You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Live Tuesday Night Show Thread- with Rich and Tikay- Ch 861 and LIVE ON SKY SPORTS 4 @ 10PM!

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
Hey Rich,

You heard the one about an old bloke running deep in the UKPC!

Well you will tomorrow.

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Morning all! Hope you enjoyed last night's show, and of course it's not long now till the next one. Tomorrow night, in fact. Let's see if I can get the dates and times right for once... Sky Poker TV LIVE Tuesday 10th March 2015 7pm-midnight
    Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.comand LIVE in it's new slot on Tuesday nightson Sky Sports 4 10pm-midnight
     With Richard ‘I was at the UKPC and clearly working very hard’ Orford                                     

...and Tony "I was at the UKPC and clearly dossing around with the ladies and playing poker, instead of working' Kendall...                                             

We're live at the stroke of seven and amongst the goodies we'll bringing you will be The Final Table from Sunday's Super Roller from 7pm, live coverage of the main event- The £5K Turbo Open from 8pm, Mastercash action and Viva Las Vegas satellite action.
    ****BREAKING NEWS****We'll be simulcasting live tonight, rather than Thursday, on Sky Sports 4 from 10pm
    This thread exists, as ever, for you to post anything you'd like read out on the show. 
    And three people who write messages into the show will win Viva Las Vegas £3.2K Quarter Final seats.
    Amongst all the usual coverage, we also want you to pitch us... 

YOUR POKER CAREER: THE MOVIE

If they made a movie about your poker life, who would play the main parts? What sort of movie would it be? And what would it be called?

Mine would be a horror film. With Keanu Reeves playing the part of me, obviously. And Wilfred Brambles (from Steptoe and Son) playing the part of Tikay. It would follow the story of a talented poker prospect who was slowly turned into a complete nit and a bore at parties (talking only about pylons, concrete and ducks) by an old man who may, or may not, have been human. It would be called "The Whining".

You get the picture (pun intended).

Pitch us the film of your poker life and we'll see you on the morrow at 7.

:-)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: The Live Tuesday Night Show Thread- with Rich and Tikay:
    Hey Rich, You heard the one about an old bloke running deep in the UKPC! Well you will tomorrow.
    Posted by GELDY
    Lol. Yup. Although ultimately it will be a story about running deep...but not cashing. ;-)
  • edited March 2015
    Best double act since Laurel and Hardy :D
  • edited March 2015
    Best double act since Laurel and Hardy :D
    Posted by whitebeast
    Tikay was around before Laurel and Hardy. They copied him.
  • edited March 2015
    Great show so far, my favourite one to date.
  • edited March 2015
    Loved the show! I've been in tears laughing. And thanks for the prize :-)

• edited March 2015
    Loved the show! I've been in tears laughing. And thanks for the prize :-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Still haven't been entered for mine. Cmon sky
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: The Live Tuesday Night Show Thread- with Rich and Tikay : Tikay was around before Laurel and Hardy. They copied him.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Reminds me of when I was trying to introduce an ex-girlfriend of mine to the wonders of Laurel and Hardy a few years ago, and she (in all seriousness) turned to me and said: "It's hardly original - I saw Steve Martin doing that."

Suffice to say, I had to kill that relationship shortly thereafter.
  • edited March 2015
    Ok so which one of you wants to be The Bad and which one The Ugly?

Well it is a film about Bounty Hunters and the pursuit of gold.

Clint plays me obviously.

Although to be fair my actual poker playing career is probably more like Rocky up to the point of the Apollo Creed fight, maybe one day I'll have my Rocky II moment?

Viva Las Vegas!
  • edited March 2015
    My poker movie would be called "assault on the poker world"

It would follow me as young man playing poker for drinks down the stocks pub, turning from an ammature to a knowledgable ammature over a period of twos years. Much like the film "assault on wall market"would spend 3/4 film building up to the action, a trip to the UKPC. I would plan, hussle and finally bink a seat to get a shot at the poker title, only to bust out on level one in a blaze of action flops and terrible call downs.. The final scene will show me walking away, wounded, but with a free seat to another sat, but this time the journey will be to VLV

Eddie murphy would play me, my backer, my bank manager, my opponents and my wife

Have a great show guys, assault on the main and mini will be in full flow this evening

Matt
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: The Live Tuesday Night Show Thread- with Rich and Tikay : Reminds me of when I was trying to introduce an ex-girlfriend of mine to the wonders of Laurel and Hardy a few years ago, and she (in all seriousness) turned to me and said: "It's hardly original - I saw Steve Martin doing that." Suffice to say, I had to kill that relationship shortly thereafter.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Wow. That's incredible. And you're right Brian, an absolute deal-breaker.
  • edited March 2015
    Loving the movie suggestions.

More please!

My favourite three tonight will win seats into the £3.2K Thursday night Viva Las Vegas Quarter-Final.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: The Live Tuesday Night Show Thread- with Rich and Tikay : Reminds me of when I was trying to introduce an ex-girlfriend of mine to the wonders of Laurel and Hardy a few years ago, and she (in all seriousness) turned to me and said: "It's hardly original - I saw Steve Martin doing that." Suffice to say, I had to kill that relationship shortly thereafter.
    Posted by Slipwater

she has quite an advanced sense of humour.  it was never going to last, slippy.

• edited March 2015
    Three of a Kind

A coming-of-age comedy about a set of buxom triplets who go on a road trip across the United States after they have left high school. They play poker at a variety of establishments across the country and find themselves in all manner of ill-timed and unfortunate situations, including: being implicated in an armed robbery; inadvertently sitting in a game with mobsters; and - of course - falling in love with the wrong boy. Watch as Toni, Brandi, and Shauni are chased by the FBI and hunted by an escaped serial killer ... all while wearing only string bikinis, clear heels, and running through sprinklers for no apparent plot-advancing reason.

Oh right... about me you say?

Okay, fine. Start again.
  • edited March 2015
    My poker film could be a twist on the latest remake of 'Brewster's Millions', tasked to lose a set amount of money at the poker tables in a set amount of time.

If I succeed I am rewarded with a much larger sum of money for my troubles and therefore be rolled to continue my poker adventure in an as-yet-untitled sequel where I try to make it big in Vegas.

The film, with Johnny Vegas cast in the lead role, will trace the tales of my abysmal decisions at the poker table, making losing plays but continually being thwarted by my talented luckboxing that results in increasingly odds-defying victories that repeatedly put my eventual success in doubt... with plenty of comedic moments supplied by the reactions of those on the other end of my bad beats.
  • edited March 2015
    my film would be about me going bust so many times then going to vegas and smashing the main event and heads up v my current hero daniel negranu and taking him out with 6 4 off suit that would be great . im dreaming now lol
  • edited March 2015
    i seem to remember having this question many moons ago
    my answer then was a complicated love triangle with the presenter and analyst that evening
  • edited March 2015
    NO!
    It was Anna and Jen
  • edited March 2015
    i seem to remember having this question many moons ago my answer then was a complicated love triangle with the presenter and analyst that evening
    Posted by GELDY

ed giddins and matt broughton?

• edited March 2015
    Rich,

How about a few words in memory of Sam Simon, co-creator of The Simpsons, and WSOP regular.

• edited March 2015
    My film would be PSYCHO

All about the 'mother' who consistently thrashes the motel owner (who is in actual fact an aging 80+ year old man and considerably older tham the 'mother), she drives him slowly insane with her consistant winning of every pot in their nightly game of PLO8, that it drives him to do some very strange things, in particular getting Rochdale mixed up with Bury!!!

The 'mother' would obviously be played by someone like erm Angelina Jolie (?) and the little old man would be played that guy sat next Rich, cant remember his name.

See ya soon

Mother

xxxx

PS get back to the PLO8 tables Kendall we miss you!!!

• edited March 2015
    My film would be PSYCHO All about the 'mother' who consistently thrashes the motel owner (who is in actual fact an aging 80+ year old man and considerably older tham the 'mother), she drives him slowly insane with her consistant winning of every pot in their nightly game of PLO8, that it drives him to do some very strange things, in particular getting Rochdale mixed up with Bury!!! The 'mother' would obviously be played by someone like erm Angelina Jolie (?) and the little old man would be played that guy sat next Rich, cant remember his name. See ya soon Mother xxxx PS get back to the PLO8 tables Kendall we miss you!!!  
    Posted by Amarie

Haha love it :-))
  • edited March 2015
    Jules I'm sorry but it was you presenting that night.  But it was definitely anna in the story

Turn & turn again
    the sequel to three for the flop
    in which Anna, newly single, reappears on the scene

Sold down the river
    the sequel to the sequel
    in which Sean Connery meets Rich Orford and they explore their sexuality leaving the lovely ladies in the lurch.
    fortunately a group of poker players who had been watching from the sidelines ride to the rescue of the damsels in distress
  • edited March 2015
    And you can blame Sir Gary for the original story line
  • edited March 2015
    Hello
    Mr Rich and Mr Tikay

My poker movie would be Titanic     It as sank without trace

Buffa

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: The Live Tuesday Night Show Thread- with Rich and Tikay- Ch 861 and LIVE ON SKY SPORTS 4 @ 10PM!:
    And you can blame Sir Gary for the original story line
    Posted by GELDY
    I wish to claim I innocent, as long as you realise that proves nothing
  • edited March 2015
    Have a great show both.

My poker film would be Dawn of the (drawing) dead.  Me, played by Adrian Chiles with a stick on beard, (he needs the work now after being sacked from the footy) plays the world series of zombie poker until I get heads up just before daybreak and get it in on the turn only to find I'm drawing dead.  The winning zombie then gets to eat my brains setting up the sequal where I am the zombie.

Hollywood should be queing up for it!
  • edited March 2015
    guilty as charged

T on SkyPoker.com
    First: 26/5/2010
    Last: 10/3/2015
    Looking forward to the show and faultless so far.
    The film.
    Title : - Three for the flop

Plot :- A love triangle tale of a man trying to make it as a poker pro, whilst struggling to choose between his two loves the georgeous Jules Sowa and the beautiful Jen mason.
    Actor :- Sean connery.
  • edited March 2015
    Thanks for the mention ..... ! im not sure if I should be chuffed
    or not with what you called me!
    You wouldnt humour me (im still chuffed!) and show a hand from my win ! 

Hand History #883366661 (23:38 08/03/2015)

from sundays mini!
    TY
  • edited March 2015
    Great Show So Far Guys!

My film would have to be called ICE OF THE TIGER.

It would be the story of a young cub and his travails in trying to establish himself as a poker player. From the wild tundra of Siberia, he battles against the odds to earn his stripes and become a SKY Poker regular!