You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Aparently i won a prize, what are my options

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi, i've just logged on to start todays session, gone to check what tournaments are on today and noticed that ive been entered into a UKPC quater final, i cant remember winning a prize although i did post on a show thread without watching so im guessing its from that, however im unavailable to play the UKPC even if i did get through.
i know i dont get the cash for de regging as it was given to me as a prize.

is my only option to get something out of this prize to also reg for the semi final, play the quater final and hope to cash, then deregister? is this allowed? is it unethical?

Comments

• edited February 2015
    also will it even be over by the time the semi starts or am i going to be entered into late reg? becuase then the above option isnt even an option
  • edited February 2015
    Some people will tell you it's unethical to play sats for cash. Those people are wrong and can rarely make a coherent argument to defend their view.

Yes, you should register for the semi beforehand, then de-reg if you win the quarter. Good luck.

Oh, and you indeed won a seat on Tuesday's show. Don't tell them you didn't watch, though. You might make Orford cry.

Good question about the quarter being over before the semi starts... I dunno about that.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Aparently i won a prize, what are my options:
    Some people will tell you it's unethical to play sats for cash. Those people are wrong and can rarely make a coherent argument to defend their view. Yes, you should register for the semi beforehand, then de-reg if you win the quarter. Good luck. Oh, and you indeed won a seat on Tuesday's show. Don't tell them you didn't watch, though. You might make Orford cry. Good question about the quarter being over before the semi starts... I dunno about that.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I guess ill just have to keep an eye on the time while playing make sure i de reg before hand if its getting to close. thats assuming i make it anywhere near the spots.

thanks for your reply :)