You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Double pts vs prioirty

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
I wonder if someone can explain.

I am currently on 9400 pts with a cash for pts (C4P) bonus of £190

I was going to get 10,000 pts which then converts my C4P into a % of the rake paid... For me this month its likely to be 20% if i did go over the 10k threshold 

Now here is the problem...

If 10,000pts equates to £1000 rake paid - 20% of that is £200; GREAT, or is it?

A lot of these pts have been accumulated though the double pts for sng weekends, which means i have paid less rake.

Does this mean then by achieving that 20% and entering prioirty this month is a negative option and im better off not playing on and just keeping the (as below the 10,000) as possible.. 

lets for arguements sake suggest all my points were achieved within the double points period. I would have then paid £500 rake to get into priority - 20% of £500 is £100 (I lose out on £90 on my current standing)

Just a slight flaw to the promo but one that would probably effect quite a few players..

I personally dont ever feel like the rewards of prioirty are worth the stress of trying to achieve it. 

Anyones thoughts would be appreciated. 

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Hi Hatman.

We guarantee all Priority players a minimum of 2p per point, meaning you don't have to be worried about being worse off!

In addition, you'll be entered into 2 Priority freerolls, amongst other benefits.

Hope this helps.

JP
    Priority Team.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Double pts vs prioirty:
    Hi Hatman. We guarantee all Priority players a minimum of 2p per point, meaning you don't have to be worried about being worse off! In addition, you'll be entered into 2 Priority freerolls, amongst other benefits. Hope this helps. JP Priority Team.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    even in double points boost every point is still guaranteed at 2p per point?? ie if I got 15 k it wud b 300pound, 20k 400pound?
  • edited February 2015
    Your correct, but it's worth remembering that this is just a guarantee, and rakeback could well be more. (Very likely at the 20k point, when rakeback is increased to 25%.

• edited February 2015
    Sky JP going above and beyond.  Looking after UKPC punters, dare I say nursing a hangover and answering forum questions. Give that man a medal!
  • edited February 2015
    Your correct, but it's worth remembering that this is just a guarantee, and rakeback could well be more. (Very likely at the 20k point, when rakeback is increased to 25%.
    Posted by Sky

ok m8 that's great cheers
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Double pts vs prioirty:
    I wonder if someone can explain. I am currently on 9400 pts with a cash for pts (C4P) bonus of £190 I was going to get 10,000 pts which then converts my C4P into a % of the rake paid... For me this month its likely to be 20% if i did go over the 10k threshold  Now here is the problem... If 10,000pts equates to £1000 rake paid - 20% of that is £200; GREAT, or is it? A lot of these pts have been accumulated though the double pts for sng weekends, which means i have paid less rake. Does this mean then by achieving that 20% and entering prioirty this month is a negative option and im better off not playing on and just keeping the (as below the 10,000) as possible..  lets for arguements sake suggest all my points were achieved within the double points period. I would have then paid £500 rake to get into priority - 20% of £500 is £100 (I lose out on £90 on my current standing) Just a slight flaw to the promo but one that would probably effect quite a few players.. I personally dont ever feel like the rewards of prioirty are worth the stress of trying to achieve it.  Anyones thoughts would be appreciated. 
    Posted by Hatman100

blatant brag imo mr hatman :)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Double pts vs prioirty : blatant brag imo mr hatman :)
    Posted by lurna
    :)