted, and made a right mess of the master-cash spin up, after not properly reading the rules, I was playing other tables and had to re-load my first table of the night after getting removed from the table during an extended "sit-out" period as I had a comfort break!

The MASSIVE positive thing was is that I actually made one of, it not my LARGEST cash table profits to-date and ended up banking around £6-£12 profit.

So then last time out, On monday I attempted it properly. I got through the first level quite well, and left the table with £10.82 having bought in for the required £5.

I purposely postponed my next level until after dinner/tea during which I played very poorly and watched my £10 buy-in drop to a measly £3.50.

The signs though are very encouraging and I'll be back on the tables from 7pm tonight to try and see if I can go one better and get to the required £25 in order to sit at 50NL.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Gary Laud's 2015 Adventures:
    The signs though are very encouraging and I'll be back on the tables from 7pm tonight to try and see if I can go one better and get to the required £25 in order to sit at 50NL.
    Posted by GaryLaud
    I've had a look into the mastcash tables tonight, and OMG, it seems volume of players taking part in these tables has collapsed!! I easily got a game the other evening - yet tonight, only ONE going at the moment for the size of table I want, so I sat down at an empty table, and nobody joined me.

So looks like my mastercash spin-up may well be on hold...re-starting??? I don't know when! which is a real pain as I'd setup my BR with an even £10 earlier today ready for tonight!

I'll either have to sit at a standard 10NL table instead with my fiver, or just stick to playing the 2p/4p tables I'm used to and see if I can get in on the action over on the don's twitch stream! 

Hmmmmm! Sounds like a plan! :D
  • edited April 2015
    So Last time I updated this thread I was just getting started on my wednesday evening session, with the plan to sit down and play some master-cash tables.. However that plan didn't go too well, as I'd found volume within this format of cash table to be very low. So I ended up playing some standard 4NL tables.

As per usual I split the session into two parts, the first began around 19:30hrs for aproximately 45mins on two tables, until it was time to leave the games and go and eat some food. This first session finished at a loss, because I had ended up on the wrong end of some bad play and got unlucky, usually when going to war vs the same opponent!!

Then after my food I Resumed my session, concluding my play on Sky around 21:45. This session was quite better. I had a quiet time of things, not getting too many hands to enter the action..however I made the most of being dealt KK's and finished with 2prs for a cool £2.90 odd pot, which meant I finished my session in profit by around £1.50!

• edited April 2015
    So after a good weekend break away in Yorkshire I returned to the tables on Monday night - first two pre-dinner tables were nothing to write home about...and I actually finished this mini session being close to down all of what I made wednesday.

However after dinner, I came back, more relaxed and started to play very well indeed and enjoyed some run-good too. from just before 10pm I was involved in two tables of action - 1x 4NL cash and a £2.20 MTT, one of those GTD Speed type ones. 

The big win of the night was when I scooped one of my biggest ever sky pots, winning just under £10 when I saw a free flop with A3c and 2 more clubs appeared on the flop...then I concluded the flush on the turn..I bet for value, and was called off and my river shove also called.

In the £200 GTD Speed, this attracted sufficient runners to find the bubble at 13th place - and I finished, somewhat frustratingly in 17th..Immediately after I busted, I noticed that there were 15 runners. So If I had just slightly more luck I would have cashed it..and there was good value there too - some £7.20 was the minimum payout!

All-told though, this was a very good session, and one I can be pretty pleased with - I effectively freerolled the £200 GTD and still finished with another £1.60 on top of Monday's profit!