You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
I think there should not be any rebuys on points games, because players play stupidly, and go all in hands in proper game they normally would not play, they do this because its to easy to get another 2000 chips for 50p, they would not do this if they went out of the game. I know this is good business for sky poker, I think sky poker should think of any way for players to use these poker points.
Cheers Everready

Comments

• edited March 2015
    When are sky going to catch up with the other sites and offer merchandise that can be bought with poker points? 
    It's great advertising with players wearing clothing, hats, chip gaurds etsc and encourages players to play more in order to gain enough points, a win/win for sky and a lot of happy players :D
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Buy With Points?:
    When are sky going to catch up with the other sites and offer merchandise that can be bought with poker points?  It's great advertising with players wearing clothing, hats, chip gaurds etsc and encourages players to play more in order to gain enough points, a win/win for sky and a lot of happy players :D
    Posted by _CLUEDO_

i like this idea, id buy a sky poker chips set, or sky hoodie hat plus many other things im sure!
  • edited March 2015
    OP - if people are willing to rebuy in a freeroll, which many do, why would sky change this??

2nd post - I like this idea, would be great to see some kind of 'online shop' where you could use up your points :)
  • edited March 2015
    If they opened a shop you would have to get less Cash for points/rewards payments to make up for it.

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: points:
    If they opened a shop you would have to get less Cash for points/rewards payments to make up for it.
    Posted by stuarty117

not really mate its pretty easy to get 33% rakeback on most sites and they have the shop option. lowest levels get around 10% at the moment
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: points : not really mate its pretty easy to get 33% rakeback on most sites and they have the shop option. lowest levels get around 10% at the moment
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Dont get me wrong it would be great to have a shop option.

But Skys promos are some of the best i can see compared to some sites. e.g. are there many sites giving away so many packages to vegas. So if they had a shop just think there would be less promos to help pay for it.

• edited March 2015
    I would agree the points issue comes up a lot and thy are pointless. I use the points as a way to gage how much money I have gambled in the month. Get 1000 points, I know I have gambled at least £1000 in the month.

What you have to remember is sky is like a local corner shop compared to a supermarket in the poker world.  Benefits are plenty of local regulars you recognise, family feel to it and everything you need, just a little more expensive. Yeah merchandise is great but is a significant cost and there are not the sort of numbers across the site to make it a good business idea.

As mentioned above, the promotions on sky are second to none. Would you be happier if sky made the social freerole at weekends 250 points to play? £60k in freeroles over 3 weeks this month. Every day a freerole into a MTT of some kind.

Do not forget sky also run the tv channel. If you had a choice would you want a hat with sky logo on to habe on while playing in front of laptop or to watch / learn and interact with the presenters and experts 3 times a week? 
  • edited March 2015
    My opinion is that people only want to use them up because they keep seeing how many they have... if they can only be used for freerolls then im sure if sky labelled them "freeroll tokens" no one would moan about them... 
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: points : Dont get me wrong it would be great to have a shop option. But Skys promos are some of the best i can see compared to some sites. e.g. are there many sites giving away so many packages to vegas. So if they had a shop just think there would be less promos to help pay for it.
    Posted by stuarty117
    Sky aren't "giving" away packages to Vegas.
    They are putting packages up for players to win which will have 0 overlay and will make sky many thousands in rake.

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: points : Sky aren't "giving" away packages to Vegas. They are putting packages up for players to win which will have 0 overlay and will make sky many thousands in rake.
    Posted by macapaca
    Hi Maca

They are definitly giving away 3. Ok so you have to get 25 points in a week.

Also 2 FRs everynight to get into 1/4 for vegas so there is a possibility that some people may get more packages for free.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: points : Hi Maca https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/VivaLasVegasFreerolls They are definitly giving away 3. Ok so you have to get 25 points in a week. Also 2 FRs everynight to get into 1/4 for vegas so there is a possibility that some people may get more packages for free.
    Posted by stuarty117
    But how much rake will they pay?
  • edited March 2015
    Get you now around £1 each to get there 10 points. I make that automatically never really thought about it.
  • edited March 2015
    Sky dont offer aything like rest of the poker rooms online  regarding rake back / freerolls / promotions ......Like some of the bigger sites do 

you have two option either player here get poor rakeback and promotios ...or move to other sites that offer much better options regading all of the above 

pokerstars being the best ( but tough to win ) hence why they have over 200k players on there at any one time 

My guess is a lot of players here put with with poor rakeback  here because the site is soft  and there win rate is better than they would get on other sites 
  • edited March 2015
    Get you now around £1 each to get there 10 points. I make that automatically never really thought about it.
    Posted by stuarty117
    All this stealth rake is killing the game ;)
  • edited March 2015
    What better way for sky to advertise than having merchandice  and even better sky catch up with the online competition and have an online shop where u can use your points to buy such items, it still baffles me that sky only have small numbers on the site when poker is in boom time.If I owned this site I would be looking at my  pr team and my sales team and wondering what im paying them for with the small numbers on the site.this site is here to make money so surely to make money u have to sell the product and to do that u have to compete with the other sites which means u have to match them or better them,this online shop thing has been mentioned many times sky say they listen to its customers well listen act and deploy simples
  • edited March 2015
    May sound a tad controversial here, but I think rebuys and top ups etc should be banned completely. WHy give a player who has donked out of a tourny another bite of the cherry? Never understood it tbh.
  • edited March 2015
    May sound a tad controversial here, but I think rebuys and top ups etc should be banned completely. WHy give a player who has donked out of a tourny another bite of the cherry? Never understood it tbh.
    Posted by beckaza
    maybe cause it makes the tournament more fun + increases the prize-pool. If players donk out tournament then that can only be good for you cause it means you might be the one to benefit from their chips.
  • edited March 2015
    True it boosts the prize fund, but how many tournaments in other games/sports do you see players/teams who have been knocked out being able to buy back in? IMO it suits those with bigger bankrolls who can afford to play aggressively at the start of a tournament.