You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i just fold? or at least see the turn?

S7NS7N
edited March 2015 in The Poker Clinic

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Shedman78 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £3.19
Hugogypsy Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £9.82
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

trout42 Fold        
S7N Raise   £0.16 £0.28 £14.19
Robbo67 Raise   £1.28 £1.56 £6.72
wol00716 Fold        
Shedman78 Fold        
Hugogypsy Call   £1.20 £2.76 £8.62
S7N Call   £1.12 £3.88 £13.07
Flop

• A

Hugogypsy Bet   £3.88 £7.76 £4.74
S7N Fold        
Robbo67 Fold        
Hugogypsy Muck        
Hugogypsy Win   £3.58   £8.32
Hugogypsy Return   £3.88 £0.30 £12.20

Comments

• S7NS7N
    edited March 2015
    Strange, That would not work on my other computer.

Anyway, though I give up onit, would the villian really want to bet into it straight away with the goods?  My thoughts were QQ/KK would not bet straight into it, maybe AK or AQ would but again surely you would be looking for value.

On this table there was some really strange players, big bets creating big pots with any suited cards. I done ok on there but left in the end as I lost 45% of my buyin to a backdoor straight, that had been raised by me pre, UTG  with QQ.

Long storty short I think it wa something like runner runner and he turns over ace 2. Pre flop and turn I am notm sure what the villan was even hoping for... But hey ho... another lesson learned.
  • edited March 2015
    if you are going to fold that flop then you should fold to the raise pre
  • S7NS7N
    edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Should i just fold? or at least see the turn?:
    if you are going to fold that flop then you should fold to the raise pre
    Posted by GELDY
    Ha, straight to the point. Love it.

Thanks Geldy
  • edited March 2015
    Yeah I'd fold pre-flop given the size of the raise, especially after a min-raise open means you've hardly invested anything.  If the table is playing proper maniac then maybe there is a case to 4b shove and gamble (if you so wish), but that would be very oppo specific?

Against Robbo67 I definitely fold pre here lol... would recommend blocking out players names when you post hands!
  • S7NS7N
    edited March 2015
  • S7NS7N
    edited March 2015
  • edited March 2015
    As i dont know the opponent id initially agree with geldy, if your folding that flop then you need fold to the raise pre. But after the raise flop i think you dont have a lot of choice but to put him all in personally, you could call but then if the turn comes anything lower than a jack and he bets the rest of his stack you probably have to call again anyway. 

Thats probably completely wrong but thats how id do it :)
  • S7NS7N
    edited March 2015
    If I think about it, I guess the point of me sharing the hands was because subconsciously I knew that I should of either did what I did (Fold) which as you say, I shoud of done that pre flop.
    Or GII - Which I now regret not doing lol

As I said earlier, the aggression on the table would of been my motive.
  • edited March 2015
    I'd say your initial raise should be bigger.. but you shouldnt ever be calling his raise.. 99% of the time its a fold.. and the 1% of the time you think he is playing crazy and raising big with any 2 then just reraise him all in.