You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lauren update with a Thank you to Lisa-Marie

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
nice, hope laurens parents r ok 2, if that was my little girl id b worried sick,

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Hi all

Have just played a DYM with Ian, Laurens dad, he tells me Lauren will be able to go out in about 10 days time, hopefuly that time will soon pass, at this time I would like to say Thank you to Lisa-Marie for passing onto Lauren my best wishes, she was made up by it, which I think is sweet,  I know Lauren is overwhelmed by the support this community has shown, WELL DONE ALL, YOU ARE THE BEST.

P.s. Lisa-Marie, was it the producer who added about 100 wrestlers to the list I sent ? :)
  • edited January 2010
    This is the first time I have picked up on this thread and the previous one, so apologies, It is one of the hardest things to have to deal with seeing your child go through so much and what a brave little girl lauren must be. kindest thoughts to lauren and her parents.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Lauren update and a Thank you to our Primo presenter (Whoever she may be;)):
    This is the first time I have picked up on this thread and the previous one, so apologies, It is one of the hardest things to have to deal with seeing your child go through so much and what a brave little girl lauren must be. kindest thoughts to lauren and her parents.
    Posted by Sharksbite
    Hiya

Firstly, thank you :), I dont know if you are aware, but there is a thread in the shed, but you can click here to find it, we are trying to get as many posts as possible :), so if you could add your too it please? many thanks :)
  • edited January 2010
    Glad to hear shes doing well, top man baz!
  • edited January 2010
    Excellent news, nice1 Bazza!
  • edited January 2010
    No problemo peeps :)
  • edited January 2010

I had a nice message from Emma - Lauren's Mum - on Sunday. I'll try & find it & Post it up here.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Lauren update and a Thank you to our Primo presenter (Whoever she may be;)):
    I had a nice message from Emma - Lauren's Mum - on Sunday. I'll try & find it & Post it up here.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Nice one, thank you :)
  • edited January 2010

n1 barry , tk and lisa,

and what a brave girl you are lauren.

• edited January 2010
    nice one baz great to hear she  doing fine hope mam and dad are too
  • edited January 2010
    The very best of wishes for lauren,ian and emma.all the best from dav and debs xxx
  • edited January 2010

I did say somewhere that I had a PM from Lauren's Mum, & I'd Post it up on here.

On reflection, perhaps that would be a tad indiscrete, & it contains some personal stuff that perhaps I'd rather not show.

But I can tell you this. The Posts on "Lauren's Thread" mean a great deal to Lauren, she is thrilled to bits. She cannot get up & about yet, she has to pretty much lie still all day, so she looks forward enormously to seeing your messages on "her" Thread.

Please keep them coming.

I will forward the PM to anyone interested, on condition that it stays under the radar.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Lauren update with a Thank you to Lisa-Marie:
    I did say somewhere that I had a PM from Lauren's Mum, & I'd Post it up on here. On reflection, perhaps that would be a tad indiscrete, & it contains some personal stuff that perhaps I'd rather not show. But I can tell you this. The Posts on "Lauren's Thread" mean a great deal to Lauren, she is thrilled to bits. She cannot get up & about yet, she has to pretty much lie still all day, so she looks forward enormously to seeing your messages on "her" Thread. Please keep them coming. I will forward the PM to anyone interested, on condition that it stays under the radar.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes please tikay
  • edited January 2010
    Hi guys, well Lauren has officially got a big head now, 3 threads about her and mentions on the tv, never mind sitting still she wont be able to get her head out the door lol. I think she is definitely counting the days now till she can be up and about. However she has tried a few times to get up and about but its just taking it out of her at the moment. Aswell id like to apologise for not posting on Laurens threads for the last few days i had a little set back myself which im trying to come to terms with. They say things come in 3's so i truly hope that isnt true at the minute, dont think i can handle anything else quite yet. Tikay i will send you a message to explain. Keep the posts coming guys, Lauren gets me to check constantly, and it really does mean so much to her. xx
  • edited January 2010
    Lauren...patience is rubbish...but needed....you will soon be up and about....and think of how  much energy you will have to use up!!!  XXX from Maggie
  • edited January 2010
    Hi guys, well Lauren has officially got a big head now, 3 threads about her and mentions on the tv, never mind sitting still she wont be able to get her head out the door lol. I think she is definitely counting the days now till she can be up and about. However she has tried a few times to get up and about but its just taking it out of her at the moment. Aswell id like to apologise for not posting on Laurens threads for the last few days i had a little set back myself which im trying to come to terms with. They say things come in 3's so i truly hope that isnt true at the minute, dont think i can handle anything else quite yet. Tikay i will send you a message to explain. Keep the posts coming guys, Lauren gets me to check constantly, and it really does mean so much to her. xx
    Posted by stoxy
    Hi Emma

Sorry to hear you are having problems, hope its not serious, my best to you Ian and Lolly
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by stoxy
    Thanks Emma.

For those not aware - & you would not be - Emma - Lauren's Mum - is also quite unwell, & has been for a while, with a long-term medical condition. Having a poorly daughter does not help much, I suppose, either.

So keep those messages flowing on Lauren's Thread, please.

And welcome to the real world. When Mum is unwell, & 9 year-old daughter likewise, THATS a real-world bad-beat.

I get pretty miffed when I see folks posting poker beats. They've not lived.
  • edited January 2010
    I did say somewhere that I had a PM from Lauren's Mum, & I'd Post it up on here. On reflection, perhaps that would be a tad indiscrete, & it contains some personal stuff that perhaps I'd rather not show. But I can tell you this. The Posts on "Lauren's Thread" mean a great deal to Lauren, she is thrilled to bits. She cannot get up & about yet, she has to pretty much lie still all day, so she looks forward enormously to seeing your messages on "her" Thread. Please keep them coming. I will forward the PM to anyone interested, on condition that it stays under the radar.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Please send it to me Tony thanks
    col
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Lauren and family,
    When I get down or am feeling under the weather, I turn to my favourite film. THE LIFE OF BRIAN. Sorry sweetheart but your a bit young to watch it, but the song from it picks me up.
    Here's some of the lyrics, (well the bits without swear words hehe). Ask mum and dad for the tune.

Some things in life are bad 
    They can really make you mad 
    Other things just make you swear and curse 
    When you're chewing on life's gristle 
    Don't grumble, give a whistle 
    And this'll help things turn out for the best... 
    And... 

...always look on the bright side 
    of life... 
    (Whistle) 

Always look on the light side 
    of life... 
    (Whistle) 

If life seems jolly rotten 
    There's something you've forgotten 
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing 
    When you're feeling in the dumps 
    Don't be silly chumps