You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Get your Betting boots on"

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat

Did you know how that expression originated?

Or the story about the punter that could plce bets 12 hours AFTER the race had finished - & still lost fortunes?

Roll up, roll up, read all about it......

http://bit.ly/1BAotQ8

Comments

• edited March 2015

Great read Tikay ,totally agree with your sentiments about AP McCoy and phil taylor, have met both and there both top blokes too. I kinda got the feeling yesterday that  AP McCoy may be reconsidering his retirement decision after his interview on the telly after that great ride, really hope so..
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "Get your Betting boots on":
    Great read Tikay ,totally agree with your sentiments about AP McCoy and phil taylor, have met both and there both top blokes too. I kinda got the feeling yesterday that  AP McCoy may be reconsidering his retirement decision after his interview on the telly after that great ride, really hope so..
    Posted by FINS
    Thanks FINS, appreciated.

I've not met AP in person, but I've played "live" poker a few times with Phil Taylor, suffice to say he had better not give up the day job. 

In an age of armchair critics, where we sit at home shouting at the TV & on forums telling Rory, Rooney, AP or Andy Murray how useless they are, usually because our bet has gone south, to me, its a delight to be able to watch these masters of their craft at work thanks to the miracle of TV & the Internet.

As to my article, I've had a bit of a change of role, and as a result, I've had 5 pieces of Content published on Sky Poker this week, 3 of which were also published on SportingLife.com, so I'm pretty chuffed about that. I wrote each piece first thing in the morning, for 5 days straight. Fingers crossed, unless they rumble me, the articles will continue, though not on a daily basis, Cheltenham is a bit more intense than most sporting events. If I can get it past the Editor, there may be a piece about Sunday's Australian F1 GP published tomorrow. We shall see. For starters, I've not written it yet, lol. 

My stuff is deliberately written in a left-field style, as if talking to mates down the pub, but that's only because I can't write "properly".

An old dog learning new tricks? Love it, whether I fail or not.   

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "Get your Betting boots on" : Thanks FINS, appreciated.   I've not met AP in person, but I've played "live" poker a few times with Phil Taylor, suffice to say he had better not give up the day job.  In an age of armchair critics, where we sit at home shouting at the TV & on forums telling Rory, Rooney, AP or Andy Murray how useless they are, usually because our bet has gone south, to me, its a delight to be able to watch these masters of their craft at work thanks to the miracle of TV & the Internet. As to my article, I've had a bit of a change of role, and as a result, I've had 5 pieces of Content published on Sky Poker this week, 3 of which were also published on SportingLife.com, so I'm pretty chuffed about that. I wrote each piece first thing in the morning, for 5 days straight. Fingers crossed, unless they rumble me, the articles will continue, though not on a daily basis, Cheltenham is a bit more intense than most sporting events. If I can get it past the Editor, there may be a piece about Sunday's Australian F1 GP published tomorrow. We shall see. For starters, I've not written it yet, lol.  My stuff is deliberately written in a left-field style, as if talking to mates down the pub, but that's only because I can't write "properly".   An old dog learning new tricks? Love it, whether I fail or not.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Don't ever change the style you write in Tony.
    Love every article even if it's on a subject that doesn't interest me much.
    It's the way it's written that makes it a must read.

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: "Get your Betting boots on" : Don't ever change the style you write in Tony. Love every article even if it's on a subject that doesn't interest me much. It's the way it's written that makes it a must read.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks Mick. I have no choice, I can't change, it's the only way I know.

Today's task is to write a piece on the F1 Australian Grand Prix, & make it look like I know what I'm talking about. Neat trick, if I pull that one off.