You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Going up stakes

edited February 2015 in The Poker Clinic
Hi all since the start of the year i have been putting in more volume and have had some fair success in playing the same tournaments each night and adding the main and mini some evenings which I managed to final table both this week. What advice would you give for going up levels bigger buy ins and such should I take a shot or stick to what I know. Many thanks Kerrnal

Comments

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Going up stakes:
    Hi all since the start of the year i have been putting in more volume and have had some fair success in playing the same tournaments each night and adding the main and mini some evenings which I managed to final table both this week. What advice would you give for going up levels bigger buy ins and such should I take a shot or stick to what I know. Many thanks Kerrnal
    Posted by Kerrnal

Hi Kerrnal congrats with your success so far, great effort with the double final table! If you are in a financially stable situation and your bankroll can handle a small shot then I would personally go for it, just plan your shot well and make sure you are disciplined enough to move down if it doesn't work out. :) good luck and let us know how things go

• edited February 2015
    if you never want to reload then make sure you have 100 buy ins for mtts you wish to play... if you can afford to reload but would just prefer not to then id say 75 buy ins is fine.. and if you are happy to just take a shot and see how things go then 50buy ins is fine....   also you can also take shots at satting in to the big events too. but if you are outright buying in to events whcih is taking up a big % of your roll then it may be hard to play your A game especially if you get near the cash,

anyway all the best