You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday's live Sky Poker TV show with Rich and Ryan ***message thread***

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
In our little PLO8 community we have a nickname for the hand 8833.

"The Arsenal" (back 4).............2 useless pairs :-)

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Back once again with the renegade master! Well, back once again with Ryan anyway... Sky Poker TV LIVE Sunday 8th March 2015 7pm-midnight
    Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com
     With Richard ‘Still at the UKPC, even though everyone else has gone home’ Orford                           

...and Ryan "Wishes he'd been still at the UKPC after Day One" Spittles...                                             

And we go live from 7pm for another 5 hour fest of Sky Poker.com TV goodness. Featuring of course the main event-The £20K Super Roller from 8pm, The Final Table from Thursday's main event Sky Sports Bounty Hunter and from 8.45pm The Viva las Vegas Semi Final Satellite!
    Feel free to start sending in your messages now- I'll be reading them out on the show to everyone watching as soon as we go live and throughout the night.
    The best three tonight will win seats into Tuesday night's Turbo main event.
    And amongst all the usual coverage, we're also looking to come up with an... 

ALTERNATIVE POKER GLOSSARY

We just accept it's called the big blind and small blind don't we? But...what if we could start again and rename all the poker terms. Would we now call it the Little 'un and Big 'un? Would we be better off calling the river 'the death card'? Or the flop 'the spread'?

You get the idea.

Send in your genuinely sensible alternatives. Or your comedy not-so-sensible alternatives.

Cya @ 7 this Sunday. :-)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's live Sky Poker TV show with Rich and Ryan ***message thread***:
    In our little PLO8 community we have a nickname for the hand 8833. "The Arsenal" (back 4).............2 useless pairs :-)
    Posted by VespaPX

Very nice.
  • edited March 2015
    8th of March, right?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's live Sky Poker TV show with Rich and Ryan ***message thread***:
    8th of March , right?
    Posted by Slipwater

Didn't you know February is now an alternative to March !
  • edited March 2015
    8th of March , right?
    Posted by Slipwater

OMG- I checked and double-checked the date (8th) over and over again before posting. But completely forgot to amend the month!

#anotherepicOPfail
  • edited March 2015
    is it to early to say "great show" ;)

flop..turn...river instead blood,sweat,tears.

roll on august.ukpc

• edited March 2015
    I think we should re-name a brick card a concrete card in Tikay's honour.

Have a great show.
  • edited March 2015
    Great show so far chaps. Perchaps Rich you could throw some light on the great "Clive" scandal. Did you really break it or are you being wrongly accused? As the expenditure on Clive was the major part of Sky Pokers budget for the year (costing about £1.00 I believe) Will heads roll?
  • edited March 2015

Big Blind - Stab in the dark

Small Blind - Dipping your toe in

• edited March 2015
    How about a term for when someone keeps hitting what they require to beat you. Instead of just biting your tongue, you can refer to them as doing a Julian Thew.
  • edited March 2015
    Great suggestions so far guys. Please keep them coming.

Gonna choose the best 3 tonight for prizes, so it won't be a case of being pulled randomly from the hat. i.e. the better they are, the more chance they have of getting you a free shot at Tuesday's main.

:-)
  • edited March 2015
    As America seems to be the spiritual home of poker shouldn't we call chips fries?
  • edited March 2015
    Hi guys, looking forward to the show.

By the way Mr Orford.... How did the baggies get on in the last week against the pride of Birmingham?

Up The Villa!!!

Wembley here we come!!!!!

GG Baggies!!!!

• edited March 2015
    Hello Rich and Ryan absolutely fabulous show so far, my poker term would be the one outer for the villain on the river. You don't want it to come, you know it can come when it wants and you won't like it when it does come. We can call it
    " The Tikay". Cheers Chris aka Doylebrun, PS I like him really.
  • edited March 2015

Hi Richard, (Think you used to live near me in Bromsgrove)

Love the show will be tuned in tonight whilst I bink the super roller for the first time

BINK
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Richard, (Think you used to live near me in Bromsgrove) Love the show will be tuned in tonight whilst I bink the super roller for the first time BINK
    Posted by Itsover4u
    You cant bink it tonight sir

Im binking it for the 1st time tonight.....

Ill let you come 2nd!!
  • edited March 2015

Why are they called 'hole' cards? There is no hole. I've never seen anyone take a JCB and cut a hole into the felt on the table, not once.
    They should be called 'ante' cards, or if you divvy up beforehand then 'divvy' cards would be more appropriate.

• edited March 2015
    Ok new terminology for the cards then, why should poket kings be cowboys? what have rockets got to do with aces?
    Kings and Queens are royalty and an ace is a expert fighter pilot. So lets gor for AA is spitfires, KK is Henrys and QQ is Lizzies. It's time for the british terminology
  • edited March 2015
    Another great show tonight
    always is when ryry is involved
    catching on that ryry nickname eh

• edited March 2015
    How about these?

The Big blind = The Ulrich Rettig AKA our very own, Giant.
    &
    The Small blind = The Matt Bates ;)
  • edited March 2015
    How could kill clive Best thing ever on the show in years and you go and break it :(
  • edited March 2015
    Can I have this hand analysed please

Hand History #882446160 (23:42 06/03/2015)Master Cash 6

It could be JarvisGate all over again!

• edited March 2015
    Evening chaps.

Are you taking hand requests from Master Cash tables tonight? If so:

The general consensus has been that I should call the river here... but I've been bruised so often lately by people showing up with the near nuts here that I make the nit-fold. It's a weird line for the villain to take with one pair or a missed draw. So what do you gents think? Call because I'm getting better than 2/1 and he can have KJ or something odd?

Hand History #882900844 (00:05 08/03/2015) - Master Cash 22

You'll gather that I flatted the flop to allow draws or one-pair hands to keep betting. I don't really want to get it in there and then against a range that has good equity against me or has me in big trouble, presuming the villain doesn't stack off with just top-pair. 

I can't offer any great information on the villain because a) it was late and b) I'm not sure I was paying attention.

It's probably a mistake to fold... I know it's probably a mistake... I just wonder how mahoosive a mistake it really is.

Thank you.
  • S7NS7N
    edited March 2015
    Good show lads, just got in, so I am only 3 mins late. looking forward to a good night.

For the river - The rabbits nose?  nothing for the turn yet...
  • edited March 2015
    Perhaps the flop could be the "Potential", the turn could be the "Hope" and the river could be the "Dreamcrusher"!

• edited March 2015
    if we want to attract new players into poker why don't we make it more accessible

so how about

flop - the board's three
    turn - number 4
    river - number 5

not sexy - but isn't poker sexy enough already
  • S7NS7N
    edited March 2015
    Lol I think its best left where is...

• edited March 2015
    when holding AA, we always seem to get frustated, as we always want to be called but what we also want to happen is we win the hand , so maybe we should call it the wind up pair
  • edited March 2015

New poker terms....

REBUY - gotta be the re-ryry
    STRAIGHT - notthegaywaiter
    ROYALFLUSH - The Queen has been

Maybe more to follow.....but time to grind!
  • edited March 2015
    "THE DECISION"

Definition:

When playing against Stuart Rutter

The player has to decide whether to raise small or all in if they can't beat trips

Its a guaranteed fold by Stu either way

The decision is purely for street cred