You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

has he bet one too many times and should have actually made a raise at some point?

edited February 2015 in The Poker Clinic
X's play UTG and UTG+1 will normally be TAG,  what i've noticed different about him is if the pot is unopened, he'll have a much greater hand range if in the CO, OTB or SB.

When I look at his actual name used it tells me he does like playing in tournaments and might well be taking his tournament style and using it in cash, it's got me into a manner where i might be able to 3bet my own range more frequently just to see where i'm at.

although LAG what i can say about this player is whilst doing bets he will put thought into what hands will be in my range.
citylawyer Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £22.89
Stew1 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £13.70
  Your hole cards
  • Q

salmonish Fold        
jackl Fold        
X Raise   £0.80 £1.10 £19.50
craigcu12 Call   £0.80 £1.90 £50.91
citylawyer Fold        
Stew1 Fold        
Flop

X Bet   £1.43 £3.33 £18.07
craigcu12 Call   £1.43 £4.76 £49.48
Turn

X Bet   £3.57 £8.33 £14.50
craigcu12 Call   £3.57 £11.90 £45.91
River

• J

X Bet   £8.93 £20.83 £5.57
craigcu12 ?

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Not much point in raising. If you are raising have a plan for subsequent streets.

Fold river.
  • edited February 2015
    Although I may be swayed by who I think the name is, I have to agree that I sigh fold the river.  Arguably should fold the turn as I think we are likely crushed here and not sure oppo is going to often be barreling with hands we beat...

Maybe worth calling pre to bet turn when oppo c-bet gives up on flops we miss (although as we've hit probably check behind in this example)... but otherwise calling QTo and calling down feels like a leak.

I'd probably prefer a 3b pre (as a steal), especially if you think he's opening fairly wide.