You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*** Tonight's Live Show on 861 ***

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat

Stato, is your biggest life regret that you were on Countdown pre Rachel Riley?

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Hello all,

IT'S PANCAKE DAY!!! Possibly the most pointless of all the made up celebratory days that are forced upon us through the media, but up there with my favourites due to the direct correlation with food, which I love. Despite the fact that it's completely pointless, I'd love stories of your pancake failures, and tell us how you eat your pancakes too.. I'm a Nutella and whipped cream fan.

It's Turbo Tuesday, so we'll be following that live on the show, plus some Master Cash and UKPC satellite coverage and we'll be buillding up all the excitement to the UKPC as the £1 million main event starts this weekend! I'm going to be joined on the sofa tonight by grandad Tony Kendall, and Mr Nice Guy Andrew Hulme (Stato). We'll hear loads of cement and motorway stories from Tikay, some brilliant poker stories from Andy, and we'll also hear all about his epic time on COUNTDOWN, where he became part of the elite cllub of octochamps. 

Get in touch with your questions, hand ids, stories, and fun stuff to the show:
    skyopen@bskyb.com
    Tweet: #skypokertv
    or post below on the forum

We've got a few seats to give away to a tourney later this week (will confirm which one later), and all your contributions to the show will be entered... including your answers to this, in the style of COUNTDOWN... 

Your highest scoring word to describe poker or Sky Poker 

Rules: One word only using up to 9 letters
    Lucky for you, you're not up against the 30 second countdown clock, you have up until midnight!

See you at 7pm!
    Jules x
  • edited February 2015
    My word to describe Sky Poker would be, Inclusive, for fairly obvious reasons, everyones welcoming and willing to help, they coach you on your bad plays, praise your good plays, have a general good chat about life etc and generaly just loook to have a good time :)

as for countdown i was always bad at the word rounds but a pro at the numbers me and my mrs still have it on record now and it can get fairly competetive when we play each other :)
  • edited February 2015
    "Foldboats"
    A very common practice in the 4 card game!

Much, much more importantly, the obvious answer to the pancake filling question, is gooseberry compote with a splash of elderflower cordial and a massive dollop of crème fraiche on the side.

ps. Please don't add me to the free tournament raffle thingummy. ta.

• edited February 2015
    Only one 9 letter word to describe Sky Poker

Community!

As for pancakes , i usually have mine with a bit of ceiling plaster sprinkled with carpet fluff :-)
  • edited February 2015
    ah i forgot the how i eat my pancakes part, just lemon and sugar for me.
  • edited February 2015

My word.....(if scoring by scrabble methods?) is...

QUIZZICAL - Poker is a game that you often look at as a puzzle. It is also a mystery that is hard to solve. People (outside of poker) will always give you that same quizzical look when you say you play poker.

Hope you have a good show. looking forward to seeing Tikay's mind working overtime to keep up......

Q for Andrew....

Do you still watch/play Countdown and do you still hear the countdown clock in your head?
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: *** Tonight's Live Show on 861 ***:
    ah i forgot the how i eat my pancakes part, just lemon and sugar for me.
    Posted by RLT16

+1

There really is no other way

ps 
    Interesting fact 1; Shrove Tuesday (pancake day) is a precursor to lent.....ie an excuse to fill yourself up with food before abstaining until Easter.

Interesting fact 2; Americans call it Fat Tuesday.

Tikay I learned all this from Macac(the oracle)girl ;-)))

• edited February 2015
    My word is "Mindblowing"
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    When you play poker you're going to take risks, so my word would be HAZARDOUS.
  • edited February 2015
    SHOCKING

poker is SHOCKING in lots of ways, it's rigged to some which is SOCKING. It's SHOCKING that people can make a life out of poker as it's meant to be total luck to some. Finally it can come as a SHOCK when a non pro wins a massive prize.

so much more stuff that can be a shock to such a shocking game.

have a great show craig
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    Poker (and Sky Poker) is WONDERFUL.  Coincidentally you can make these words associated with poker from wonderful..

flounder (thats me usually)
    owned (as above)
    woeful (you get the picture!)
    fold 
    won
    AND best and most importantly
    fun

oh and not forgetting FOWLER  of course!  ;-))

• edited February 2015
     I was very pleased with myself for coming up with Community (the definitive answer). it was then that I noticed I was, not for the first time, about three hours behind.

I'd like to ask Andrew who his Countdown dreamteam consists of? Is he a Carol and Richard man or does he have time for Nick and Suzie or would he like to put Carol and Des Lynam together? He can throw in his favourite dictionary corner people too if he fancies.
  • edited February 2015
     I was very pleased with myself for coming up with Community (the definitive answer). it was then that I noticed I was, not for the first time, about three hours behind.  I'd like to ask Andrew who his Countdown dreamteam consists of? Is he a Carol and Richard man or does he have time for Nick and Suzie or would he like to put Carol and Des Lynam together? He can throw in his favourite dictionary corner people too if he fancies.
    Posted by NChanning

FOLD !!

I always have it :-)
  • edited February 2015
    FORESIGHT
    Posted by aussie09
    HINDSIGHT!!

Why did I fold my pocket 2s on the turn, I knew the little duck was coming on the river!
    Said by many a sky poker player ~ Not me though I would never fold 22 :D
    Have a good night xx
    :)
  • edited February 2015
    For me, word would be COGNITIVE
    Failing that, maybe  "open-ended"

Looking forward to the show,

Andy / ilera

• edited February 2015
    9 letter word to describe Andy:

Corpulent

9 letter word to describe poker:

Agonising.

I would have gone for 'houseload', but we all know that's not a word!
    I'd also like to ask Andrew if he's had any interesting experiences in lifts recently?
    Also could he talk us through his first time playing the WSOP Main Event?
  • edited February 2015
    Great Show So Far Guys

Pancakes - Lemon & Sugar, anything else just shows poor breeding

Countdown Word - HAPPINESS

Put this Anagram to your special guest & see if he can get it within 30 seconds/

Anagram is HUMANWELDER

Answer is ANDREW HULME

• edited February 2015
    Awesome guys!! Keep them coming, Andrew is on with us from 8pm! 
  • edited February 2015
    Real Canadian Maple Syrup - From Canada, not Wyoming. :-)

I'm a fan of the classic lemon and sugar too, but maple syrup is best.

Once upon a time, I used to talk about poker when messaging this show.
  • edited February 2015
    Good evening,just like to say i think i played ok in the roller untill the last hand, normally i think i could have got away from going all in,my exscuse is that i was asleep,well nearly asleep it was 3.30 in the morning and you know i am NEARLY as old as tikay,very pleased at coming second and the 3.3k will come in handy,good show as always.
  • edited February 2015
    Great show guys.

I'd choose the word 'Urbaneous'

I'll let Tikay explain, as he introduced me to the word
  • edited February 2015
    Question for the silver fox...

People talk a lot about importance of position, as you are last to act. However quite often a hand comes along where first to bet is at an advantage.

Would you say that position changes importance depending on the stage of the tournament, or the aggression / tightness of your opponents?

Andy / ilera 
  • edited February 2015

Last longer please  ?
  • edited February 2015
    evening all, firstly.. pancakes..plain old sugar and lemon..and my nine letter word would be ..IMPASIBLE...describes everything about poker.have a good show peeps

• edited February 2015

CONFUSING....................Well it is to me sometimes.
  • edited February 2015

SATISFIED WITH SKY 
    KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME ALWAYS LEARNING
    YUCKINESS SOME SICK BEATS, PLAY THROUGH THEM :) 

PASSIONAL ABOUT THE GAME
    OBSESSION OF THE GAME
    KNOCKDOWN BUT GET BACK UP AGAIN
    ENDURANCE OF MULTITABLES AND CONSTANT PLAY
    RECOMMEND SKY TO ANYONE.

HAVE A GREAT SHOW GUYS!

• edited February 2015
    Hi folks always enjoy your live shows glad to see you all back and hope the person who was ill last week is feeling better.
    Scrabble word to explain poker is ............. MUZJIKS which I think is a Russian word for a peasant, a word to remind you of the rags to riches story's of poker players and not forgetting the riches to rags story's too :-/
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Jules TK and Andrew :)

My pancakes this eve were nice and thick with double cream and sugar :) 

My word to describe poker is Chameleon because to survive and succeed you have to be able to adapt to your surrounds and change your image as and when needed 

Question for Andrew - have you ever lost a game of scrabble?

Have great show :)

Matt