You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Rewards

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
Just to let people know who have asking about rewards and hitting priority this month, how the rake back is affected. I have recieved only £287.00 for being on 14,391 points whereas usually I recieve around £360 as soon as i hit 10,000 points for priority. So the double points may help you to get to priority faster but the rake back you recieve wont be as much. I know a few people had questions about how much they would be recieving once they hit 20% rake back. Hope this helps a tiny bit although probs not much.

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I remember the thread, Sky assured us this was not be the case.... so I'm guessing they were wrong? Did you cash out early?
  • edited February 2015
    explain please someone?
  • edited February 2015
    Didn't they actually say if you are on 9999 points and you get 1 more you wont end up getting a lower reward bonus?
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Cash Rewards:
    explain please someone?
    Posted by bolly580
    "Up Your Game" & Priority (10,000 points)
  • edited February 2015
    No body should  get under £200 for 10k points.

• edited February 2015
    I remember the thread, Sky assured us this was not be the case.... so I'm guessing they were wrong? Did you cash out early?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Yeah i requested an early cash out and was pretty annoyed to recieve only £287 for 14,400 points considering i usually get around £360 for 10k points. What are your thoughts?
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Cash Rewards : Yeah i requested an early cash out and was pretty annoyed to recieve only £287 for 14,400 points considering i usually get around £360 for 10k points. What are your thoughts?
    Posted by hhamza162
    This is right/normal.

Sky only confirmed that no1 would get less for making Prio than they would for getting 9999 cos that would be ridiculous. After that it's all down to simply getting 20% back of whatever rake you paid.

If you normally get 14,400 (for example) points, and normally get £360

Then this time round when you got 14,400 points, you paid less rake to get that cos some of it was double points.

Less rake = Less RB

If you got less RB than normal, that can only be cos you played less than normal. That's not Sky's fault.
  • edited February 2015
    It's a very cleverly worded promo.  For anybody that usually makes 10k it won't make hardly any difference and will lead a lot of people being disappointed when c4p is paid.  It will help lower raking players earn more c4p and a better change of making priority.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Cash Rewards : This is right/normal. Sky only confirmed that no1 would get less for making Prio than they would for getting 9999 cos that would be ridiculous. After that it's all down to simply getting 20% back of whatever rake you paid. If you normally get 14,400 (for example) points, and normally get £360 Then this time round when you got 14,400 points, you paid less rake to get that cos some of it was double points. Less rake = Less RB If you got less RB than normal, that can only be cos you played less than normal. That's not Sky's fault.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Fair enough im not arguing the point of getting less than i normally would. I just didnt think i would get £90 less for 4,400 more points in this example. Most of my play is during weekdays so i havent really earnt that many double points. For arguments sake lets say i earnt even half of my points from double points. So half of 14,400 is 7,200. If we half that it would put me at 3600 (the rest ie 3600 coming from double points). That would normally put me at 10,800 points and i would definitely get paid more than £287 usually at that many points. Anyways i guess none of that is accurate and more hypothetical, just the way it seems to me
  • edited February 2015
    It's a very cleverly worded promo.  For anybody that usually makes 10k it won't make hardly any difference and will lead a lot of people being disappointed when c4p is paid.  It will help lower raking players earn more c4p and a better change of making priority.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    I preferred c4p to cash rewards. The bar told you exactly how much money u were at. 10k was set at 280, 20k was set at 800 etc. don't know if you can remember this? But then again u most likely do lol
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Hamza/all.

I think everything is pretty much summed up above, but just for confirmation, there's a few points below.

1) We guarantee a minimum of 2p per point to all Priority players. Making sure no one is worse off when earning double points.
    2) Early payments are always a day behind, meaning any rake paid on the day of your early payment will not have been takern into account. This is because we can't view real time rake on a players by player basis.
    3) All double points promotions are aimed at less frequent players. Hopefully this indirectly benefits Priority players, as there's more of an incentive for the less frequent players to play. This hopefully results in a strong ecology, and a better site for everyone.
    4) Double points makes it a lot easier for a player to step up to the next rakeback tier.
    5) Rakeback is rakeback. We don't pay any less rakeback when offering double points. As Lambert mentioned, if you put in the exact same volume, you'll get the same rakeback. Put in more and you'll get more.

I can understand how it can be frustrating for Priority players to benefit less from this promoiton, but no one will be any worse off, and hopefully, you can all see the logic behind it.

JP.
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Hamza/all. I think everything is pretty much summed up above, but just for confirmation, there's a few points below. 1) We guarantee a minimum of 2p per point to all Priority players. Making sure no one is worse off when earning double points. 2) Early payments are always a day behind, meaning any rake paid on the day of your early payment will not have been takern into account. This is because we can't view real time rake on a players by player basis. 3) All double points promotions are aimed at less frequent players. Hopefully this indirectly benefits Priority players, as there's more of an incentive for the less frequent players to play. This hopefully results in a strong ecology, and a better site for everyone. 4) Double points makes it a lot easier for a player to step up to the next rakeback tier. 5) Rakeback is rakeback. We don't pay any less rakeback when offering double points. As Lambert mentioned, if you put in the exact same volume, you'll get the same rakeback. Put in more and you'll get more. I can understand how it can be frustrating for Priority players to benefit less from this promoiton, but no one will be any worse off, and hopefully, you can all see the logic behind it. JP.
    Posted by Sky_JP

Hi

Thanks for clearing that up, appreciated!