You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

For those of you mass tabling...

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
Anything more than 12 tables... what spec compooters are you playing on? 

Mainly just interested in the general views for min required cpu & ram & graphics card(?) to be able to mass without lag... 

i3? i5? i7?.... 

chgeers 

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Love the term "mass tabling" lol 
    No idea how they do it, I can only play one! :)
  • edited March 2015
    haha.  

My computer falls over if i play more then 6-8, seems like i need to upgrade. 
  • edited March 2015
    I have pretty much the lowest spec comp of any poker player I know, but I can 12 table on here fine.

I used to 12table cash on here fine with no lag. Now I play MTTs mostly so don't play exclusively on Sky but I play on 4 different sites at once and often have 12 tables running again with no lag.

Spec is low...

Toshiba laptop, i3, 2.53GHz
    4Gb RAM
    Just standard integrated graphics
    (running windows 7 64bit fwiw)
  • edited March 2015
    Thanks Paul - I think I need to upgrade to an intel processor - just not sure which number to go for, i7 seems like overkill - pc is coming up to 6 years old.  I think that might be part of the problems as well, bossing 8gig of ram but on an AMD... meh 
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: For those of you mass tabling...:
    Love the term "mass tabling" lol  No idea how they do it, I can only play one! :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    I wondered if someone was discussing a number of matters on different threads, would they be mass debating?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: For those of you mass tabling... : I wondered if someone was discussing a number of matters on different threads, would they be mass debating?
    Posted by tsarina
    Harry does this a lot ! :-))
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: For those of you mass tabling... : Harry does this a lot ! :-))
    Posted by VespaPX
    Harry asked me last week if i needed help with my hands.  - I do hope he was talking about poker #innocentface
  • edited March 2015

My ears are burning.

Again.

• edited March 2015
    I have a macbook and am able to run 10-12 tables of sky plus another 6-8 on other sites fine.

Was able to do 20 sky on a really old 5 year old comp pre Apple fanboy.

Poker sites aren't that intensive so assume anything reasonbly upto date will be perfect for your needs for a few years.

• edited March 2015
    Thanks - basically sounds like my pooter is broken. Time for a reformat i think... and then if that doesnt work. time to spend some money, argh. 
  • edited March 2015

I get terrible headaches if I play more than 2 tables. It's due to eye-strain but nothing I do solves it. I've tried focussing on distant objects, take the 5 minute breaks away from the table, dim the lights, minimise glare, wearing sunglasses, even got a new screen - you name it, I've tried it. Laptop, PC, it doesn't matter; the headaches inevitably come.

Those who play 10 or 12 tables - have you ever had this problem and what did you do to solve it?

• edited March 2015
    I get terrible headaches if I play more than 2 tables. It's due to eye-strain but nothing I do solves it. I've tried focussing on distant objects, take the 5 minute breaks away from the table, dim the lights, minimise glare, wearing sunglasses, even got a new screen - you name it, I've tried it. Laptop, PC, it doesn't matter; the headaches inevitably come. Those who play 10 or 12 tables - have you ever had this problem and what did you do to solve it?
    Posted by BigBluster
    I've started to get it very occasionally recently, but tends to only be when I do very long sessions.

I dunno if you've already went down this route but my first suggestion would be to go and get an eye test. My girlfriend had similar issues when spending long periods of time on a comp, she got an eye test and now has glasses just to wear when doing things like being a computer for a long time/reading etc.

I'm gonna be going for an eye test soon myself because it's happened the odd time.
  • edited March 2015
    I have an i7 and my PC still crashes 20 times a day trying to play 16 tables.
  • edited March 2015
    What the? 

Please say this isn't true? 

How is that even possible.