You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

cheating is it possible

ckdckd
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

now im not saying it was cheating but it just seems a bit funny

ive seen it people pushing and calling for there life and hiting runner runner to win

no ive seen  softwear that tells you what hand will win and that reads the rng

now i know most dont work but i know some do , so what have sky got in place to stop this as it is out there

im not moaning about losing here this is just a question i have

Comments

• edited January 2010
    go to area 51 under the thread conspiracy theories and there is a link about RNG's,(it will pickle your brain) me personally i believe that when i sit at a table, the other players cant see my cards or the community cards pre flop, but i suppose it is possible with the technical computer know how, but still 1000 times less likely than someone cheating live! but who's gonna use it on £2.20 deepies lol
  • edited January 2010
    the people who write poker software are orphans with no friends or family,they also have no way of contacting people to discuss profitable poker ventures,..the same was true with the redknapp /portsmouth betting event,redknapp is an orphan with no friends or family and had no way of contacting anyone to discuss a profitable betting venture.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to cheating is it possible:
     now im not saying it was cheating but it just seems a bit funny  ive seen it people pushing and calling for there life and hiting runner runner to win  no ive seen  softwear that tells you what hand will win and that reads the rng  now i know most dont work but i know some do , so what have sky got in place to stop this as it is out there  im not moaning about losing here this is just a question i have
    Posted by ckd
    There have been 2 famous cases of cheating online. Both involved a "superuser" with inside help getting access to the server so that they could see everyone's hole cards. These occurred in high stakes cash games where the "earnings" were hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is another case where the rng algorithm was much too simple and scientists with a fast computer were able to crack the RNG and find the "deal" once they had seen their hole cards and the flop. The rng on Sky is much, much more sophisticated and could not be cracked in seconds, minutes or even hours so it would not be possible to do it in real time. The "superuser" situation is now so well known that it would be close to impossible. Finally, as Tikay always says "Why"? Why would you do it in micro stakes games?
  • edited January 2010
    put 3 ppl with mobile phones on a sng double ur money.odds are small but u will win more than u lose. just my opinion,del
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: cheating is it possible:
    put 3 ppl with mobile phones on a sng double ur money.odds are small but u will win more than u lose. just my opinion,del
    Posted by DELTA
    That is definitely possible. In fact, I reported exactly that situation to Sky last night.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: cheating is it possible : That is definitely possible. In fact, I reported exactly that situation to Sky last night.
    Posted by Seagull158
    i suppose if u had a team of 12 bods with mobile phones,and they playd DYM all day for 2/3 days,or until SKY realised,theyd make a big chunk of money,even at the lower end,and theres plenty of poker sites to  'play'...sounds like a plan..PM me for my moby number..
  • edited January 2010
    Anything is possible. I won 8 DYM in a row am i cheating? No im only playing winning hands it would be very
    un-likely that anyone can see your cards but i have seen chip passing if you note this only play card like AA KK AKs AQs then push as hard as you dare in other words get your chips in first, it works for me. the other thing you can do is drop a comment in the chat box something like (Oh he must be your friend lol). Good luck.
  • edited January 2010

Wheres Scotty???
  • edited January 2010
    He was beamed up in the last episode.
  • edited January 2010
    i registered for a 5.50 DYM about four days ago.
    i never even got to see the table, it wouldn't open. at all.
    an hour later when checking, discovered I'd come 2nd!
    defo summat fishy going on.
  • edited January 2010
    more 'donk'y than fishy
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by DELTA
    This is possible (and it's easier than holding a mobile to your ear all night lol, they use MSN and Skype to conference call but no profit to be had by doing this unless your playing at a level worth doubling.

If 2 play £55 DYM and 1 makes it...... the other doesn't you just lost a tenner ???? you have to guarantee 2 out of 3 everytime into the top 3 to make any good money from this.

I think you are more likley to find collusion at cash games where people will pass hand info between themselves and avoid their "Partners" big hands but poss play things like suited connectors against their friends KK with 1 other caller in the pot to try and felt the other guy with whichever hand is more disguised and comes out best after the board

Think about it, would you risk your account, the funds in it being frozen to win at £2 DYM? i know i wouldn't.
  • edited January 2010
    Wheres Scotty???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL.

Anyone who seriously thinks that Sky Poker, or any large poker site, has any suspect practices going on, is off the scale retarded.

Why don't those in this thread who believe that the games aren't secure, just ban themselves?

There have been a few big stories regarding cheating going on in the poker world, but the majority of them are to do with the financial positions of the sites and not the software.  The Ultimate Bet incident was only possible because the guy who did it was extremely high up in the organistion, and didn't have anyone to report to.

This couldn't happen on Sky Poker.  I trust SkyBet more so than any other gambling based organisation that I am a member of.

Cheating is possible in online poker, however that is an avenue that ANY member of a poker site could explore should they have the brains to pull it off.

But yeah if you guys think that rigging go's on within the organisations themselves, then just leave this forum and go onto DavidIcke.com because I am certain that you will feel far more at home there.  Nutters.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: cheating is it possible : LOL. Anyone who seriously thinks that Sky Poker, or any large poker site, has any suspect practices going on, is off the scale retarded. Why don't those in this thread who believe that the games aren't secure, just ban themselves? There have been a few big stories regarding cheating going on in the poker world, but the majority of them are to do with the financial positions of the sites and not the software.  The Ultimate Bet incident was only possible because the guy who did it was extremely high up in the organistion, and didn't have anyone to report to. This couldn't happen on Sky Poker.  I trust SkyBet more so than any other gambling based organisation that I am a member of. Cheating is possible in online poker, however that is an avenue that ANY member of a poker site could explore should they have the brains to pull it off. But yeah if you guys think that rigging go's on within the organisations themselves, then just leave this forum and go onto DavidIcke.combecause I am certain that you will feel far more at home there.  Nutters.
    Posted by scotty77
    A David Icke Reference lol LOVE IT !!!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: cheating is it possible : LOL. Anyone who seriously thinks that Sky Poker, or any large poker site, has any suspect practices going on, is off the scale retarded. Why don't those in this thread who believe that the games aren't secure, just ban themselves? There have been a few big stories regarding cheating going on in the poker world, but the majority of them are to do with the financial positions of the sites and not the software.  The Ultimate Bet incident was only possible because the guy who did it was extremely high up in the organistion, and didn't have anyone to report to. This couldn't happen on Sky Poker.  I trust SkyBet more so than any other gambling based organisation that I am a member of. Cheating is possible in online poker, however that is an avenue that ANY member of a poker site could explore should they have the brains to pull it off. But yeah if you guys think that rigging go's on within the organisations themselves, then just leave this forum and go onto DavidIcke.com because I am certain that you will feel far more at home there.  Nutters.
    Posted by scotty77
    Scotty, the original poster was not suggesting cheating was occurring within the SKy organisation. He was asking whether cheating would be possible. The answers, apart from one cryptic one, have been along the lines that it is not practically possible by cracking the rng or fixing the deals but that collusion is possible and is definitely occurring. I witnessed and reported it myself 2 days ago. Why these clowns would collude and cheat in a £2 DYM I have no idea but they were. I guess, to answer my own question, if they cheat they give themselves a better chance of winning £2 rather than losing £2. Very sad but it happens. I think the only nutter on this post is the "orphan" guy!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    im sure that if 50% of the table is on the same side then theyv got 2 have a better chance of at least 2 of them cashing,and even all 3 cashing.also they may not be making big money down at these lower levels,but if theyr just small fry then maybe theyr just testing the water,or building a bankroll that allows them 2 play at a higher level(if they dont get sussed)..the lower levels are easier to beat(so iv been told),the majority of lower level players probly just accept that theyv 'lost' and move on 2 the next game...if i had a way of making regular steady money  day to day,i dont think id b going out of my way to draw attention 2 myself..bit like taking 1p out of evry bank account as opposed to just taking sum1s whole 100grand....
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2010

ty seagull i am not saying there is cheating 

the fact that the 1st line starts with im not saying cheating is going on  

i am just asking with all the software that's out there what is in place to stop it being used 
     i know 90% of it does not work but there is stuff that will do 

thats all i wanted to know 

again im not saying any cheating is going on      this is not a dig at sky poker i think the site is great   and some of the  people on it 

i know people work together and pokertrev gave a good way to stop the he said push on the short stack 1 that way the big stack will pass his tothe short and they there chips will fade away

• edited January 2010
     ty seagull i am not saying there is cheating   the fact that the 1st line starts with im not saying cheating is going on i thought would of gave it away but maybe not   i am just asking with all the software that's out there what is in place to stop it being used   i know 90% of it does not work but there is stuff that will do   thats all i wanted to know     again im not saying any cheating is going on      this is not a dig at sky poker i think the site is great   and some of the  people on it       
    Posted by ckd
    A good balanced view, if I may say so.

Just remember, there is also software to detect it. And it's very sophisticated.

It's not an issue that I think should tax you too much. There are chancers on every site who think they can beat the game by colluding. And every Site has anti-collusion systems.

I've been playing Online for 12 years, on almost every "known" Site, I even own a chunk of an Online Cardroom. Lots of idiots think they can beat the game by cheating. They all get caught. And get their accounts frozen.

If you suspect jiggery-pokery, report it, as it speeds up the process. But the anti-collusion Team will suss it soon enough, even if it's not reported.

There is a MUCH easier way for players to try to beat the game than colluding or soft-playing, trust me. And no, I'm not going to tell you what it is. But it does NOT affect the players.

Colluding is past it's sell-by-date now, the cheats have moved on. And if some team of donks want to collude in £2 DYM's, good luck to them for the day or two they get away with it. If they tried it in bigger DYM's, they'd be sussed within the day, as the liquidity would make their actions very transparent.

The successful players in the bigger DYM's on Sky Poker make good money, because they can play. If some eejits fancied messing with the game, it would be visible instantly.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2010

ty tikay

i know sky have to keep up to date with it all and im sure they do

its was just the fact of seeing all this stuff out there that does this and that , just wanted to know what was in place 4 it all  ty for anwsering it for me 

on a different matter i took the 500 velocity down last night for team tikay weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

gl in tonights game lets stuff them
  • edited January 2010
     ty tikay  i know sky have to keep up to date with it all and im sure they do  its was just the fact of seeing all this stuff out there that does this and that , just wanted to know what was in place 4 it all  ty for anwsering it for me   on a different matter i took the 500 velocity down last night for team tikay weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  gl in tonights game lets stuff them
    Posted by ckd
    Yes, I saw you won the Velo last night - very well done!

Sky Poker won't thank me for discussing Anti-Collusion on here, for obvious reasons what they do & how they do it is best not advertised. For those who can't accept that, well, my view is simple. If I don't trust a Site 100%, I don't play on it.

• edited January 2010
    i mainly play in the low stakes dym's as i win more than i lose and dont have the bankroll to play for more!!

ive suspected a few of working together but i find that if i just play as tight as i can and play things like aa kk qq jj etc.... aggresively i usually come out on top.