You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll and buyins

Evening all,

Im still reeling from the news about sky poker tv but we carry on -

I am playing £2 buyins and my bank roll is around £100 (from £10 initial deposit 4 weeks ago). My question is at what point should i move up to the £5's buy ins?

Regards

Greg

Comments

• edited March 2015
    It depends!

1) Are you wanting to not have to deposit again anytime soon?
    2) Can you reload if it goes baps up?
    3) Do you have a tapestry of funds you can happily tap into to top up every now and again?

If you don't want to have to deposit again for the foreseeable, then I'd stick with the £2 games mostly, perhaps adding in the odd £5 MTT here and there but keep the lower stuff as your bread and butter.

If you are happy to reload, then fill your boots! Most £5 games on Sky are BH's, so although £100 is only 20 buy ins (puts calculator away), the variance can be flattened a little with the head prize opportunity. But it's very easy to go 20 games without winning a bean, so you'd need to be content to suck it up if the worst happens and put it down to experience.

I think there is a £1500 BH that has a buy in of £5.75 (note the 15% rake....) every evening, perhaps start adding that to your normal games for a week and see how you go? Maybe proportion X amount of your roll as experimentation for this, and should you brick it 5 nights in a row, then dust yourself down and try and rebuild the roll (or use option 3 and top yourself back up to £100 and write off the 25 quid).

Edit - there is also a timed MTT at £5.50 with a £300 gtd. This won't make you rich, but can be a good way to a quick few quid in a short time frame. I played it for the first time in ages the other day and ended up with £18.50 at the end of 30 mins, but you do need to run well!
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Bankroll and buyins:
    It depends! 1) Are you wanting to not have to deposit again anytime soon? 2) Can you reload if it goes baps up? 3) Do you have a tapestry of funds you can happily tap into to top up every now and again? If you don't want to have to deposit again for the foreseeable, then I'd stick with the £2 games mostly, perhaps adding in the odd £5 MTT here and there but keep the lower stuff as your bread and butter. If you are happy to reload, then fill your boots! Most £5 games on Sky are BH's, so although £100 is only 20 buy ins (puts calculator away), the variance can be flattened a little with the head prize opportunity. But it's very easy to go 20 games without winning a bean, so you'd need to be content to suck it up if the worst happens and put it down to experience. I think there is a £1500 BH that has a buy in of £5.75 (note the 15% rake....) every evening, perhaps start adding that to your normal games for a week and see how you go? Maybe proportion X amount of your roll as experimentation for this, and should you brick it 5 nights in a row, then dust yourself down and try and rebuild the roll (or use option 3 and top yourself back up to £100 and write off the 25 quid). Edit - there is also a timed MTT at £5.50 with a £300 gtd. This won't make you rich, but can be a good way to a quick few quid in a short time frame. I played it for the first time in ages the other day and ended up with £18.50 at the end of 30 mins, but you do need to run well!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

These are very good even try the 7.05 one for 3.30 and theres a load through the day.

They helped me build my bankroll. Varience is less as alot of the time you can still walk a way with your buyin.

• edited March 2015
    Not much to add, except that "baps up" is marvellous. Jesus, "tapestry of funds" isn't too shabby either. Wpwp. The fawning stops here. 
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Bankroll and buyins:
    Not much to add, except that "baps up" is marvellous. Jesus, "tapestry of funds" isn't too shabby either. Wpwp. The fawning stops here. 
    Posted by SR23

?????? lol