You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Something a little different.

If we are sure they are jamming can we not limp?

^ Worked wonders in similar scenarios with players on 8bb and the BB ends up getting potstuck <3

Comments

• edited March 2015
    SB Small blind  1250.00 1250.00 5636.79
    BB Big blind  2500.00 3750.00 82274.29
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

GSmith13 Fold     
    Nev333 Fold    
    FT of an £11 BH. That lovely scenario of AA on the button, I'm playing around 30k so 12bb.

I'm pretty sure SB is gonna go for a spin, and BB likes to try and win head prizes, shall we say ;) So I know BB is at least calling if SB goes all in.

How much should I raise the button? A min raise means its an under raise if the BB just calls a SB shove and thus we no option but to take a flop, with the pot about 16k and me having 25k ish behind.

Is it more advantageous, with the BB being quite well stacked, to open raise enough (6k) to put the SB all in, the inevitable call from the BB and then I have the chance to re-open the betting.....fwiw I'm not concerned about playing face up vs BB as it's just way over his head, so could literally just click it back pre and have an even more favourable SPR.

Thoughts?

TIA.

Edit, I'm talking rubbish as per so replace the BIB with ''should I limp to be able to reopen the betting''
  • edited March 2015
    uh..... I'm confused how you can re-open the betting there? :) If SB can only call/or underaise and BB only calls, then you realise you don't get the option to re-open the betting?

I would limp because then we can re-open the betting + BB might do our job for us anyway and try and isolate SB.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Something a little different.:
    uh..... I'm confused how you can re-open the betting there? :) If SB can only call/or underaise and BB only calls, then you realise you don't get the option to re-open the betting? I would limp because then we can re-open the betting + BB might do our job for us anyway and try and isolate SB.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Ha yeah I've got myself in a muddle!

Option 1) limp to get SB all in and called in the BB, thus leaving all options open for me.

Option 2) standard raise which means we go 3 way to a flop and super under repped.

Thanks for pointing this out Ivan, wasn't concentrating when I posted! ;)

If option 1, click it back? Jam? Call?.....
  • edited March 2015
    Option 3 Fold pre do not risk it Mr H as you know sky is rigged like a big off shore oil thingy.
  • edited March 2015
    mr is std
    innit
    desperately trying to sound down with the kids
  • edited March 2015
    Just shove! :P
  • edited March 2015
    Whatever you do, you can't really go wrong! Being a FT, will mr bounty chaser still be as keen on getting a bounty? I mean I know people go crazy early on but that's when there's no ICM consideration... on FT, placing is obviously more important than bounties unless the person you are knocking out has a ridiculously high head prize and it's more than a pay jump.

Seems each way you play it will be similar, if not identical in ev. Would be more interesting if you had a few more BB (like 25bb) but it's just going to be so easy to get stacks in post w/e way you play it if BB likes his hand enough.