You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your biggest / best non-poker win?

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat

What's the biggest thing you've won or done in outside of poker?

Climbed Everest? Swum the channel? Had a 10-team acca bet come up?

No bluffing! ;)

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I won a years supply of Smarties eggs and a Play Station when I was 11!!
    Absolutely phenomenal prizes ~ best day of my life! Hahaha
    :D
  • edited February 2015
    Won the AFA Senior Veterans Football Cup at 46 years old, most other players 40 ish

3-1, wind effected game!! 2/3 ex pros playing.

Was picked at Centre Forward, normally Centre Mid, but well past my best

Had decided already first half with the wind,  any chance of an early long strike, the Right Foot Hammer was going to fire!

Made my chance & took it...Scored 2nd Crucial Goal from 40 Yards, was wind assisted drive into top right Bin!

Allow me to self-Indulge....lol, again.

.....Was CF picked short slide ball up, off centre half, my back to Goal, Half way line..
    ......after dropping towards him as outlet..
    ......dropped right sholder, then went left sharp losing marker..
    .......pushed ball 4 yards towards goal into space, setting for shot.

BOOM!!

Great strike, little bit of  little toe/outstep dragged under Ball to give dip and slight swerve away from Keeper

TOP BIN!!!

My Keeper was rite behind flight, said he knew it was Goal soon as it left my Boot..
    best strike he ever seen!!

Skillz!!
  • edited February 2015
    I magaged to aquire mafair and park lane early on in a game of monoply, i mean first 3 round the boards, boom. i soon had both browns and it was over, hotels all over the gaff,  throwing pink 500's at the banker shouting change me!!!

wife did not look happy. 
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Your biggest / best non-poker win?:
    Won the AFA Senior Veterans Football Cup at 46 years old, most other players 40 ish 3-1, wind effected game!! 2/3 ex pros playing. Was picked at Centre Forward, normally Centre Mid, but well past my best Had decided already first half with the wind,  any chance of an early long strike, the Right Foot Hammer was going to fire! Made my chance & took it...Scored 2nd Crucial Goal from 40 Yards, was wind assisted drive into top right Bin! Allow me to self-Indulge....lol, again. .....Was CF picked short slide ball up, off centre half back to Goal, Half way line.. ......after dropping towards him as outlet.. ......dropped right sholder, then went left sharp losing marker.. .......pushed ball 4 yards towards goal into space, setting for shot. BOOM!! Great strike, little bit of left little toe dragged under Ball to give dip and slight swerve away from Keeper TOP BIN!!! My Keeper was rite behind flight, said he knew it was Goal soon as it left my Boot.. best strike he ever seen!! Skillz!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    WOKE UP HAD RICE CRISPIES(CORNFLAKES ARE SO CLICHE)