You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited February 2015
    Tonight, the UKPC Mini Day Ones move online as follows

UKPC Main event satellites also continue on pp

Last night there were 77 entries, and an overlay, for the 5 main event seats

Pennyrolls and qualifying satellites into the $50rb at 9pm from 6pm
  • edited February 2015
    I shall be there Friday, considering making an appearance on Wednesday too.

My guess for the total entries - 2214
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........:
    Not sure of the Sky Poker aliases of too many of these...... James Miller 11 9 1012000 Anonymous 13 8 675000 Maria Demetriou 12 4 598000 Algirdas Petronis 11 2 568000 Lee Tatters 12 1 491000 Steven George 13 1 408000 Fahad Alhashash 12 6 353000 Shaun Carvill 13 5 329000 Mark Sanders 11 8 327000 David Marley 11 3 319000 Stuart Lee 11 5 284000 John Gee 13 3 268000 Anonymous 12 9 260000 Steven Knight 11 7 217000 Cheryl Simmons 13 4 127000 Joseph Clarke 12 8 123000 Ladislav Schneider 12 5 93000 I do know that "Dave Marley is "DaveyZZ" though.  Nice work Dave.   Anyone recognize any other Sky Poker regulars there?   
    Posted by Tikay10
    thats me in 6th place tikay:-)
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : thats me in 6th place tikay:-)
    Posted by lovejunky
    Oh my, well done Steven, that's a very playable Day 2 stack.

See you Sunday!
  • edited February 2015
    See Party Poker didn't play ball last night! How does it effect the expected numbers for the mini?

Must be very frustrating for DTD.
  • edited February 2015
    See Party Poker didn't play ball last night! How does it effect the expected numbers for the mini? Must be very frustrating for DTD.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    why? what happened?
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : why? what happened?
    Posted by lovejunky
    The site crashed about 10 ish last night. Caused a bit of havoc with various sats being played plus one of the online day 1s for the mini, obvs along with all the scheduled PP tournaments.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : The site crashed about 10 ish last night. Caused a bit of havoc with various sats being played plus one of the online day 1s for the mini, obvs along with all the scheduled PP tournaments.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ahh ok,cheers,i did noy know that
  • edited February 2015
    See Party Poker didn't play ball last night! How does it effect the expected numbers for the mini? Must be very frustrating for DTD.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    It was total carnage. Although I wasn't playing, I tried logging on to see what the software looked like and watch a mate, I got no joy at all..... Then just watched f/book kick off.... What's very disappointing so far is that no one from DTD has come forward with either an apology, or an explanation. 
  • edited February 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yes, it was very disappointing. It's never easy when these things happen, & it was horrible timing for DTD. Every online poker site experiences these issues from time to time, but the timing of this one was nut bad. 

Expected numbers? Well DTD have a daily target, & the target last night was relatively modest. They have not "formally" completed the transfer to Party yet, either, their i-Poker contract runs for another 2 days, so it's all a bit of a delicate juggling act.

The main boost in numbers will come from the "Live" Day Ones on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. I'm told by Rob Yong that the Sunday "Turbo-Wurbo" Day One will be monsta.

Either way, the Guarantee won't be affected, so poker players will win either way. I hope it hits the number, though, & I think it will.

For students of human psychology, the "Is Party Poker down?" thread on another forum yielded a rich harvest of how people react in different ways to these problems. It's poker, & we get sort of swept along in the moment, but some of us can control our emotions, others not so much. "It was just a poker tourney" to some, "it was the end of the world" to others.
    Some players got VERY emootive, fair to say. If they had played & their Q-Q had got busted by A-K, they'd have shrugged their shoulders & said "next case". 

We pokerists are an interesting breed.

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : It was total carnage. Although I wasn't playing, I tried logging on to see what the software looked like and watch a mate, I got no joy at all..... Then just watched f/book kick off.... What's very disappointing so far is that no one from DTD has come forward with either an apology, or an explanation. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I believe they are all locked in a room having their heads banged together......

I do find these things a bit sad, nobody intends for a site to experience probs, but they happen, they just do.

And I'm not flying a flag for Rob Yong or Party, either, it's just how it is.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : I believe they are all locked in a room having their heads banged together...... I do find these things a bit sad, nobody intends for a site to experience probs, but they happen, they just do.   And I'm not flying a flag for Rob Yong or Party, either, it's just how it is.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You know I'm a big supporter of DTD Tikay. But I can just see lots of frustrated people asking for info, and nothing is being said to them. 

See you next week.

Ps as a failure of several UKPC sats, I've stopped trying. Will the lobby open up to buy in on Sky, or should I just buy in via DTD's on line shop??
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : Yes, it was very disappointing. It's never easy when these things happen, & it was horrible timing for DTD. Every online poker site experiences these issues from time to time, but the timing of this one was nut bad.  Expected numbers? Well DTD have a daily target, & the target last night was relatively modest. They have not "formally" completed the transfer to Party yet, either, their i-Poker contract runs for another 2 days, so it's all a bit of a delicate juggling act.   The main boost in numbers will come from the "Live" Day Ones on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. I'm told by Rob Yong that the Sunday "Turbo-Wurbo" Day One will be monsta.   Either way, the Guarantee won't be affected, so poker players will win either way. I hope it hits the number, though, & I think it will. For students of human psychology, the "Is Party Poker down?" thread on another forum yielded a rich harvest of how people react in different ways to these problems. It's poker, & we get sort of swept along in the moment, but some of us can control our emotions, others not so much. "It was just a poker tourney" to some, "it was the end of the world" to others. Some players got VERY emootive, fair to say. If they had played & their Q-Q had got busted by A-K, they'd have shrugged their shoulders & said "next case".  We pokerists are an interesting breed.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm sure it will exceed the GTD, I'll be donating £110 (or more likely £220) towards meeting the guarantee this weekend!

I've not played on PP for ages. Wasn't overly impressed with the site when I signed up back in the day (probs 3 years ago now), and then they started charging me an ''inactivation fee'' or w/e they call it, which took the p1ssss IMO. However, I would like to play more sats for live events at DTD so looks like I'll have to dust off my account with them. The $120 event towards the end of May looks very ambitious with tons of value.

Oh, and its the weekend before I jet off to Vegas, great timing ;)
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : I'm sure it will exceed the GTD, I'll be donating £110 (or more likely £220) towards meeting the guarantee this weekend! I've not played on PP for ages. Wasn't overly impressed with the site when I signed up back in the day (probs 3 years ago now), and then they started charging me an ''inactivation fee'' or w/e they call it, which took the p1ssss IMO. However, I would like to play more sats for live events at DTD so looks like I'll have to dust off my account with them. The $120 event towards the end of May looks very ambitious with tons of value. Oh, and its the weekend before I jet off to Vegas, great timing ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    PP do not impress me, either.

They took "inactivity fee" money out of my Account - a LOT of it - my Account there had been dormant for 10 years, so you can imagine how much they took off me.

Now I have to pay vig if I withdraw the balance, too, for double rubs.

I think part of Rob's process in this deal is to help change & improve all these matters.

Finding a suitable Online Partner was not easy for Rob & Co @ DTD, & I know they will be working hard to improve things, & I truly wish them all well.

Have to say, though, that, imo, Sky Poker have nothing to fear.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : You know I'm a big supporter of DTD Tikay. But I can just see lots of frustrated people asking for info, and nothing is being said to them.  See you next week. Ps as a failure of several UKPC sats, I've stopped trying. Will the lobby open up to buy in on Sky, or should I just buy in via DTD's on line shop??
    Posted by joesman1
    Yes, it is frustrating Neil, & I'm not here to defend Rob, or PP, but we all know Rob is a great communicator, so I'd bet good money he is on the case right now, & trying to sort it.

Today was the first day in 5 weeks when I've not logged on at 5 or 6am to find a handful of "detail detail detail" UKPC e-Mails from Rob in my Inbox. He'll be on the case, fo sho.

Direct buy-ins via Sky Poker? I honestly don't know, but I'll try & find out for you. 

See you there.   
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2015
    DTD's solutions for last night's problems

Disconnection Solutions

"UKPC Main Event Final - This was refunded as per partypoker's disconnection policy. We are contacting the six players who remained when the tournament was closed to arrange that they all receive a Main Event seat in exchange for the refunded SAT prizepool. This means we are giving away one extra Main Event seat, as the tournament should have paid out five seats.  Furthermore anyone in this tournament that was affected by the disconnections should please contact partypoker support who will be happy to arrange a refund of your buy-in and rebuys/add ons in tournament dollars ($).

UKPC Mini Online Day 1 - All players that rode out the 14 levels will progress to Day 2 with the stack they finished level 14 on. These players will be contacted within 24 hours. Anyone in this tournament that was affected by the disconnections should please contact partypoker support who will be happy to arrange a refund of your buy-in and rebuys/add ons in tournament dollars ($).

UKPC Mini Satellite - Anyone in this tournament that was affected by the disconnections should please contact partypoker support who will be happy to arrange a refund of your buy-in and rebuys/add ons in tournament dollars ($)

tonight's ukpc online day one, main event satellites etc go ahead as normal
  • edited February 2015
    At the moment they are not issuing refunds but I have been assured it is being looked into.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : Yes, it is frustrating Neil, & I'm not here to defend Rob, or PP, but we all know Rob is a great communicator, so I'd bet good money he is on the case right now, & trying to sort it. Today was the first day in 5 weeks when I've not logged on at 5 or 6am to find a handful of "detail detail detail" UKPC e-Mails from Rob in my Inbox. He'll be on the case, fo sho. Direct buy-ins via Sky Poker? I honestly don't know, but I'll try & find out for you.  See you there.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Buy in will open on Sky Poker on Monday but just for the day. We will then close the lobby on Tuesday.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : You know I'm a big supporter of DTD Tikay. But I can just see lots of frustrated people asking for info, and nothing is being said to them.  See you next week. Ps as a failure of several UKPC sats, I've stopped trying. Will the lobby open up to buy in on Sky, or should I just buy in via DTD's on line shop??
    Posted by joesman1
    Thin.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : Thin.
    Posted by Bromley023
    Lol.... I'm actually having my stab at qualifying via the DTD site. 25/62 left with 5 seats on offer... Still in atm ��
  • edited February 2015
    Anyone know how many got through from UKPC Mini Online Day1A and what the stack sizes are? (were there any artificially high stack sizes due to the problems?). Also does anyone know how to find a tournament that is running on PP after reg. ends, and watch it?

I'm going to play the UKPC Mini Online Day1 tomorrow (GARYTHEROCK is my ID on PP), but it doesn't feel right playing it on PP somehow, as I'm a big fan of Sky and the Community, however it's the UKPC I'm supporting!

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : Lol.... I'm actually having my stab at qualifying via the DTD site. 25/62 left with 5 seats on offer... Still in atm ��
    Posted by joesman1
    Boom!!!! Won't be needing to buy in on Monday. How ironic, my 1st attempt with DTD (for this UKPC) after a total failure on Sky. 
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2015
    Anyone know how many got through from UKPC Mini Online Day1A and what the stack sizes are? (were there any artificially high stack sizes due to the problems?). Also does anyone know how to find a tournament that is running on PP after reg. ends, and watch it? I'm going to play the UKPC Mini Online Day1 tomorrow (GARYTHEROCK is my ID on PP), but it doesn't feel right playing it on PP somehow, as I'm a big fan of Sky and the Community, however it's the UKPC I'm supporting! Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    1a Monday, the night with the problems

12 of 100 through

chip stacks were

thats 492 entries ahead of last night, which i will update when i get the data
  • edited February 2015
    There were 92 entries last night once the late reg had closed. So I make that 492+92=584 so far. Not bad!
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2015
     Last night's Online Day 1 Mini Chip Counts:

96 entries running total 584
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2015
    in purple on this graphic

£3,000 UKPC High Roller satellites, live and online

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : Boom!!!! Won't be needing to buy in on Monday. How ironic, my 1st attempt with DTD (for this UKPC) after a total failure on Sky. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Nice one mate - see you there!

I did try to come in and wish you good luck towards the end but observer chat was turned off...guess you didn't need it lol
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC - under starters orders........ : Nice one mate - see you there! I did try to come in and wish you good luck towards the end but observer chat was turned off...guess you didn't need it lol
    Posted by bromley04
    Thanks Adam, only just seen your post. See u both on Saturday. 
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2015
    two day ones of the UKPC Mini today as the action switches back to Live at the club

2pm flight late reg is 5.40pm

7pm flight late reg is 10.40pm

Doors open at 1.30pm

• edited February 2015

I'm safely installed at DTD, where play starts in around 40 minutes time for the first of today's two flights in the Sky Poker UKPC Mini @ DTD.

The club is absolutely heaving with players all eager to help themselves (in ecxchange for £110) to some of the £200,000 Guaranteed Prize Pool.