You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Awkward spot...really unsure what to do...(50NL)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
TATTIES Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £9.48
GUNAGE Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £20.12
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

trendy1 Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £43.43
CLIOKID Raise  £4.50 £6.75 £43.00
ian1965 Fold     
MWB Fold     
TATTIES Fold     
GUNAGE Fold     
trendy1 Call  £3.00 £9.75 £40.43
Flop

• J

trendy1 Check     
CLIOKID Check     
Turn

• Q

trendy1 Check     
CLIOKID Bet  £7.00 £16.75 £36.00
trendy1 Raise  £14.00 £30.75 £26.43

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Pretty gruesome flop for AK against the range I put villain on, nice turn card then facing a C/R...

As I say, awkward...
  • CrwCrw
    edited January 2010
    Ye thats a pretty gruesome flop.

All i could say is maybe you should have put a bet on the flop to try get some more info on what the villian was holding.
  • edited January 2010
    Yh, I would put a bet in on the flop half or 2/3 of pot. With this check-raise I probably fold as you could end up spending a lot to find out if he has the flush or not.
  • edited January 2010

Just call, have position on the river. Gud chance he can have ak as well as he flats ur 3 bet pre flop, or may well be overplaying a set....

What happened?

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Awkward spot...really unsure what to do...(50NL):
    Pretty gruesome flop for AK against the range I put villain on, nice turn card then facing a C/R... As I say, awkward...
    Posted by CLIOKID
    That turn card could have made his straight as well as yours. Could also have given him 2 pairs. Maybe even top pair with top kicker. You showed weakness on the flop so it depends on whether you believe he would only reraise with the flush. Did you push all in?
  • edited January 2010
    shove him in, you can't worry everytime three of the same suit comes down. He could quite easy be doing this with a king especially if its the king of spades. Get the money in.

Salazar
  • edited January 2010
    I shipped and villain had As4s.

I wasn't sure if this was the right play, was just wanting to see what others might do in this situation.

At the end of the day though there are lots of worse straights out there and obviously straights with flush draws so it probably is right play and unlucky timing.
  • edited January 2010
    min raise screams a flush here at these stakes. 
  • edited January 2010

I deffo go for the c bet on the flop to gain abit of info.

At these stakes the min raise is deffo at least a king high straight, but more likely flush or straight with the fd.

Its a tough situation and we dont have much info, maybe fold and wait for better spot, or flat and hope to check down.

• edited January 2010
    Easy shove here imo.
    There are more Kings in his hand than there are flushes and he's probably raising here with any king and as it's a min-raise there are a lot of players who would do this with set/2pr for information (even though this would be an incorrect play.)  We can deffo shove here and get worse to call.
    The FD is also less likely as the TJQsss are all out.  Is he really calling a 3bet here with ace rag suited?  If so, we can make a note and exploit him in the future.  If he has AsKs we are coolered and he has royal flush.... wp :)

So: If we can put opponent on 99+, Some suited aces, some other Kings, Some 8's with spade draw, AK, and some other random hands that give him a made hand with combo draw (that he might min-raise turn with) we have over 70% equity.

I stand by the shove every time.  Even more so as it was a 3bet pot pre.
  • edited January 2010
    At this level a suited ace is well in his range imo, but the king is more likely i agree.

Obv would help to know how oppo has played previous in 3bet pots.
  • edited January 2010
    I shipped and villain had As4s. I wasn't sure if this was the right play, was just wanting to see what others might do in this situation. At the end of the day though there are lots of worse straights out there and obviously straights with flush draws so it probably is right play and unlucky timing.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    definately ship at 50 nl. as you said he has so many 1 pair hands with the A or K spades that will stack off here, KK or a poorly played set, or a total bluff.

unlucky he had u this time but if he calling 3 bets OOP with that wider range u shud have that money back in 10 minutes lol
  • edited January 2010
    Easy shove here imo. There are more Kings in his hand than there are flushes and he's probably raising here with any king and as it's a min-raise there are a lot of players who would do this with set/2pr for information (even though this would be an incorrect play.)  We can deffo shove here and get worse to call. The FD is also less likely as the TJQsss are all out.  Is he really calling a 3bet here with ace rag suited?  If so, we can make a note and exploit him in the future.  If he has AsKs we are coolered and he has royal flush.... wp :) So: If we can put opponent on 99+, Some suited aces, some other Kings, Some 8's with spade draw, AK, and some other random hands that give him a made hand with combo draw (that he might min-raise turn with) we have over 70% equity. I stand by the shove every time.  Even more so as it was a 3bet pot pre.
    Posted by cottlad
    The fact the TJQsss were all out was my main reason for shipping...

I had very little info on villain, he had not long joined the table and I'd never played with him before.
  • edited January 2010
    Id Ship it, You get called by so many worse hands.