You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas 2015

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat

The 2015 Sky Poker "Viva Las Vegas" has been announced this morning, HERE

We'll use this thread as a containment thread for the time being.

Questions, news, updates, comments, if we keep them all together here, it will be better for all.

No panic yet awhile, full details will be announced in a week or two, with qualifying to start shortly thereafter. Probably - just guessing - qualifiers will start from the beginning of March.

More details as & when, & any questions, fire away.

Comments

• edited February 2015
    So far so good
  • edited February 2015
    bang goes my idea to self exclude myself for a while

• edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    Can peeps think very carefully about the design of the sats
    we don't want another punta cana situation to spoil what should be a fantastic promo

• edited February 2015
    strange
    not only is it not my birthday
    it's a Friday the 13th
    as long as it isn't April 1st I'm good with that
  • edited February 2015

great to see this news.

there are two different packages; main and side.  it is clear that you will not receive credit for a second main event package, nor credit for a second side event package.

can you win one main package and one side package?

• edited February 2015

i hope that tikay will host the event for skypoker people.  he was definitely the missing link in punta cana for the winners, for the people back home, for the forum, for the site, for skypoker youtube etc.  he should have been the punta man.

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2015:
    strange not only is it not my birthday it's a Friday the 13th as long as it isn't April 1st I'm good with that
    Posted by GELDY
    Its mine !! :-)
  • edited February 2015
    Great News but side event expenses are not enough to cover direct flights

credited £1000 which must be used towards travel costs, including the cost of flights

Virgin is £639 for 1 person and as the package includes +1 that's not enough (source Virgin Atlantic website dates 28 June - 5th July)

I appreciate flight prices are lower for a non direct flight (via Dublin is always very reasonable)

Why not up the expenses to £1250, I don't see why the side event prize expenses are lower than the main event prize expenses when travel costs are the same.

Dave
  • edited February 2015
    Great News but side event expenses are not enough to cover direct flights credited £1000 which must be used towards travel costs, including the cost of flights Virgin is £639 for 1 person and as the package includes +1 that's not enough (source Virgin Atlantic website dates 28 June - 5th July) I appreciate flight prices are lower for a non direct flight (via Dublin is always very reasonable) Why not up the expenses to £1250, I don't see why the side event prize expenses are lower than the main event prize expenses when travel costs are the same. Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    I assume its 7 days against 10 days. Im not saying its right/enough etc but assume that's the logic.
  • edited February 2015
    I was buzzing at the news, then realised my holiday is booked in that week. Gutted. 
  • edited February 2015
    With the promo, is it going to be only sats?

Or is there going to be a promo too?

If there is a promo, if you are in "priority" will these players be excluded?
  • edited February 2015

Hi Larson 

Details on how you can win the packages will be revealed on February 26th

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited February 2015
    Can it be clarified before this date if members from priority will be excluded from any main promo?
  • edited February 2015

Love that this is back good luck all!!

• edited February 2015
    Great News but side event expenses are not enough to cover direct flights credited £1000 which must be used towards travel costs, including the cost of flights Virgin is £639 for 1 person and as the package includes +1 that's not enough (source Virgin Atlantic website dates 28 June - 5th July) I appreciate flight prices are lower for a non direct flight (via Dublin is always very reasonable) Why not up the expenses to £1250, I don't see why the side event prize expenses are lower than the main event prize expenses when travel costs are the same. Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm - those Virgin flight prices seem to be just one way when I check? 

If I check 28/6-05/07 it shows as being £639.26 outbound plus £522.50 return = £1161.76 for one person!!!   For the 10 day package of 4/7/15-14/7/15 it seems to be just £20 cheaper - £639.26 outbound and £502.50 = £1141.76 again for just one person!!!

Obviously indirect flights will be cheaper - but even indirect seem to be selling out quickly from various exit points.

Having said all that - I'll be playing a few of the sats - maybe a wing and a prayer might help lol.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2015 : Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm - those Virgin flight prices seem to be just one way when I check?  If I check 28/6-05/07 it shows as being £639.26 outbound plus £522.50 return = £1161.76 for one person!!!   For the 10 day package of 4/7/15-14/7/15 it seems to be just £20 cheaper - £639.26 outbound and £502.50 = £1141.76 again for just one person!!! Obviously indirect flights will be cheaper - but even indirect seem to be selling out quickly from various exit points. Having said all that - I'll be playing a few of the sats - maybe a wing and a prayer might help lol.
    Posted by IrishRose
    You going to need a bloody good excuse for this one Rose
  • edited February 2015
    Can it be clarified before this date if members from priority will be excluded from any main promo?
    Posted by LARSON7
    Hi

This is unlikely to be the case.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited February 2015
    Excellent excellent excellent news!

oh wait.
  • edited February 2015
    This is perfect, oh wait im not old enough, sigh.