You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skybet new owners?

edited March 2015 in Poker Chat
i see big news stories today of skybet reneging on Chelsea PSG extra time bets. 

Did this use to happen before or is it a sign of the new ownership? 

Comments

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Skybet new owners?:
    i see big news stories today of skybet reneging on Chelsea PSG extra time bets.  Did this use to happen before or is it a sign of the new ownership? 
    Posted by GELDY
    Just had a look at the stories online. They make reference to people placing bets on PSG to win in extra time...

The score was 2-2 after extra time so the actual result of the game was a draw?!! The fact PSG went through on away goals should be irrelevant.
  • edited March 2015
    Yeah, if someone bet on PSG to win the game, either in 90 mins or extra time, then that didn't come in, but any bets on PSG to win the tie over 2 legs/qualify can count their pennies.

Such a shame to see Chelsea crash out ;)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Skybet new owners?:
    Yeah, if someone bet on PSG to win the game, either in 90 mins or extra time, then that didn't come in, but any bets on PSG to win the tie over 2 legs/qualify can count their pennies. Such a shame to see Chelsea crash out ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Am i right in thinking from other posts you're a Man City fan? Why couldn't your rabble manage to beat Burnley?!!!!! Leicester need all the help we can and that stuff-up didn't help in the slightest!! :)
  • edited March 2015
    Found an article that I assume you've also seen Geldy. 25/1 error paid out at 9/2?

Unfortunately all bookies are protected from this type of stuff with their T's and C's. House always wins! Though I'm guessing their Skybet special yesterday will have cleaned them out, romped home at 3/1.

I used to bet on South American football quite frequently. One weekend, Skybet had a game in the top division in Chile as a Sunday evening kick off, when in reality it had kicked off 24 hours before. I lumped everything I could on the winner, but alas Sky saw their error before I could withdraw :(

Edit - I am indeed a City fan, for my sins. A rather quiet City fan this weekend ;) Burnley have taken 4 points from us this season. I'd rather play Chelsea every week than them!
  • edited March 2015

That was posted in betting chat a few weeks ago. 

At the time I was pulling my hair out that the poster only had 2 quid on, but in light of recent events it was the optimal bet size as anything more would probably have been voided. 

I'd have put as much as they'd let me have on. 

Bet I wouldn't get it back when the horse inevitably fell over though ;)