You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

heads up

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
why do some players sit at heads up tables waiting for an opponent when there are others doing the same?

Comments

• edited February 2015

something i posted in 2011 ...

isn't there an amazing similarity between the Red Light District in Amsterdam and the high stakes cash tables where single players are just waiting for passing punters?  You can almost hear them tap on the windows.

wander around just looking..  thinking no way... but friendly smiles beckon you ... you check your money and enter, putting your chips down ... sit down wanting to sit on your hands,.. should really just sit and go ... the action starts ...  you get checked almost immediately  ... after a couple of hands you see a pair.. you raise ...  the response is to put you all in.  you exit after two minutes with £50 less...  premature speculation.  

• edited February 2015
    thanks for that, thought it was something like that,

sorry for the double post not sure what I've done
  • edited February 2015
    I sat at a 100NL HU table last night even though there were about a gazillion other people sitting - I would happily sit down and play vs anyone but unfortunately 90% of players sit out and the other 10% might play for a few hands, realise I'm not a muppet and sit out. Don't know why I bothered tho I got bored after 20 minutes. I love (or used to anyway) HU too but prefer cash to HUSNG's, just never get the action.