You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

my opologies sky an community

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
last night I couldn't register for up your game an put up a thread saying it was a shambles  which I agree was over the top and im sorry was just frustrated as its happened a few times in the past which I agree the engineers always sort out the problem so yes im guilty ov goin over the top I was only trying to enter what sky advertised an which I think is great of sky since ive been a member on here for 6 years they run great promotions of which im grateful and they give out some superb prizes so im deeply sorry for any offence taken. but what im not guilty for is receiving posts from members saying I shouldn't be moaning as I only earned 324 points in a month I play £1dyms up to £3dyms as that's wot my bankroll can afford and I feel comfortable at those levels as I do ok I cant afford to play higher stakes I play at least 5hrs a day at low levels which I think is a lot of poker that's why I only got 324 points last month i thought poker was to play and enjoy and play what you can afford to lose just because i play lower levels dosent mean to say my game is any better or worse than the guys who play higher levels so once again i apologise to sky and to the community if i annoyed anybody just wanted to get that of my chest sleep better tonigt lol

Comments

• edited March 2015
    In Response to my opologies sky an community:
    last night I couldn't register for up your game an put up a thread saying it was a shambles  which I agree was over the top and im sorry was just frustrated as its happened a few times in the past which I agree the engineers always sort out the problem so yes im guilty ov goin over the top I was only trying to enter what sky advertised an which I think is great of sky since ive been a member on here for 6 years they run great promotions of which im grateful and they give out some superb prizes so im deeply sorry for any offence taken. but what im not guilty for is receiving posts from members saying I shouldn't be moaning as I only earned 324 points in a month I play £1dyms up to £3dyms as that's wot my bankroll can afford and I feel comfortable at those levels as I do ok I cant afford to play higher stakes I play at least 5hrs a day at low levels which I think is a lot of poker that's why I only got 324 points last month i thought poker was to play and enjoy and play what you can afford to lose just because i play lower levels dosent mean to say my game is any better or worse than the guys who play higher levels so once again i apologise to sky and to the community if i annoyed anybody just wanted to get that of my chest sleep better tonigt lol
    Posted by cinnanati
    as far as i can see your completely right in all respects, you were wrong to moan about it instead of going through CC but im sure 95% of us have or will be guilty of that at some point. as for people moaning about the percieved lack of points you earnt or time you spent plaing poker, ignore them its none of their business, play as much as your BR will allow and at stakes your BR allows and only as long as your enjoying it.

This promo was aimed at the recreational players who dont play so much to give them a chance to earn something, play more poker and improve their game so your a perfect example of this. there will be plenty of promos for the people who play alot more to reep the rewards of.

best of luck at the tables

• edited March 2015
    I don't think anyone was moaning about what stakes you play (if they were they shouldn't have). The great thing about the promo was that it was very inclusive for pretty much the whole site, from the 12 hours a day grinders right down to the Jac35's on here.

Yes, Sky sometimes do mess things up, but it was clear there was a little teething problem last night, nothing more or major, and days before the first freeroll even starts! So to see thread after thread pop up with people pulling their hair out over something so trivial grates on me and many others.

Nice post, not many would come back with it so credit where its due, and good luck in the freerolls. I didn't even qualify for any of them :(
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: my opologies sky an community:
    . Nice post, not many would come back with it so credit where its due, and good luck in the freerolls. I didn't even qualify for any of them :(
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

+1 heart u back hhy ;-)

• edited March 2015
    I don't think anyone was moaning about what stakes you play (if they were they shouldn't have). The great thing about the promo was that it was very inclusive for pretty much the whole site, from the 12 hours a day grinders right down to the Jac35's on here. Yes, Sky sometimes do mess things up, but it was clear there was a little teething problem last night, nothing more or major, and days before the first freeroll even starts! So to see thread after thread pop up with people pulling their hair out over something so trivial grates on me and many others. Nice post, not many would come back with it so credit where its due, and good luck in the freerolls. I didn't even qualify for any of them :(
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    me neither,i guess i didnt up my game :)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: my opologies sky an community : me neither,i guess i didnt up my game :)
    Posted by stokefc
    Can I join the "didn't qualify for the freerolls group" too lol.   Gutted really as I did play a lot during the month - but obviously I played too much in January as my target was just too high to hit :(
  • edited March 2015
    Nice post, not many would come back with it so credit where its due, and good luck in the freerolls. I didn't even qualify for any of them :(
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

+1 to this sentiment :)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: my opologies sky an community : Can I join the "didn't qualify for the freerolls group" too lol.   Gutted really as I did play a lot during the month - but obviously I played too much in January as my target was just too high to hit :(
    Posted by IrishRose
    I qualified like a bossas only earnt bout 20 points in Jan lol, so im in all 3 freerolls, NOW HURRY UP CASH FOR POINTS lol
  • edited March 2015
    i missed out too having had a bigger January than normal :-(

• edited March 2015
    I'm a average 100 points per month player not much good but I enjoy playing and the banter on the tables

when I first looked at this promotion my first thought was its silly me spending another £25 to qualify for a free roll with a

possible 2500 runners but I persevered and got to 125 points, I played extra games and dyms and started the last day  of

February on 144 points played my usual 7-45 and 9-15 ds during the course of one of these games the table chat was that

the double points for dym's carried on till Monday I asked was that right as it was march tomorrow yes i was assured any

points earned over the weekend count towards the promotion.

so when the normal occurred and I was out of both fairly early  I went railing other players  and watched the out come of

the final tables by now with 147 points in the  bag  I went to play on the dym bagged another 2 points but as it was

nearing curfew time and i was shattered I took to my bed saying I would get the required point in the morning.

imagine my horror when I logged in on sunday   to be greeted with the information that I had earned 147 points in feb and

2 points in march.

hands up I had made a mistake taking what was said  on table chat as gospel I should have read the terms and conditions

for myself, I went to customer care the lad on chat wasn't quite sure of the promotion but his first response was that its

impossible for your points to be wrong.  I finally got through to him that being a dumb blond I had taken notice of wrong

advice given in the right spirit at the tables and as a gesture of goodwill would sky allow me to join the 150 point game

well jobs worthy would have none of it rules are rules after a while i finally got him to agree to go and seek his manager

the reply was that sky had been very good to me before crediting me with rebates when I'd claimed for major  connection

problems (a whole 2 i think.) which weren't my fault anyway and crediting points one occasion when I was credited with 1

point and then I had followed skys daily guide of you have x amount of points followed that earned the required points

and ended up on 99 instead of 100 when I queried it the points cant be wrong stock answer but in the end I got it and

received a whole £1  but no I could not join  the second tier game.

despite me pointing out that I was a nearly every night of the week player and nearly always a net  monthly loser and a

regular sky bet customer no  change of heart was forthcoming.

I said that i  thought they were not taking me seriously and on principle would be taking my business else where but didn't

want to leave the sky community as I had made a lot of friends that was when a entry into the4--00 freeroll was mentioned eeh  lol.

so from a promotion that is jointly aimed at getting sky customers to spend more money and giving the players the chance

to play in bigger tournaments against better players we end up with sky losing a loyal customer and a blond suffering from

with poker withdrawal symptoms like a alcoholic gagging for a drink  or  a smoker trying to kick the habit craving a cig.

has time to post war and peace on here how did it come to this over 3 points or a bit off goodwill.

just for good measure my points earned in my accounts says 147 for feb an e-mail this morning informed me that I had

earned 144 points in the February up your game promotion but the points are never wrong.

come on sky if left hand can rob 3 points off me surely the right hand can waive 3 especially with all those empty seats.
  • edited March 2015
    I don't think you've any one else to blame but yourself. The Terms & Conditions were very clear, the points period that counted was the February Cash For Points period, from the start of the 1st of Feb to the end of the 28th of Feb. Nothing personal, but I hope Sky don't credit you the extra 3 points or whatever from Feb and admit you to the freeroll, if they broke their rules and added you, why not the next non-qualifier and the next and so on?
  • edited March 2015
    hands up I had made a mistake taking what was said  on table chat as gospel I should have read the terms and conditions

fchd  as you see I had already  admitted my mistake and was appealing for a gesture of goodwill and whilst I agree that

everyone has the right to their opinion I think sometimes a bit off compassion could be applied in situations where people

have embraced the concept of the promotion and missed out due to a genuine mistake.
  • edited March 2015
    Hi DB

No other way of contacting you, can you drop me a private message plz.

Thanks.