You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Getting the fun back into poker, via TKO

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

These TKO nights are just so much fun.

There are Railers, & Anti-Railers, folks doing karaoke in the chat-box, singing, jokes, mock abuse, banter, the whole thing is so good-humoured. I wonder if it's because really, there is no "money pressure"? And not a whinge-bucket in sight.

We had 5 of them in TKO 1, (some of us had a £1,000 Freeroll, too!), then tonight was the first of 5 in TKO II. So we have 4 more of these still to come, including Omaha, which should be a bit special.

And the weird thing? We don't pay a penny to Enter, it's all for free. And there is £4,000 up for grabs.

Sometimes, there is a danger in life of not appeciating the good things until it's too late.

I'm gonna enjoy all of these, & it won't cost me a bean.

What's not to like in that?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Agreed!! Nice to be able to play in a fun environment after the last few days. Congrats tonight again Tikay.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Getting the fun back into poker, via TKO:
    Agreed!! Nice to be able to play in a fun environment after the last few days. Congrats tonight again Tikay.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Exactly my thoughts Phil.
  • edited January 2010
    "What's not to like in that?"

YOU!

lol
  • edited January 2010
    bring back Tikay1 I say
  • edited January 2010
    bring back Tikay1 I say
    Posted by oynutter
    If u do a player search for Tikay, there is also a tikay2 and a tikayskid

4 too many Tikays IMO
  • edited January 2010
    I think there's something funny goin on ere!

they are definitely not the same chap---tikay1 is a lovely fella
      this bloke just seems bent on causing trouble
  • edited January 2010
    yea it was fun tonight... i think i finished about 150th ish... something like that so not too bad. i wander if any random players have names like sky_joe or something so that they look like they are working for sky lol. Wish i had thought of that when i created my table name :(
  • edited January 2010
    I tell you something whoever at Sky Poker came up with the concept deserves a lot of recognition because it is without doubt the best entertainment you can have on a Tuesday Night and it does not cost you a penny.

Also it's good to see the community sort of bond together in friendly competition and banter which is something i don't rarely see much on other forums i'm associated with.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Getting the fun back into poker, via TKO:
    These TKO nights are just so much fun. There are Railers, & Anti-Railers, folks doing karaoke in the chat-box, singing, jokes, mock abuse, banter, the whole thing is so good-humoured. I wonder if it's because really, there is no "money pressure"? And not a whinge-bucket in sight. We had 5 of them in TKO 1, (some of us had a £1,000 Freeroll, too!), then tonight was the first of 5 in TKO II. So we have 4 more of these still to come, including Omaha, which should be a bit special. And the weird thing? We don't pay a penny to Enter, it's all for free. And there is £4,000 up for grabs. Sometimes, there is a danger in life of not appeciating the good things until it's too late. I'm gonna enjoy all of these, & it won't cost me a bean. What's not to like in that?
    Posted by Tikay10
    + 1
  • edited January 2010
    These TKO nights are just so much fun. There are Railers, & Anti-Railers, folks doing karaoke in the chat-box, singing, jokes, mock abuse, banter, the whole thing is so good-humoured. I wonder if it's because really, there is no "money pressure"? And not a whinge-bucket in sight. We had 5 of them in TKO 1, (some of us had a £1,000 Freeroll, too!), then tonight was the first of 5 in TKO II. So we have 4 more of these still to come, including Omaha, which should be a bit special. And the weird thing? We don't pay a penny to Enter, it's all for free. And there is £4,000 up for grabs. Sometimes, there is a danger in life of not appeciating the good things until it's too late. I'm gonna enjoy all of these, & it won't cost me a bean. What's not to like in that?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Whats not to like? the fact that spome players were excluded from it in a discriminatory fashion.

We are all customer of sky and when you atart thinking your bigger than the customer and can dictate which customers you want its time for you to go.

Long overdue
  • edited January 2010
    Hi tikay

You cant get any better than free, and this one has started as well as the last finished, if it wasnt for the fact I felt like I was letting everybody down by not being able to complete the games I would have joined in this one, allthough I have to admit, it would have given me a serious dilema, which team to chose because you have both become such good friends to me, I would probably have let Sky choose, but I would have still felt I was letting either one of you down by being on the other team, best way neither team :)
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1 even from a Team Lisa-Marie player
  • edited January 2010
    yea it was fun tonight... i think i finished about 150th ish... something like that so not too bad. i wander if any random players have names like sky_joe or something so that they look like they are working for sky lol. Wish i had thought of that when i created my table name :(
    Posted by BlackFish3

i'm afraid the team will change any aliases they come across containing 'Sky_XXX' it would just be confusing you you, the customers if we allowed lots of these to spring up!

cheers
  • edited January 2010
    Having fun for free - you can't say fairer than that. Very enjoyable
  • edited January 2010
    After watching and railing last night I have now changed my belief in certain things.

There is a tooth fairy
    Santa Claus is real
    Pixies do play at the bottom of my garden
    Miracles do happen
    Anyone can almost win a poker tournament

I would just like to add my congratulations to all the cashers and particularly the final pairing last night.

Can't wait for the next TKO ......... anything is possible now. I might even place.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi tikay You cant get any better than free, and this one has started as well as the last finished, if it wasnt for the fact I felt like I was letting everybody down by not being able to complete the games I would have joined in this one, allthough I have to admit, it would have given me a serious dilema, which team to chose because you have both become such good friends to me, I would probably have let Sky choose, but I would have still felt I was letting either one of you down by being on the other team, best way neither team :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    And very well played all