You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky bet

i have not heard off any other site that close their betting site down its utter joke. not happy

Comments

• edited March 2015

Hi Ace,

I assume you are referring to this morning's problems?

I don't speak for SkyBet, but I can explain a few things which might help.

All SB&G Sites had a "Scheduled Outage" this morning. These are sometimes referred to as "Maintenance".

It's sometimes the case that complications arise, & presumably that caused today's delay in restoring all platforms. It was scheduled for 0500 - 0800, but it was after Midday before all services resumed I believe. I'm sure SkyBet regret that - they are bound to, it costs them money.

They deliberately do these things at the quietest time of day, usually 5 or 6am. That then helps if there is an over-run.

What is "Maintenance" or why do they do "Scheduled Outages"?

Well it's Corporate speak, really, what it really means is a combination of things which include (but not limited to) the following.

Restoring or upgrading existing products.

Adding new products, extra bells & whistles. Continuous improvement.

Adding & Testing new products 

Software upgrades.

Capacity upgrades.

You don't always - rarely in fact - see these changes, or new products, immediately, as they are installed in batches, behind a sort of closed site, ready for release at a later date. Some things - capacity upgrades, & the like - you never (knowingly) see. The end result, though, is a better & more stable site, with more features.

To be fair, you are incorrect to say other sites don't do this on a regular basis - they do. ALL Online Gaming Sites do it regularly. Not over-run of course, that's mercifully rare, but all sites do it.

Anyway, I thought I'd just try & give some background to it. Hope it helps a bit. 

PS - well done last night.