You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Self hand analysis

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi all

Been studying Chris Mormans book and also trying to go over some of my hands. 
Question:

How do you decide what hands to look over and what do you do to analyse? 
For example a problem I have is there are 100's hands played in an evening session and I struggle to find the key ones where my MTT may have changed or a leak in my game I keep making.
I find looking for big gains / losses is ok but if run deep becomes irrelevant some what and then smaller ones get missed.

I did think of making notes on hand numbers as I play but again sometimes I do not realise that was a mistake / important Hand of lost value.

Any advise on what you guys do would be great

Matt

Comments

• edited February 2015
    would probally look at my smaller losses, 

the big ones are nromally self explanatary, coolers and such,

but prob want to be looking at all the small losses, 

why small? is there alot are you limping alot, playing alot of hands oop and folding if u miss, playing lots of pretty hands etc

this is what im looking at, if we can get rid of all the small losses that were losing regulary and try and fix this to save money in the long run.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Self hand analysis:
    would probally look at my smaller losses,  the big ones are nromally self explanatary, coolers and such, but prob want to be looking at all the small losses,  why small? is there alot are you limping alot, playing alot of hands oop and folding if u miss, playing lots of pretty hands etc this is what im looking at, if we can get rid of all the small losses that were losing regulary and try and fix this to save money in the long run.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Thanks Chris

Just finding it a very long task at present to go into each hand and have a gander. I think my problem may be I have no set way of playing. Some mtt's I am pretty solid, others bet sizing all over the show, then a v loose few hands with uuuber aggression. If I play solid I seem to mess up the middle stage and either jump up or loose a big one forcing a hand.

Thanks for advise - maybe I will spend my time taking a pot range at a time