You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Care in the Community,

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
I 'm a recreational player who at the moment whilst playing other tourneys, I am attempting the dym challenge from 60p to £100 to win a seat in the £110 roller.

Now while playing a £1 dym I apologised for knocking out a player when in the big blind in an unraised pot with 89 in my hand. The flop comes down 889 ! I knock player the out and his response is ......"Don't worry about me Pal, i won £16 k last night at poker!"

Should we say nothing at this point?
Should we ask that after such a big cash why are you playing £1 dyms the next night?
Should we just say (again) unlucky tonight but at least you have £15000+ in the bank from your big win and tomorrow is another day.And there's no need for swearing, bad beats happen.

Comments

• edited February 2015
    firstly i wouldnt of apologised for knocking them out, 8/9 is a fairly playable hand from the big blind, especially into an unopened pot, if they wanted to get you off the hand they should have raised pre, as fpr the 15k +win id just ignore it or congratulate them but nothing more, they may be telling the truth, they may not be, either way it has no relevance to the game.

• edited February 2015
    Yes, I imagine if I ever binked 16k playing poker one evening, I'd make sure the very next evening I was grinding the £1 games on Sky.

I do find these kinds of porky pies quite funny, at least make up something remotely feasible :)
  • edited February 2015
    maybe he meant £16 and the k was a typo ;-)