You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Side pot rules

edited March 2015 in The Poker Clinic
Am hoping someone can clear up a disagreement!

Please can someone advise how a pot would be split in the following situation.

Playing Texas Holdem tournament.

Player 1 Simon - all in - 10 chips - best hand pair of aces.
Player 2 Alberto - all in - 100 chips - best hand pair of jacks
Player 3 Richard - all in - 120 chips - best hand pair of kings

Would really appreciate it if someone could let me know how the chips would be split in this scenario.

Thanks

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Simon is in for 10 chips so wins 10 chips off Alberto and 10 off Richard plus his own 10 back (he collects 30 total)

Richard gets the rest cos he has ALberto covered and has a better hand.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Side pot rules:
    Am hoping someone can clear up a disagreement! Please can someone advise how a pot would be split in the following situation. Playing Texas Holdem tournament. Player 1 Simon - all in - 10 chips - best hand pair of aces. Player 2 Alberto - all in - 100 chips - best hand pair of jacks Player 3 Richard - all in - 120 chips - best hand pair of kings Would really appreciate it if someone could let me know how the chips would be split in this scenario. Thanks
    Posted by Catcher_26
    Simon would treble up, taking the small side pot, winning 10 chips from both Alberto and Richard. Alberto would be out as he loses to Richard and is covered by Richard. Richard would take the larger pot, but would lose 10 chips from his stack as well as Alberto's (the small side pot). Therefore Richard would have 200 chips. 

Hope I explained that clearly.
  • edited March 2015
    Great - Thank you