You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

donk bet flush draw theory at micro stakes

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
2dicks Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £52.73
helppo Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £25.26
  Your hole cards

salazar Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £59.37
2dicks Call  £0.75 £2.10 £51.98
helppo Fold     
Flop

• J

vil Bet  £0.30 £2.40 £51.68
salazar Raise  £2.33 £4.73 £57.04
vil Call  £2.03 £6.76 £49.65
Turn

• Q

vil Bet  £0.30 £7.06 £49.35
salazar Raise  £3.98 £11.04 £53.06
vil Call  £3.68 £14.72 £45.67
River

• Q

vil Check     
salazar Bet  £7.36 £22.08 £45.70
vil Fold     
salazar Muck     
salazar Win  £21.35  £67.05

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Hi, doing this because i've never posted a hand before and wanted to see if this was the right way to do it.
    Don't think it's worked.
    Picked this hand because i thought it was quite interesting and i have a theory about donk bets on the flop being 2nd pair or flush draws on the micro stakes

Salazar
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: donk bet flush draw theory at micro stakes:
    Hi, doing this because i've never posted a hand before and wanted to see if this was the right way to do it. Don't think it's worked. Picked this hand because i thought it was quite interesting and i have a theory about donk bets on the flop being 2nd pair or flush draws on the micro stakes Salazar
    Posted by salazar
    There is ALOT of idiots out there who will min-bet flush draws to try and see a cheap turn/river and they will min-bet turn again even after you re-raise them.

And they'll also call your turn re-raise without odds and hit their draw.

Min-betting FTW.
  • edited January 2010

Aup m8, worked fine other than the stack sizes...u sure u copied and pasted the whole HH page? its rly simple....

Like ya style...

N thanx for the PM from that thing I started in the main seciton, its been deleted which is fair enuff, but was already in a game on the new site when they swiped it, much appreciated, gl

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Aup m8, worked fine other than the stack sizes...u sure u copied and pasted the whole HH page? its rly simple.... Like ya style... N thanx for the PM from that thing I started in the main seciton, its been deleted which is fair enuff, but was already in a game on the new site when they swiped it, much appreciated, gl DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Thanks, and no prob about the PM. As far as the stack sizes, i don't know why they haven't shown but we were both on about £50 at the start of the hand.

Salazar
  • edited January 2010

In Response to Re: donk bet flush draw theory at micro stakes : Thanks, and no prob about the PM. As far as the stack sizes, i don't know why they haven't shown but we were both on about £50 at the start of the hand. Salazar
    Posted by salazar

i got the stack sizes aswell so i dunno wat happened there??

as 4 the donk bet it means a
    can mean a few things at micro stakes.. obv a min donk bet is usually pretty weak so i usually disregrd it and c bet as i wud have if they checked.

When ppl donk for like 3/4 pot i think it has more to do with the texture of the board, it prob does mean 2nd pair or weaker on a 48 A rainbow but i have learnt from experience to be wary wen someone donk bets a Q 10 8 board, this hits their range harder and it is obv down to the individual opponent as to wat i will do.

playing back at the donk bet i tend to raise on disconnected flops with or without it. On a more connected flop i i will smooth call with anything from top set to air then play the turn as thisbalances the range we are calling
    with it puts the villain in a tough spot...

its a weird concept because i genuinely very rarely donk bet. I also notice that other winning players at this level are rarely if ever donk betting... i consider it poor play.