You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

will it ever end

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
i believe im on a tilt i cant win a hand for rubbish just see this for example
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
luckymuzzy Sit out     
luke446 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £17.75
sim75 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £139.67
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

CUEBOY45 Call  £0.50 £1.25 £45.17
WildDog Fold     
Leroybrown Raise  £2.00 £3.25 £48.00
luke446 Call  £1.75 £5.00 £16.00
sim75 Raise  £7.50 £12.50 £132.17
CUEBOY45 Fold     
Leroybrown Fold     
luke446 Call  £6.00 £18.50 £10.00
Flop

• J

luke446 Check     
sim75 Bet  £10.00 £28.50 £122.17
luke446 All-in  £10.00 £38.50 £0.00
luke446 Show

sim75 Show
  • K
  • K

Turn

River

luke446 Win Full House, 10s and 4s

Comments

• edited January 2010
    did i not raise enough pre flop
  • edited January 2010
    and the funny thing was as well i was playing a 11 dym i busted aces next hand i get aces they too get busted only to have them again and still lose so in 3 hands 3 lots of aces all lose lol funny little world lol
  • edited January 2010
    just unlucky but you were almost 2 buyins up, so cant win a hand surely isnt accurate... i'm normally reloading there!!!
  • edited January 2010

The Raise was fine Sim, but folks often won't let go of Tens, & in many cases, they are correct. In most cases they are racing, so it's not an unreasonable pre-flop Call. 

Just shrug your shoulders & move on, it's part & parcel of poker. Underpairs do bink sometimes. Mostly they don't though. And that's your edge.

Hope you & Sheffield are well. You in TKO tonight?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: will it ever end:
    did i not raise enough pre flop
    Posted by sim75
    I'd probably raise to about £9 with a raise and a call. I don't think it makes much difference though, I don't think the short stack is throwing his 10's away whatever you make it and you don't want him to.
    Unlucky.

Salazar
  • edited January 2010

By the bye, Sim, if you play enough poker, & get K-K, say, 100 times - they WILL get beat 20 or so times. It's the very beauty of the game. Because some days, it is YOU with the Tens.

We can't have our cake & eat it I'm afraid.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: will it ever end : I'd probably raise to about £9 with a raise and a call. I don't think it makes much difference though, I don't think the short stack is throwing his 10's away whatever you make it and you don't want him to. Unlucky. Salazar
    Posted by salazar
    Says it better than I ever could.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: will it ever end : Says it better than I ever could.
    Posted by Tikay10

Very nice of you to say tikay, I'm still going to give you and your mob a good kicking tonight though :)

Salazar
  • edited January 2010
    With regard to the original question:

No, it doesn't end. Get used to it :)
  • edited January 2010
    its still happening folks ak verses aq u guessed correct q on river for 49 pound pot this is just getting silly now
  • edited January 2010
    post the hand please sim
  • edited January 2010
    Roxanne1 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £21.75
    sim75 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £45.01
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

ICRUSHU Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £52.31
    hotpotato Raise  £4.50 £6.75 £59.08
    Redsniper All-in  £16.21 £22.96 £0.00
    dub1 Fold     
    Roxanne1 Fold     
    sim75 Call  £15.71 £38.67 £29.30
    ICRUSHU Fold     
    hotpotato Fold     
    sim75 Show
    • A
    • K

Redsniper Show
    • Q
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

• Q

Redsniper Win Two Pairs
  • edited January 2010
    noyhin wrong with either players play, just them d a m  cards sim
  • edited January 2010
    Roxanne1 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £21.75 sim75 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £45.01   Your hole cards A K       ICRUSHU Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £52.31 hotpotato Raise   £4.50 £6.75 £59.08 Redsniper All-in   £16.21 £22.96 £0.00 dub1 Fold         Roxanne1 Fold         sim75 Call   £15.71 £38.67 £29.30 ICRUSHU Fold         hotpotato Fold         sim75 Show A K       Redsniper Show Q A       Flop     2 6 9       Turn     6       River     Q       Redsniper Win Two Pairs
    Posted by sim75

Your just having a bad run of cards and situations it happens to us all! Like previous posters said you need to get used to it, there is no need to start a new thread every time this happens

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: will it ever end : Your just having a bad run of cards and situations it happens to us all! Like previous posters said you need to get used to it, there is no need to start a new thread every time this happens
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    What Greg means is DONT START A NEW THREAD EVERY TIME YOU LOSE A HAND!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    You need to take a step (or 20) back and have a look at what is happening here.

Don't be results oriented, you need to think in a way that most of the time this happens you will come out on top meaning you played the hand profitably. Yes you're gona lose sometimes so learn to deal with it or move down where the money doesn't mean much to you. Think critically if you play a hand badly, and if you just got unlucky, man up and move on.

PS, apologies if this causes offense, but this is an example of a whingebucket thread.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: will it ever end : What Greg means is DONT START A NEW THREAD EVERY TIME YOU LOSE A HAND!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Seagull158
    True!

Just post them under phil12luckboxuk's "bad beat" thread, it was set up for this purpose
  • edited January 2010

I actually feel a little sorry for Sim, & would like to be able to help her.

The thing is, beats DO happen, but she struggles to accept them, & until she does, she will not get the enjoyment out of poker. (She is a much-improved player, imo). I can clearly recall her A-Q busting my A-K in a Tourney - it happens, & we just accept it, & move on, next case. It's always been so, & always will be so. Poker contains a huge element of luck, & just as well, as it levels the playing field & gives everyone a chance.

"Form" comes in "runs", too. That's the way it is.

If we struggle to accept these beats, well.......
  • edited January 2010
    Then my best advice is to move down where the bad beats don't sting so much.
  • edited January 2010
    Hello Sim,

Badbeats are part and parcel of the game. Is the fact you come on whinging about them going to change the outcome of the hands? No. Is it going to tilt you and make you play worse? Yes.

My advice is get used to badbeats if you can't your playing the wrong game this is Poker just because you have the best hand preflop doesn't mean your entitled to win the hand. Its a 5 card game. 

No offence but nobody wants to hear or see badbeats their totally boring - everyone gets them and its how you deal with them that counts. I guarantee you, you will dish out your fair few back but your selective memory will only let you remember the ones you had against you rather than the ones you dished out. It will even out trust me.

I hope this hasn't come across as harsh and I wish you all the best of luck for the future.
  • edited January 2010
    I actually feel a little sorry for Sim, & would like to be able to help her. The thing is, beats DO happen, but she struggles to accept them, & until she does, she will not get the enjoyment out of poker. (She is a much-improved player, imo). I can clearly recall her A-Q busting my A-K in a Tourney - it happens, & we just accept it, & move on, next case. It's always been so, & always will be so. Poker contains a huge element of luck, & just as well, as it levels the playing field & gives everyone a chance. "Form" comes in "runs", too. That's the way it is. If we struggle to accept these beats, well.......
    Posted by Tikay10
    What a nice post TK. I sympathise with Sim and with everyone who gets bad beats, including me (and I had KK busted by 10 2o this pm, ALLIN I hasten to add. Only the good Lord knows why the calling station on my left stayed true to form and made the call). It happens to all of us.
    Sim - I feel for you. Make sure you post when you hand out a bad beat, which you surely will soon.
  • edited January 2010
    I actually feel a little sorry for Sim, & would like to be able to help her. The thing is, beats DO happen, but she struggles to accept them, & until she does, she will not get the enjoyment out of poker. (She is a much-improved player, imo). I can clearly recall her A-Q busting my A-K in a Tourney - it happens, & we just accept it, & move on, next case. It's always been so, & always will be so. Poker contains a huge element of luck, & just as well, as it levels the playing field & gives everyone a chance. "Form" comes in "runs", too. That's the way it is. If we struggle to accept these beats, well.......
    Posted by Tikay10
    I agree  that Sim is a very good player. The 22 deepstacks are not easy to win and she had won a few times and has got the better of me and others on several occasions.

I too am happy to help in any way, i was just pointing out that there is no need for duplicate threads of this nature imo. One is enough.
  • edited January 2010
    i never mind losing but this spell has cost me my 650 br and ive topped up 400 so in all im almost 1000 down and to think i ended last year 3.50 up lol like the people who play me alot know i never mind losing its just some beats are harder to deal with i think i may take gregs advice and take some time out and lets see where i go from then lol so another word see u in 5 mins lol
  • edited January 2010
    sim play smaller stakes then, or just keep depositing if you can afford it... keep posting hands though (not just where you lose) and we (the community) will try to help you with advice. That AK hand was just ul so forget it.
  • edited January 2010
    them beats lol
    SHY-BOY Small blind  40.00 40.00 14345.00
    penguin7 Big blind  80.00 120.00 4310.00
      Your hole cards

sim75 Raise  160.00 280.00 13190.00
    SHY-BOY Fold     
    penguin7 Call  80.00 360.00 4230.00
    Flop

• K

penguin7 Bet  320.00 680.00 3910.00
    sim75 Call  320.00 1000.00 12870.00
    Turn

• K

penguin7 Bet  1000.00 2000.00 2910.00
    sim75 Call  1000.00 3000.00 11870.00
    River

penguin7 All-in  2910.00 5910.00 0.00
    sim75 Call  2910.00 8820.00 8960.00
    penguin7 Show

sim75 Show

penguin7 Win Full House, 6s and
  • edited January 2010
    sim i dont get how you can call that all the way down with just 88, usually they have you here (and they did on the river), what did you put them on? I know you was ahead until the river this time but other times you wont.